New highs for Star Wars, New Lows of it's Parent Company shares
Star Wars Ep. 7 is now the highest earning movie of all-time. Despite it's success the company who will be profiting, Walt Disney Co. (DIS) is hurting. DIS is down on ESPN blues and being hit hard due to the decline in all stocks. We reached a point where this may be ready for a bounce.
Disney (DIS) shares fell to the $98 level today and finished at $99.40. That makes a 12.5% decline in DIS shares in the past month and more than 5% in the new year. The average target price on DIS is $118 according to Finviz.com
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
Mastery expects more target price reductions to come in on Disney from the analyst community. However at the moment DIS according to the analysts think the stock could gain 18% in the next 12 months. Cable cord cutting is going to kill Disney's revenue and that part of the business is dying. Walt Disney takes in about 44% of its revenue from cable services such as ESPN, A&E Networks and ABC.
At some point analysts are going to say Disney has dropped to far too fast. We expect that to come soon. Given the S&P 500 is down close to 5% in 2016 stocks like Disney (which are big with trusts, big funds, pensions, etc) are going to be looked at to make a comeback.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Obamacare Repeal Blew Up Bigly Because of a House Divided Against Itself | ZeroHedge
- Shiller's CAPE – Is There A Better Measure? | ZeroHedge
- 30Y Treasury Yield Back Below 3.00% As Shorts Squeezed To Lowest Since November | ZeroHedge
- "Much Worse Than Watergate", Former CIA Officer Admits Trump 'Wiretapping' Likely True | ZeroHedge
- Praxis Seeks to Revive the Apprenticeship Model of Employment | Financial Sense
- London Mayor's Ties To Extremism Call Commitment To Fighting Terror Into Question | ZeroHedge
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 simple tricks to make your coworkers like you | Business Insider
- 13 rules for using commas without looking like an idiot | Business Insider
- Fresh fruits and veggies aren't always healthier than frozen ones — here's why | Business Insider
- How the incredible opening shot of the new sci-fi thriller 'Life' was made | Business Insider
- Why Breitbart is showing up in your Google ‘Top stories’ (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Sarah Paulson wants to play Trump in the 'bats---' next season of 'American Horror... | Business Insider
- This inexpensive kitchen gadget might be the easiest way to make breakfast before work | Business Insider