Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Do You Invest In The 'New Normal'? | ZeroHedge
- California Attorney General Launches Criminal Probe Into Wells Fargo Over Fake Accounts | ZeroHedge
- The Missing "Oh Shit" Link Revealed: Hillary Admits "I Asked That They Be Deleted" | ZeroHedge
- The Public Pension Time Bomb Is Starting to Explode | Financial Sense
- WTI Surges Above $51 After Unexpected Crude Inventory Draw | ZeroHedge
- White House Denies Obama Is Friends With Democratic Operative Who Met President 47 Times And Admitted To Voter Fraud | ZeroHedge
- US Futures, Global Stocks Mixed After Lackluster Chinese Economic Data; Oil Rises Over $51 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Quite possibly the cruelest thing Trump said at the debate last night | Business Insider
- Aleppo is experiencing a 'Humanitarian pause' | Business Insider
- Here’s what happens when interest rates go negative | Business Insider
- This new car from Volvo's Chinese parent company has its own app... | Business Insider
- This is the most practical carry-on bag you'll ever use | Business Insider
- Supreme leader of Iran weighs in on US election ahead of final debate | Business Insider
- Mexicans had a big debate party in Mexico City last night | Business Insider