Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Expect Higher Treasury Yields in Second Half | Financial Sense
- CIA Admits Spying On Senate Computers | ZeroHedge
- Might as Well Happen on a Summer Friday… | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Exit a Blue Pill? | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 31 | ZeroHedge
- FLASH: STOCKS CRASH THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS | iBankCoin.com
- The Drought Goes From Bad To Catastrophic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GARY SHILLING: In This Risk-On Environment, Here Are 9 Investments I Like | Business Insider
- There Is Only One End-Credit Scene After 'Guardians Of The Galaxy... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- A Look At The IDF's Instagram Feed Admist The Worst Israeli-Palestinian Violence In Years | Business Insider
- A Joke German Political Party Has Won 2... | Business Insider
- These Guys Raised $7 Million To Create A Calendar App That Thinks For You | Business Insider