Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PIMCO-ToTaL LiQuiDaTioN SaLe! | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Inflation Drops To Fresh 5 Year Low, EURUSD Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Explains Why The "Scottish Referendum Gives Reasons To Be Hopeful" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Misses As New Orders & Production Slump | ZeroHedge
- UMBReLLa ReVoLuTioN... | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Drop In August (After Record Surge In New Home Sales) | ZeroHedge
- Is the Stock Market Running on Borrowed Time? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Michigan Coach Explains Why Dazed Quarterback Was Allowed To Keep Playing, Says He... | Business Insider
- The British Are Spending $20 Billion On Illegal Drugs And Prostitutes | Business Insider
- This Is What CNBC Looks Like In China When... | Business Insider
- Michigan Coach Leaves Dazed Quarterback In The Game When He Can Barely Stand Up, Appalls... | Business Insider
- Buried In Too Much Student Debt? Here's One Potential Solution | Business Insider
- Chinese athletes set to shine at Asian Games | Business Insider
- Mexico probes disappearance of 57 students | Business Insider