EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Debunking Loretta Lynch's One-Sided 'Chicago Cops Are Racist Villains' Statistics | ZeroHedge
- A Trade War That Cannot Be Won | Financial Sense
- Guess What Term Is Suddenly Surging On Pornhub | ZeroHedge
- Trump Tweets "Car Companies Have To Start Making Things Here Again" | ZeroHedge
- Making Taxes Great Again - Trump vs. GOP Proposals | Financial Sense
- Harvard Is 'Billionaire-Making' University | ZeroHedge
- Financial Times Editorial Seeks Restrictions on Free Speech to Stop False News “Propaganda War” | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iran's anti-aircraft forces targeted a drone that... | Business Insider
- 17 photos of the stunning inaugural ball gowns worn by first ladies over... | Business Insider
- 2 reasons growth is going to pick up in 2017 | Business Insider
- Davos elites suffering acute anxiety over the... | Business Insider
- Rob Gronkowski is starring in two upcoming crime thrillers | Business Insider
- The F-35 may carry one of the US's most polarizing nuclear weapons... | Business Insider
- CIA director: Trump equating intelligence community... | Business Insider