Walt Disney makes a Top Dividend Stock for 2015
Yet another reason to buy Walt Disney (DIS) as we have been preaching since the announcement of Star Wars Episode 7.
In November we laid out the reasons Why Buy Disney Shares and Star Wars episode 7 is the main reason along with all the Marvel movies and merchandise.
The Fool.com included Disney as one of its top dividend stocks for 2015.
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
Steve Symington (Disney): Even with shares trading near all-time highs, I think now is a great time to buy The Walt Disney Company. The entertainment conglomerate just wrapped up its fourth consecutive banner year, with fiscal 2014 revenue up 8% to $48.8 billion, and earnings per share up 26% to $4.26 -- both company records. Keeping in mind Disney aims to use repurchases and dividends to return at least 20% of the cash it generates to shareholders, that performance shows no signs of letting up.
In 2015, Disney's Studio Entertainment segment most notably looks forward to the releases of two Marvel titles in Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant Man, two Pixar films with Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur, and -- perhaps most exciting -- the first big screen fruits of its 2012 acquisition of LucasFilm with Star Wars: Episode VII-The Force Awakens.
And because it's in the unique position of being able to leverage its theatrical success across the company, you can be sure there will be complementary offerings from other segments including its popular Consumer Products, packed-to-capacity Parks and Resorts, presence on the small screen with Media Networks, and a game-centric Disney Infinity toy line within Interactive. Given this multi-pronged approach at effectively mopping up consumers' entertainment budgets, Disney stock should have nowhere to go but up for patient, long-term shareholders.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
- "We've Reached Our Limits" - Greece Begins Blocking Refugees | ZeroHedge
- Another DHS “Exercise” Planned: The Risk of Terrorism Drills Becoming Reality | ZeroHedge
- Despite Dip-Buying Panic, The Dow Has Not Seen Longer Losing Streak Than This Since 1978 | ZeroHedge
- John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks | Financial Sense
- What Obamacare’s Failure Means for America | Financial Sense
- Sanctioned Russian Bank Confirms It Met With Trump's Son-In-Law | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wells Fargo rolls out card-free ATMs (WFG) | Business Insider
- The next must-watch TV show is Russia's version of... | Business Insider
- Chinese state companies are eyeing the Panama Canal... | Business Insider
- The best photos from the NCAA Tournament so far | Business Insider
- One man has been creating an incredible 'Minecraft' universe for nearly 5... | Business Insider
- Trump will look to recover from his worst week yet as president | Business Insider
- The 7 best scenes that Quentin Tarantino has ever directed | Business Insider