Covered Call Picks (ONTY,AMRN,RIMM,CTIC,ZNGA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ONTY||Oncothyreon Inc||4.13||5||1.1||25.40%||January 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||2.1||17.20%||January 2013|
|RIMM||Research In Motion Ltd||11.9||12||1.2||9.80%||January 2013|
|CTIC||Cell Therapeutics Inc||1.36||1.5||0.1||9.60%||January 2013|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.49||2.5||0.2||9.60%||January 2013|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $4.13. Its 52 week range is between $3.35 and $9.23.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $17.96.
Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC) is currently trading at $1.36. Its 52 week range is between $1.14 and $8.25.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.48. Its 52 week range is between $2.09 and $15.91.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Week: Trump Inauguration, Davos, Theresa May, ECB, China GDP | ZeroHedge
- Cable Plunges To October Flash-Crash Lows After May's "Clean & Hard Brexit" Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Harvard Is 'Billionaire-Making' University | ZeroHedge
- Proposed Tax Changes and How to Benefit from Them | Financial Sense
- Trump Tweets "Car Companies Have To Start Making Things Here Again" | ZeroHedge
- Howard Marks: "So Much For The Experts" | ZeroHedge
- Is Tolerance A One-Way Street? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: Tony Romo still wants to play for the Denver Broncos but they are not... | Business Insider
- The biggest challenge for automakers in the 21st century... | Business Insider
- Anti-Trump protesters are gearing up ahead of... | Business Insider
- We got our hands on the $44,000 watch that only 352 people can own | Business Insider
- There's a simple test you can do at home to see if... | Business Insider
- 10 books that famous CEOs loved reading | Business Insider
- The F-35 may carry one of the US's most polarizing nuclear weapons... | Business Insider