EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Supreme Court To Decide What Constitutes Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- "Western Central Banks Have Set Us Up; You'll Hear The Printing Presses From Mars" | ZeroHedge
- Will FTC Probe Of Largest For-Profit College Lead To Another Billion Dollar Taxpayer Bailout? | ZeroHedge
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese Stocks Extend Yesterday's Plunge Despite Regulators "Asking" Insurers To Stop "Net Sales" | ZeroHedge
- New Weather Software Could Be A Game-Changer For Solar and Wind | Financial Sense
- Worst Wage Growth In History Sparks Bond & Stock Buying Frenzy, Rate Hike Expectations Crater | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Disabled Americans are worse off now than they were 25... | Business Insider
- There's a new debt-ceiling deadline on the horizon... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Disputed German Michael Jackson memorial may have to... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett... | Business Insider
- 'An exciting and unexpected discovery' shows that... | Business Insider
- Get ready for the biggest month of US economic data in years (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM)... | Business Insider