Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Houston, We Have A "Fracking" Problem | ZeroHedge
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- Moving to a Different State May Significantly Improve Your Retirement Goals | Financial Sense
- "The Economic Outlook Keeps Getting Better And Better" Says Fed President Who Last Week Unveiled QE4 | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Heavier to Start Week | Financial Sense
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- Why Chinese Growth Forecasts Just Crashed To A Paltry 3.9% - And Are Going Even Lower - In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 Key Elements Will Make The 'Internet Of Things' A Massive Market | Business Insider
- The Best 'Cheap Eats' In San Francisco | Business Insider
- China's Q3 GDP growth falls to five-year low at 7... | Business Insider
- Spanish Nurse Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider
- The US Just Resupplied Kurdish Forces Fighting ISIS In Kobani | Business Insider
- Apple reports $8.5 bn profit, revenue jumps to $42.1 bn | Business Insider
- The Most Famous Movie Set In Every State | Business Insider