Covered Call Picks (ONTY,AMRN,RIMM,CTIC,ZNGA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ONTY||Oncothyreon Inc||4.13||5||1.1||25.40%||January 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||2.1||17.20%||January 2013|
|RIMM||Research In Motion Ltd||11.9||12||1.2||9.80%||January 2013|
|CTIC||Cell Therapeutics Inc||1.36||1.5||0.1||9.60%||January 2013|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.49||2.5||0.2||9.60%||January 2013|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $4.13. Its 52 week range is between $3.35 and $9.23.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $17.96.
Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC) is currently trading at $1.36. Its 52 week range is between $1.14 and $8.25.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.48. Its 52 week range is between $2.09 and $15.91.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Surveillance State Goes Mainstream: Windows 10 Is Watching (& Logging) Everything | ZeroHedge
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
- The Complete Breakdown Of Every Hillary And Bill Clinton Speech, And Fee, Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Connecticut On Its Latest Cash Grab: It’s Not Greed When We Do It | ZeroHedge
- Taking Profits | iBankCoin.com
- Are We Being Forced Into A "Second American Civil War"… If So, Who Will Win? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Crashes To $45 Handle - Lowest Since March | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Eyes on banks as Greek stock exchange to reopen | Business Insider
- MtGox Bitcoin CEO is facing fresh allegations that he... | Business Insider
- Facebook has given birth to a bunch of startups who want to... | Business Insider
- Adidas defend controversial Man Utd women's shirt | Business Insider
- Western sanctions are hitting Russia harder than people realized | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Soudelor targets Japan, China as most powerful storm of... | Business Insider