Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Gold We Trust, 2016 Edition | ZeroHedge
- After Brexit, A Trump Path To Victory | ZeroHedge
- Kremlin: Brexit Is Like Soviet Breakup | ZeroHedge
- UK Labour Party Leader Corbyn Loses Vote Of No Confidence | ZeroHedge
- General Market Observations 6-28-2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: When Central Planning Fails | ZeroHedge
- "Brexit" - What Goldman Thinks Will Happen Next, And Who Will Hold The Next Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- Brexit has claimed another... | Business Insider
- America's shrinking middle class is killing the economy | Business Insider
- These photos show why no one shops at Kmart anymore | Business Insider
- Google wants permission to track you more so that it can show you better ads (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- 'Top Gear USA' was just killed by the History Channel | Business Insider
- Eric Schmidt says AI doomsday scenarios ‘worth... | Business Insider