Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Why I Will Not Submit To Medical Martial Law" | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Slides Below $81 | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Surprises Market With Supply Cut Announcement, Oil Jumps | ZeroHedge
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
- EXCLUSIVE: Was Ebola Accidentally Released from a Bioweapons Lab In West Africa? | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palestinian behind Jerusalem car attack dies of... | Business Insider
- You Can't Understand Just How Big The Tesco Disaster Is Until You See How It Once... | Business Insider
- US Stock Futures Fall After Ebola Case Confirmed In New York City (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT... | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The Guys LeBron James Played With In Cleveland The First Time... | Business Insider
- The NBA's Plan To Stop Tanking Fell Apart At The Last Minute | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Bankrupt Apple Sapphire Supplier Is Getting Out Of The... | Business Insider