Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Could Go Wrong? | Financial Sense
- A Bad Plan Is Better Than No Plan | Altucher Confidential
- George Soros Denies He Is Funding Townhall Protests | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Hacking Spree: Is Blockchain the Solution? | Financial Sense
- Trader: "The Next Market Phase May Be Dominated By Genuine Disappointment" | ZeroHedge
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: "Not The Best Of Times" For America, "I Read WaPo And NYT Every Day" | ZeroHedge
- In A Battle Between Trump And The Federal Reserve, Who Really Wins? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Every shred of available evidence shows policies protecting LGBT... | Business Insider
- TRUMP HITS FBI: 'Totally unable to stop the national... | Business Insider
- Jordan Peele explains why his horror movie about racism is what we need in the Trump era... | Business Insider
- Meg Whitman's warning on border tax: 'It actually lowers... | Business Insider
- Mexico's retaliation against Trump may be taking... | Business Insider
- Trump tweets wildly misleading comparison of the... | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about Nintendo's new $300 console... | Business Insider