EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is the US Stock Market at a Major Inflection Point? | Financial Sense
- The Real Barack Obama Is Finally Exposed To Everyone | ZeroHedge
- What Trump’s Next 100 Days Will Look Like | Financial Sense
- Will Trump Release The Missing JFK Files? | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Airport Security Chief Fired After United Airlines Debacle | ZeroHedge
- MISOC: The U.S. Military's Secret Brand Of Fake News | ZeroHedge
- "I Kept My Promise To Americans": Trump Explains What He Did In His First 100 Days | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why the prime minister of the... | Business Insider
- CEO Jack Dorsey just bought $9.5 million worth of shares after... | Business Insider
- A $16 billion investor is making a huge bet on Wall Street's hottest... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The strange connection expressed in Trump's 'empathetic'... | Business Insider
- Here's what analysts have to say about Amazon's explosive quarter (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Fyre Festival expectations vs. reality — here's what attendees... | Business Insider