Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dems Squirm On Sunday Morning Talk Shows As WikiLeaks And O'Keefe Promise More Surprises | ZeroHedge
- Trump Slams "Voter Suppression", Cites "Oversampling" As Evidence Of Rigged Polls | ZeroHedge
- EM Reflation Confirming Indicator Raises a Red Flag | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Why There's No Economically Sustainable Price For Oil Anymore | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Vehicles Coming Faster than You Think | Financial Sense
- New Podesta Email Exposes Playbook For Rigging Polls Through "Oversamples" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Philippines may be shifting into a new phase of its blood-... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's really like to have obsessive-compulsive disorder | Business Insider
- Stop going online if you wake up and can't get back to sleep — it's not helping... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Clinton slams Trump for comments on anti-ISIS offensive: '... | Business Insider
- Under Armour releases new Stephen Curry commercial showing how much last... | Business Insider
- 'Pokémon Go' is dying — and Niantic is doing little to stop the... | Business Insider