Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is How ISIS Is Building An Airforce | ZeroHedge
- Iraq and Syria Follow Lebanon’s Precedent | Financial Sense
- And The Best Performing Asset In August Was... | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- Inflation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rick Perry's Account Deleted An Incendiary Tweet Mocking The DA At The... | Business Insider
- 11 Icons Of American Pop Culture Who Are Actually Canadian | Business Insider
- Dutch Heineken to sell Mexican package business for $1.2bn... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Serena, Pennetta set-up US Open quarter-final clash | Business Insider