Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Is China So Upset About Trump’s Taiwan Call – And Could It Lead to War? | Financial Sense
- German Companies Pull Ads From Breitbart | ZeroHedge
- Northwest Braces For "Polar Plunge" As Temps Expected To Fall 35 Degrees Below Average | ZeroHedge
- Our "Gaslight" Economy | ZeroHedge
- With Assad On Verge Of Historic Victory, Syrian Rebels Request A Ceasefire | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Driven Vancouver Housing Bubble Moves To Seattle - "This Is Vancouver 2.0" | ZeroHedge
- Powerful 6.8 Magnitude Quake Strikes Off The Coast Of Northern California | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The incredible history of Air Force One | Business Insider
- Get a great deal on new sheets for your bed — and more of today's... | Business Insider
- A Pakistan passenger plane issued a mayday call before a... | Business Insider
- Fitbit looks to buy software assets from Pebble as it moves beyond fitness trackers (FIT... | Business Insider
- CHARLES SCHWAB: 'Take a cautious approach to the bond market... | Business Insider
- The shocking truth about how Scientology really works, according to... | Business Insider
- This rainbow tree is real — and it grows naturally in the... | Business Insider