Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- License To Steal: Italy’s Highest Court Rules “Theft Not A Crime If Hungry” | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Images Of Ramadi Show The Devastating Impact Of War | ZeroHedge
- EU Plans $290K Per Person Fine For Countries Refusing "Fair Share" Of Refugees; Angry Response Ensues | ZeroHedge
- How A Collapse In South America Could Trigger Martial Law In The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Slide As Dollar Continues Rising: Has The "Pricing In" Of Trump Begun | ZeroHedge
- Migrant Rape Epidemic Reaches Austria | ZeroHedge
- Larry Lindsey Warns "Nothing Will Change Until The System Collapses Under Its Own Weight" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a staggering amount of bonds investors own for almost nothing in return (TLT,... | Business Insider
- These 9 charts explain the global slowdown and why central banks are... | Business Insider
- Brooks Brothers introduced a more expensive version of its best-known shirt, and fans... | Business Insider
- What a Clinton and Trump presidency would mean for... | Business Insider
- Katie Couric is looking to jump ship from Yahoo (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Video shows the incredible scale of the US military’s... | Business Insider
- The 11 most incredible cars we rode with at the 3,000-mile celebrity rally Gumball 3000... | Business Insider