Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Disturbing Video Footage Shows Moment Of Deadly London Attack | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- How I Became More Comfortable With Public Speaking | Altucher Confidential
- Thursday Humor: Medicare Part G? | ZeroHedge
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
- Credibility Of Cyber Firm That Claimed Russia Hacked The DNC Comes Under Serious Question | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much money Wall Street banks have made advising on deals so far this year | Business Insider
- Shaquille O'Neal recants his stance on the Earth being... | Business Insider
- A legendary Silicon Valley designer is selling his wacky 6-in-1 home for $... | Business Insider
- How French tire company Michelin became... | Business Insider
- 9 books everyone should read before they turn 30 | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Dunkin' Donuts is killing the Coffee Coolatta | Business Insider