Disney hit a new 52-week Low Yesterday
Walt Disney Co (DIS) shares touched a new 12 month low during Wednesday's trading session. That price was $86.25 a share. It didn't stay that way for long.
All on ESPN woes. Give me a break. Disney is so much more than ESPN. Even Barron's agrees. The stock is holding today above $90 and that appears to be the floor.
The problem with Disney is that close to half of its income comes from it's media networks division with ESPN making up the big bulk of that. The costs of running ESPN are outweighing the number of people what subscribe to it. Despite efforts like SlingTV, only 500,000 people have signed up for it. ESPN has lost 7 million paying subscribers in the past 2 years. ESPN is dying.
Disney had it's greatest single quarter in the company's history. The company reported record revenue of $15.24 billion for a $490 million beat. Disney is more than ESPN, its theme parks, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and more.
Jim Cramer went to bat for Disney (DIS) as well yesterday, here's that:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 100 Years Ago, Russian Stocks Had A Very Bad Day | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta GDPNow Confirms “Hard” Data Still Disappointing | Financial Sense
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
- An Obama Plot To Sabotage Trump? | ZeroHedge
- America's #1 Again (In Healthcare Costs Around The World) | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: Medicare Part G? | ZeroHedge
- The Best Way To Learn About Stocks… | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber is considering leaving Seattle if drivers join unions | Business Insider
- A 28-year-old CEO named to Forbes 30 Under 30 shares his favorite question to ask in a job... | Business Insider
- Initial jobless claims unexpectedly climb | Business Insider
- Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by... | Business Insider
- Immigrants deported under Obama share stories of terror and rights violations | Business Insider
- Actress Emma Thompson says Trump hit on her: 'I didn't know what to do with myself... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek