Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Crispin Odey, And His $12.4 Billion In AUM, Thinks Are The 6 Risks Underpriced By The Market | ZeroHedge
- Jeffrey Saut Makes Long-Term Bullish Case for US Stocks | Financial Sense
- David Stockman: Woodrow Wilson's War & Why The Entire 20th Century Was A Mistake | ZeroHedge
- With Syriza Leading By 7 Points, Greek Incumbents Fear-Monger Looming "Toilet-Paper-Run" | ZeroHedge
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
- Spot The Difference: Money Printing, Then And Now | ZeroHedge
- On Money and Society: An Exclusive Interview With Steve Baker MP | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Crucial New Career Advice From LinkedIn's Billionaire Founder Reid Hoffman... | Business Insider
- We Had A Surprisingly Fun Conversation With Oracle CEO Mark Hurd. This Is What He... | Business Insider
- The World's High Rollers Are Abandoning Macau — Here's... | Business Insider
- An Economist Explains In Simple Terms Why Deflation Is Dangerous | Business Insider
- Anti-austerity Syriza wins historic Greek election... | Business Insider
- 32 Jaw-Dropping Photos From the 2015 Dakar Rally | Business Insider
- Japan condemns 'outrageous' hostage murder | Business Insider