EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ABC's of the AIIB | Financial Sense
- With Greece "Nowhere Close" To Deal, Depositors Pull €300 Million From Banks In Single Day | ZeroHedge
- How Healthcare Is Dooming the U.S. Economy (In Just 3 Charts) | ZeroHedge
- The Farce Is Complete: FIFA, Qatar Donated To The Clinton Foundation | ZeroHedge
- Easy?! | Financial Sense
- Do Not Show This Chart To Bank Of Japan Governor Kuroda | ZeroHedge
- I AM AFRAID OF THE CYBER-NET | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s the case for how Apple could blow up the cable industry | Business Insider
- Apple exec: 'The car is the ultimate mobile device... | Business Insider
- Suu Kyi sidesteps Rohingya migrant crisis for... | Business Insider
- Here come pending home sales ... (ITB, XHB, PKB, HOMX, FLM) | Business Insider
- McIlroy in nine over nightmare at Irish Open | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Nadal, Djokovic, Serena eye Paris last-32 | Business Insider