Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- HAR, HAR, HAR: I AM RONG SORAR! | iBankCoin.com
- FREE SCOTLAND | iBankCoin.com
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won | Financial Sense
- What Happens When Scottish Voters Give It Their 110%, According To CNN | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- There Are Limits to My Depravity | iBankCoin.com
- BofA Says Bearish Bonds Means Bullish Greenback | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel Explains Why PayPal Paid Customers To Sign Up In The Early Days | Business Insider
- Polls open in Scottish independence vote | Business Insider
- Meet New Oracle Co-CEO Safra Catz, The Highest-Paid Female Executive In The World (ORCL... | Business Insider
- South Korea Arrests American Reportedly Trying To... | Business Insider
- The 20 Best Business Schools For Social Life | Business Insider
- Jameis Winston's Off-Field Issues May Have Already Cost Him More Than $12 Million | Business Insider