Covered Call Picks (ONTY,AMRN,RIMM,CTIC,ZNGA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ONTY||Oncothyreon Inc||4.13||5||1.1||25.40%||January 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||2.1||17.20%||January 2013|
|RIMM||Research In Motion Ltd||11.9||12||1.2||9.80%||January 2013|
|CTIC||Cell Therapeutics Inc||1.36||1.5||0.1||9.60%||January 2013|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.49||2.5||0.2||9.60%||January 2013|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $4.13. Its 52 week range is between $3.35 and $9.23.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $17.96.
Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC) is currently trading at $1.36. Its 52 week range is between $1.14 and $8.25.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.48. Its 52 week range is between $2.09 and $15.91.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hacker Finds Way To "Skyjack" And Zombify Drones | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rogers Cautions "Be Prepared, Be Worried, And Be Careful... This Is Going To End Badly" | ZeroHedge
- As "Expected" EURJPY 139.00 Lifts Stocks Into The Green | ZeroHedge
- China Troubles and the Incapable Nitwits of 2014 | Financial Sense
- Gold Edging Closer to Long-Term Bearish; Beware of Blind Spots! | Financial Sense
- Too Big To Fail Banks Are Taking Over As Number Of U.S. Banks Falls To Record Low | ZeroHedge
- GDP Q3 Second Estimate Rises to 3.6% | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alleged Drug Dealer Said He Had Photos Of Toronto Mayor... | Business Insider
- Here Are The States With The Most Hungry Children [MAP] | Business Insider
- Networks Are Battling To Make Tim... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Recent Mexican Truck Thieves May End Up Getting Cancer | Business Insider
- US Oil Imports Are Down 11% From Last Year | Business Insider
- Inside The Tiny Prison Cell That Held Nelson Mandela For Nearly 20 Years | Business Insider