EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Touts South Stream Pipeline As Europe’s Gas Lifeline | ZeroHedge
- Forget Global Geopolitical Chaos, S&P 500 Surges To All-Time Record High As Gold Slides | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Utility Companies Push Back in Net Metering Battle | Financial Sense
- Ackman Unleashes Herbalife's Biggest Single-Day Gain Ever | ZeroHedge
- A Great Period of Annihilation | iBankCoin.com
- As Bearish Russell 2000 Bets Hit 3 Year High, Here Is How Hedge Funds Are Doing In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Chile con Bottom Recipe | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 30-Year-Old Law Is Creating A Crisis In San Francisco | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Ori Allon Sold One Startup To Google And Another To Twitter... | Business Insider
- An Engineer Invented A Headphone-Friendly Hoodie That Could Break Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/... | StreetInsider.com
- The Israeli Army Is Suffering Some Of Its Most Severe Losses In Years | Business Insider
- Rick Perry Is Sending 1,000 Troops To The Border | Business Insider