Covered Call Picks (DVAX,CSCO,FB,NFLX,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DVAX||Dynavax Technologies Corp||4.74||5||0.5||10.50%||November 2012|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||16.9||17||0.5||2.80%||November 2012|
|FB||Facebook Inc||19.9||20||0.6||2.80%||November 2012|
|NFLX||Netflix Inc||79.6||80||1.8||2.30%||November 2012|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||24.4||24.5||0.5||2.20%||November 2012|
Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX) is currently trading at $4.74. Its 52 week range is between $2.67 and $5.34.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $16.85. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.3.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $19.86. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $79.61. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $24.4. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $51.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Has The Globalist Establishment Defeated The Populist-Nationalist Revolt? | ZeroHedge
- Government Shutdown Averted For 7 Days: Senate Passes Stopgap Spending Bill | ZeroHedge
- Will Trump Release The Missing JFK Files? | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Alert: Stocks Are Trading Based on Accounting Gimmicks and Fraud, Not Growth | ZeroHedge
- Le Pen Names Nationalist As Prime Minister In Last Minute Bid To Boost Votes | ZeroHedge
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
- 100 Days Of Trump: A Nation Divided | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top ISIS leader suspected to be dead after battle that killed two US soldiers in Afghanistan | Business Insider
- Some pre-European debt crisis signs are popping up again | Business Insider
- The market's reaction to Donald Trump's... | Business Insider
- Trump personally blames Obama for Michael Flynn's security clearance... | Business Insider
- The Murdochs are said to be looking for a woman to run... | Business Insider
- A startup CEO explains why he doesn't mind people laughing at his ideas | Business Insider
- Experts: North Korean nukes can defeat even the world's... | Business Insider