Covered Call Picks (ONTY,AMRN,RIMM,CTIC,ZNGA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ONTY||Oncothyreon Inc||4.13||5||1.1||25.40%||January 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||2.1||17.20%||January 2013|
|RIMM||Research In Motion Ltd||11.9||12||1.2||9.80%||January 2013|
|CTIC||Cell Therapeutics Inc||1.36||1.5||0.1||9.60%||January 2013|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.49||2.5||0.2||9.60%||January 2013|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $4.13. Its 52 week range is between $3.35 and $9.23.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $17.96.
Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC) is currently trading at $1.36. Its 52 week range is between $1.14 and $8.25.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.48. Its 52 week range is between $2.09 and $15.91.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MeeT JoHNNY JiHaD... | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day - Fantasy February Edition | ZeroHedge
- 10 Year Sells Off Above 2% On Weak, Tailing 7 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- OMAB 4Q Results Were Strong | iBankCoin.com
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Growth Moderates | Financial Sense
- Full Circle: The First Anti-Government Protest In Greece Turns Ugly | ZeroHedge
- You Literally No Nothing At All | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Isolated skirmishes hamper Ukraine truce | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs employees got the billion dollar payout they... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- The company behind one of the best fitness trackers in the world may be raising $300... | Business Insider
- Haunting pictures of an abandoned hospital in the Italian... | Business Insider
- Samsung was so surprised by its success in the US that it sent people to audit its own... | Business Insider