Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Manhattan Apartment Prices Soar To Record On Billionaire Bid | ZeroHedge
- Is Saudi Arabia Leaving The U.S. Behind For Russia? | ZeroHedge
- Eurogroup's Dijsselbloem Says "No Grounds For Further Talks", Will "Wait For Outcome Of Referendum" | ZeroHedge
- Trading Stocks - It's Easier Than Farmwork... And Porn | ZeroHedge
- Fed Whisperer Hilsenrath Hints: Despite Jobs Miss, Yellen Will Hike In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- CHOKING ON MY OWN BLACK SMOKE | iBankCoin.com
- Desperate Greeks Resort To Scavenging Through Garbage To Find Food | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pollsters: Here's why Republicans shouldn't worry about Donald Trump's surge | Business Insider
- Starbucks is making a major push in France | Business Insider
- Greek pro-bailout 'Yes' vote in referendum ahead:... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, FB, TWTR, MSFT, HPQ) | Business Insider
- The violence in 'Arkham Knight' isn't very graphic, but it almost... | Business Insider
- Prince pulls music from most online streaming services | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is quickly becoming the GOP establishment's worst nightmare | Business Insider