Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Investors Are Terrified Of An EM Debt Crisis, But Are Bullish Because They Think Everyone Else Is Too | ZeroHedge
- The Fukushima Wasteland: "Terrifying" Drone Footage Of Japan's Abandoned Nuclear Exclusion Zone | ZeroHedge
- Thousands Of Angry Unpaid Chinese Workers Protest Shocking Bankruptcy Of Major Telecom Supplier | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be Blood – Part IV | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Difference | ZeroHedge
- Glencore Production Cuts Backfire After World's Second Largest Miner Vows To Fill The Glencore Void | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Preview - Third Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell | Business Insider
- The iPhone 6S has the best front-facing camera I've ever used... | Business Insider
- Old gift to Dartmouth College leads to a new... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- That New York twang: Nashville calls on Big Apple schools... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Turkish peace rally bomb toll rises to 97 | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton was ‘blindsided’ by the ‘cancer’ that has engulfed her campaign... | Business Insider