Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Ferguson Is The Flash-Point In The Cycle Of War" | ZeroHedge
- THe PeTRo DoLLaR... | ZeroHedge
- NATO Releases Satellite Imagery "Proof" That Russia Has Invaded Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- An Interview With Ambrose Evans-Pritchard | ZeroHedge
- China Industrial Commodities Collapse As Sentiment Tumbles To 15-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Housing Echo-Bubble Is Popping | ZeroHedge
- What The Next Gold Confiscation Will Look Like | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 8/27: (LIVE) (... | StreetInsider.com
- Leopard Serena roars on as Ivanovic stunned at US Open | Business Insider
- Why Bank of America, Citi, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo Still Face Hurdles | TheStreet.com
- Carl Icahn Stands Up To The Ice Bucket Challenge And Disses His Banker At The... | Business Insider
- US judge rejects Apple bid to ban Samsung smartphones | Business Insider
- USC Football Player Quits Team, Calls Coach A Racist In Instagram Post | Business Insider
- The UK's Conservative Government Just Suffered An Embarrassing... | Business Insider