EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Chinese Oligarchs Used Fake Trade Invoices To Launder Almost $1 Trillion Globally | ZeroHedge
- US Factory Orders Drop YoY For 5th Consecutive Month | ZeroHedge
- So Is This "Unambiguously Bad"? | ZeroHedge
- Sell It All - Stocks, Bonds, & The Dollar Are Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- No Really, Who Is Buying? | ZeroHedge
- Violent Moves Continue In European Bond Market; Equity Futures Rebound With Oil At Fresh 2015 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Israeli Soldiers Describe How They "Shot Innocent Civilians Because They Were Bored" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- China is making moves in Antarctica | Business Insider
- Kim Kardashian has been showing off tons of old selfies the public has never seen | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, HLF, ALL, AAPL) | Business Insider
- 15 signs you're a narcissist | Business Insider
- Billionaire Mike Ashley's HQ was raided by the police... | Business Insider