Stocks Waver on EuroTrash
The only investment the Masters can endorse today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The fund is up 3.7% today and trading around $45 per share. Investing in the VXX is very risky, this is a timely trade and should not be played long term. However with the uncertainty in Europe with Greece and Italy taking center stage betting on volatility seems to be in order.
When fear hits the market and the Dow swings triple digits, the VXX tends to have a great day. The VXX tracks a perpetual (and hypothetical) 30-day VIX future. It typically tracks about half the daily move in the CBOE Market Volatility Index (VIX), though it's wildly variable.
What's clear is that EuroTrash is impacting our stocks, its why the Masters like the VXX for day trading. We have no clear direction of how Italy is going to clean-up its mess. Greece and Italy have new leaders, but no new solutions.
Trade accordingly and be defensive. Adding a little VXX to the portfolio could help in the interim as we will continue to expect stocks to flip flop.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fishing Out These Three Small Cap Plays Off Everyone’s Radar | iBankCoin.com
- The S&P 500 Is Now A Gambler's Paradise With 76.9% Up Days In May So Far | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Journey: Europe, the Glorious and the Banal | Financial Sense
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Tune In, Turn On, Opt Out | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $MT | iBankCoin.com
- Which EU Economies Are Growing? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Financial Genius Has Evaporated, But We Can Bring It Back | Business Insider
- Danielle Chiesi Got Out Of Prison Early And Is Living In A Bronx Halfway House | Business Insider
- We Can Now Predict Where Hurricane Blackouts Will Happen | Business Insider
- The 8 Richest People In Baseball | Business Insider
- Chipotle Is Really Getting Into The Booze Business These Days | Business Insider
- Here's What 14 Fashion Icons Really Think Of Marc Jacobs | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com