Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Woeful 3 Year Auction: Tailing Yield, Plunging Bid To Cover, Sliding Indirects | ZeroHedge
- Credit Better Be Wrong This Time | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street's Biggest Permabull Slashes US Growth Outlook (Again), Says No Chance Of March Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Gold Surges To 4-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Prepares To Liquidate Its Remaining Gold Holdings To Pay Coming Debt Maturities | ZeroHedge
- Trump, Sanders Set To Dominate As New Hampshire Votes In Nation's First Primary | ZeroHedge
- Catch Up On The Latest Chinese News With These Seven Bullets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If you want to get started with virtual reality, try one of these... | Business Insider
- Watch WWE superstar Daniel Bryan announce his retirement due to concussion risk... | Business Insider
- The 5 worst hand-held weapons of all time | Business Insider
- The best pizza in 14 big cities around the US | Business Insider
- Margot Robbie accidentally gave someone a misspelled 'Suicide... | Business Insider
- Target just made a huge change to children's bedrooms across America | Business Insider
- 5 years of studying... | Business Insider