Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Commerce Department Will Throw You In Jail For Not Filling Out This Survey | ZeroHedge
- Defiant Tsipras Warns European Leaders They Are "Making A Grave Mistake" | ZeroHedge
- HSBC Joins JPMorgan: Prepares To Unveil Up To 20,000 Job Cuts | ZeroHedge
- From May-hem to Junemaggedon?? | ZeroHedge
- SmartKnowledgeU Podcast #10: Free Your Mind | ZeroHedge
- Monday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- QE forever and ever and ever and ever............ | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece's Tsipras attacks creditors over 'absurd... | Business Insider
- Former Liberal Democrat Party leader... | Business Insider
- The only 2 cities that want to host the... | Business Insider
- Beijing bans indoor smoking, fears over enforcement | Business Insider
- MIT's terrifying silent cheetah... | Business Insider
- Why one of Google's first execs left — and then came back | Business Insider
- Federer faces Wawrinka as home hopes rest with Tsonga | Business Insider