EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 85% of Pension Funds to Fail in Three Decades | Financial Sense
- Bloodmoon Meltdown | iBankCoin.com
- This Is The Headline That Broke Today's Downward Momentum | ZeroHedge
- Russian Fighter Jet Flies Repeatedly Within 1000 Yards Of US Warship In The Black Sea | ZeroHedge
- My #1, Back Up the Truck Now, Idea | iBankCoin.com
- Monday Humor: So You Want To Be A Trader... | ZeroHedge
- Sixth Phone Conversation: Obama Warns Putin "Costs" Will Increase; Kremlin Tells Obama To "Prevent Bloodshed" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How The 10 Highest-Paid Players In Major League Soccer Compare To Other Sports | Business Insider
- E-COMMERCE INSIDER: Mobile... | Business Insider
- Kass Katch: Buy Ocwen Financial | TheStreet.com
- This Is The Best Way To Figure Out When To Look For Tonight's Eclipse... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Android's Design Chief Thinks The Idea Mobile Is Dead | Business Insider
- 27-Year-Old Soldier To Receive Medal Of Honor For Heroics During Hellish 16-Hour Afghan Battle... | Business Insider
- Carrier... | Business Insider