Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Where The Housing "Recovery" Is, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Slams "Mule Of The Jews" Obama, Demands Killing Of "Disbelievers" Especially "Filthy French" | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Blasts Congress 'More War' Vote, "They Come Over Here, Because We Are Over There" | ZeroHedge
- The PetroYuan Cometh: China Docks Navy Destroyer In Iran's Strait Of Hormuz Port | ZeroHedge
- Gauging the Height of the Bounce | iBankCoin.com
- Companies' Stock Buybacks at Biggest Pace Since 2007 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Encouraging Climate Action: Try Jam Today | Business Insider
- Cramer on the Biggest IPO of All Time: Alibaba Is the Real Deal | TheStreet.com
- Volkswagen's Bold And Risky New Plan To Take On Audi | Business Insider
- LIVE: Tom Keene Interviews Jack Bogle And Cliff Asness At... | Business Insider
- Report: Apple's New MacBook Air Will Be 'Noticeably Thinner... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- A List Of Products Larry Page Has Google Working On Other Than Search, Such As Spoons (GOOG)... | Business Insider