EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two Americas - One Photo | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Forming: China Heading Back Into Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Slew Of Negative News, Defaults And Failed Mergers Push Futures In The Green | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- Will NIRP Trigger a Systemic Event? | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Drafting Women Means Equality In Slavery | ZeroHedge
- Just Two Headlines: For Oil 2016 Is Setting Up To Be A Rerun Of Last Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Chinese sportswear brand called Uncle Martian just launched, and it appears... | Business Insider
- 'They're a laughingstock': Former senior White House... | Business Insider
- Billions of noisy bugs are about to take the East Coast by... | Business Insider
- The new Valeant CEO's pay package is putting the company in serious danger | Business Insider
- This movie about the universe has been 30 years in the making, and it's... | Business Insider
- Unless consumers start spending, we're in for... | Business Insider
- If you've seen sex ads on Twitter, you aren't the only one (... | Business Insider