EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Something's Broken" - VIXnado Sparks Total Chaos In Stocks As Copper & Crude Crumble | ZeroHedge
- Unraveling The Aleppo / Mosul Riddle | ZeroHedge
- For The First Time In 2016, Junk Bond Defaults Are Decelerating | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- About That "Pillar" Of American Democracy... | ZeroHedge
- Norway Surveillance Photos Show Russian Aircraft Carrier Flotilla On Route To Syria | ZeroHedge
- Tactically Cautious on Global Equities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most ardent meat-lover in San Francisco's restaurant scene says he... | Business Insider
- Police fatally shot a 66-year-old black woman... | Business Insider
- Get a stylish pair of dress shoes for under $200 — and more of... | Business Insider
- 7 great Tom Cruise movies you may not have actually seen | Business Insider
- This is how to introduce 1.7 billion people to your business | Business Insider
- India's becoming a lot more important in the oil market | Business Insider
- There's one type of zombie you'll never see on '... | Business Insider