Covered Call Picks (ONTY,AMRN,RIMM,CTIC,ZNGA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ONTY||Oncothyreon Inc||4.13||5||1.1||25.40%||January 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||2.1||17.20%||January 2013|
|RIMM||Research In Motion Ltd||11.9||12||1.2||9.80%||January 2013|
|CTIC||Cell Therapeutics Inc||1.36||1.5||0.1||9.60%||January 2013|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.49||2.5||0.2||9.60%||January 2013|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $4.13. Its 52 week range is between $3.35 and $9.23.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Research In Motion Ltd (RIMM) is currently trading at $11.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $17.96.
Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC) is currently trading at $1.36. Its 52 week range is between $1.14 and $8.25.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.48. Its 52 week range is between $2.09 and $15.91.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After "Pause That Refreshes" 'Investors' Panic-Buy Stocks Back To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Plunges To Post-Brexit Lows | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Announces European Referendum Tour | ZeroHedge
- Is Gold Set To Hit $1,500 Per Ounce? | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- I Failed at 1,001 Things. Here’s What Happened Next: | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- A white police officer in Austin threw a black woman to the ground... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- In 5 years of studying millionaires, I learned one huge factor... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 9 business ideas you can implement for under $1,... | Business Insider