EU Kicks Stocks Down Again
Today is no different, the major indexes are down around 1.5% and the rich only care about how they lost a few bucks on Facebook (FB). Cry me a river.
Stocks are down because Greece is killing us all, pushing our precious equities off the cliff into a bottomless pit.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Markets are swooning in Europe and the U.S. as investors become increasingly skeptical that European leaders will succeed at jump-starting the region's economy and preventing a messy exit from the euro by Greece.
The euro fell to its lowest level against the dollar in nearly two years as confidence in Europe's common currency continued to erode. Stock markets in Europe and commodities prices also fell sharply.
European leaders are meeting to try and find a way to keep the region's debt crisis from spiraling out of control. They're also seeking ways to promote jobs and growth.
Here's how the indexes are trading right now:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Bloodbathery Continues - "Some Folks Were Selling... Everything" | ZeroHedge
- RUSSIA HAS COLLAPSED | iBankCoin.com
- Today's Equity Market Set 2 Stunning Records | ZeroHedge
- Look Who Is Buddy-Buddy With Russia Nowadays | ZeroHedge
- Bravo to the Amateur Stock Selector, May You Choke to Death on Your Victory | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed Is Sitting On a $191 TRILLION Time Bomb | ZeroHedge
- Energy Is the Place To Be Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US cinemas cancel film parody of N.Korea leader after... | Business Insider
- Russians Are Scrambling To Get Their Hands On US Dollars | Business Insider
- Why It's Harder For Women To Say 'No' To Extra Work | Business Insider
- The Most Iconic Kids' Toys of All Time | Business Insider
- Researchers 'Averaged' The Faces Of 400 CEOs — Here's The Prototypical... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek