Covered Call Picks (CLSN,ALXA,KERX,OCZ,PPHM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||7.82||8||1.6||20.50%||January 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.49||5.5||1||18.20%||January 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.77||3||0.5||16.20%||January 2013|
|OCZ||OCZ Technology Group Inc||1.9||2||0.3||13.20%||January 2013|
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||1.23||1.5||0.2||12.20%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.82. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.49. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $9.9.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.77. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.9. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $1.23. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gun Violence In America (In 6 Uncomfortable Charts) | ZeroHedge
- SCaMDaLF THe MuNiFiCeNT... | ZeroHedge
- FOMC has Spoken... What Now for the Markets? | ZeroHedge
- The Burning Questions For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal | Financial Sense
- Someone Is Lying | ZeroHedge
- WINSHIP IS ON THE MENU | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dirk Nowitzki Took A $15 Million Pay Cut, And Now He's The Lowest-Paid... | Business Insider
- A Man Who Lost Both Arms 40 Years Ago Is Making... | Business Insider
- This Is Why Square Is Going To Miss Starbucks — A Lot (SBUX) | Business Insider
- Google Is Making Plans To Put The Next... | Business Insider
- FCA recalls 3.3 mn autos worldwide for Takata airbags | Business Insider
- Stocks Are Surging Into The Close (DIA, SPY, QQQ, USO) | Business Insider
- This Is The Jaguar That The Villain Will Drive In... | Business Insider