Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Durable Goods Orders Crash Most In 2 Years - Longest Non-Recessionary Streak Of Declines In US History | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Rebound To Highest Since 2008 As Median Home Price Rises Back Over $300,000 | ZeroHedge
- "This One Is Very Surprising" - US Luxury Rental Market Turmoiling As EQR Cuts Guidance For 3rd Time | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- DNC Day 2: Raucous Roll-Call & Bubba Speaks - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Half The Population Of America And Canada Uses Facebook At Least Once A Day | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks, Futures Continue Rise On Apple, Japan Stimulus; Yellen On Deck | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider
- 11 things Elon Musk just revealed about Tesla's plans for the... | Business Insider
- The hyper-acquisitive tech giant SoftBank has made a big hire from Goldman Sachs | Business Insider
- Billionaire investor Steve Cohen has a new mantra, and this is the guy... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Here's how Twitter explained its struggles after a sad earnings report (TWTR) | Business Insider
- There's one major part about gun violence in Chicago that doesn't get... | Business Insider