DryShips: $5 to $1 stock in 30 past days
DryShips Inc (DRYS) was $5 on Dec 23 2016 compared to today's price of $1.16 - another 52-week low. Shares of DRYS are down 76% in the past month and shareholders are wondering where is the bottom?
DRYS dropped another penny while writing this article and now stands at $1.15. Volume on shares of DRYS has been screaming the past week and today with a few hours before the close DRYS has passed 40 million shares traded. The 5 day loss is at 46% on DRYS shares from the $2 level. All that selling appears justified now that the company has announced... DUM DUM DUM!
A Reverse Stock spit.
That's right, for every 8 shares you own of DRYS you now get 1 share. The split is effective next Monday, Jan 23. A desperate act by the company to keep it's shares on the NASDAQ before desliting occurs once it gets below $1.
DRYS has 69,357,841 shares as of today, after next week it will be approximately 8.7 million shares.
Click if you care to read More on the smoke and mirrors show from the company.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Healthcare Vote Timing: 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm; "Hard No's" Drop To 18 | ZeroHedge
- China's Largest Dairy Operator Suddenly Crashes 90% To Record Low, Muddy Waters Says "Worth Close To Zero" | ZeroHedge
- Trump On What Happens Next: "Obamacare Will Explode" | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes On Washington: US Futures Rise On Hope Healthcare Vote Will Pass | ZeroHedge
- Fund flows of this size could mark a top, says Joe Friday | ZeroHedge
- World Out of Whack: Your Attention Please | ZeroHedge
- Will Sean Spicer Announce A Delay On The Vote During Today's Presser? - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 words that are more familiar to women than men | Business Insider
- I created my own shampoo and conditioner, and I never want to buy... | Business Insider
- Artificial intelligence isn’t science fiction – it’s a... | Business Insider
- Here's what it takes to get into America's best business schools | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- THE MOBILE P2P PAYMENTS REPORT: Why it's more important than ever for companies to... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: 'The best thing we can do is let Obamacare explode' | Business Insider