Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Front Running Pathetically Stupid Hedge Fund Managers | iBankCoin.com
- China October Gold Imports Surge To Second Highest Ever | ZeroHedge
- Why The Fed Won’t Taper In December | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Gold: A Chance for a Bottom | Financial Sense
- The Kress Cycle and the Fate of the Middle Class | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher | TheStreet.com
- Here Are A Bunch Of Bad Design Choices Apple Made In iOS 7 | Business Insider
- Can Plug Power (PLUG) Sustain its Gains Through Friday? | TheStreet.com
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek