Covered Call Picks (CLSN,MBI,GMCR,MCP,AGO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $7.86.
MBIA Inc (MBI) is currently trading at $8.56. Its 52 week range is between $6.78 and $13.5.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $28.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.47. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO) is currently trading at $13.9. Its 52 week range is between $9.22 and $19.04.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- Fannie Introduces "Innovative Solutions" Allowing Student-Debt-Laden Millennials To Buy A Home | ZeroHedge
- JPM Cuts Q1 GDP Forecast To Just 0.3% | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan: "Trump's Tax Plan Will Be Virtually Impossible To Pass Through Congress" | ZeroHedge
- Massive Explosion Reported Near Damascus International Airport Following Israeli Airstrikes | ZeroHedge
- NBC News Writes "What Should You Do In Case Of Nuclear Attack?" | ZeroHedge
- Sudden Death For Greek Widows' Pensions: New Criteria, Cuts To Push 1000s More Into Poverty | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Senator Graham: Trump won't let North Korea build... | Business Insider
- An Uber employee committed suicide, and his widow is... | Business Insider
- John Kasich: The one campaign promise Republicans 'ought not to fulfill' is on... | Business Insider
- THE MICROPAYMENTS REPORT: Problems and solutions for low-value payments | Business Insider
- The European parliament wants to regulate... | Business Insider
- The 33 most expensive tasting menus on the planet, ranked | Business Insider
- Some Tesla employees claim the company is illegally... | Business Insider