Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Consequences Of America’s Invasion Of Afghanistan: NYC Heroin Deaths Highest In A Decade | ZeroHedge
- Past Fear, Present Fear | ZeroHedge
- I Blame The Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- This Has Never Happened Before | ZeroHedge
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- Bueller, Bueller | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Warns Military Escalation In Ukraine "May Lead To A Lehman-Style Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Al Qaeda-Linked Group Kidnapped Dozens Of UN Peacekeepers In The 'Disengagement... | Business Insider
- 8 Of The Most Ridiculously Expensive Gadgets Money Can Buy | Business Insider
- Leopard Serena roars on as Ivanovic stunned at US Open | Business Insider
- South Africa beat Zimbabwe in ODI clash | Business Insider
- Gung-ho rebels impose tough rule of newly-taken Ukraine... | Business Insider
- New York City's 2-Bedroom, 22-Person Apartment Is Your Worst Nightmare | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com