Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pizzaflation and the US Dollar collapse | ZeroHedge
- Capping Oil Prices…at Highest Production Levels in History! | Financial Sense
- Cheat Sheet: The Third Party Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- Cash Funding Shortage Soars To Highest Since Financial Crisis In Repo | ZeroHedge
- The Day Donald Trump Flunked Econ 101 | ZeroHedge
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- US Equities: Weak Fundamental Support | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Renault just revealed a stunning electric supercar concept — here's everything we know about it | Business Insider
- 5 proven tactics to read body language | Business Insider
- REPORT: Obama administration has failed to follow certain aspects of Obamacare law | Business Insider
- A cybersecurity firm is telling two very different stories of the Yahoo hack to news organizations... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- 10 proven tactics for reading people's body language | Business Insider
- The miniature Nintendo that Japan's getting is way cooler than the US... | Business Insider