Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buying the Story Behind the Story | Altucher Confidential
- Trump Decides He Won't Debate Bernie, Says "Inappropriate To Debate Second Place Finisher" | ZeroHedge
- China Warns The World: America Is The "Greatest Threat To Peace & Stability" | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Global Equities Hanging By a Thread | Financial Sense
- "We’re Moving To Tackle Systemic Risk" - India Cracks Down On HFT Scourge | ZeroHedge
- Losing Ground In Flyover America, Part 2 | ZeroHedge
- Forget Chinese Commodity Speculators, Meet North America's "Moms-and-Millennials" Oil Day-Traders | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TRUMP: It would be 'inappropriate' to debate Bernie right now | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John says 3 things set billionaires... | Business Insider
- This 'straddling bus' could be the... | Business Insider
- The millionaire founder of Nasty Gal uses a simple mind... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg should put his money where his mouth is and throw Peter Thiel... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The 12 members of the 1896 Dow Jones Industrial Average (GE) | Business Insider