Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Is Spiking – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Buyer's Remorse? Axel Merk Warns "The Fed Doesn't Have A Clue!" | ZeroHedge
- Race To Bottom Enters Final Lap: ECB Will Cut To -0.7% In June, JPM Predicts | ZeroHedge
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
- World Equity Market "Wealth" Crashes $6 Trillion Below 2007 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 9 | ZeroHedge
- Economics Professor: Negative Interest Rates Aimed at Driving Small Banks Out of Business and Eliminating Cash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marco Rubio keeps repeating himself — he did it again... | Business Insider
- 7 amazing tree houses you can rent on Airbnb | Business Insider
- The insane Sherp ATV is a Russian-made machine with 4 huge tires that can also swim | Business Insider
- CIA director: The Middle East is the worst it's been in 50 years... | Business Insider
- Here's why working class voters are flocking to Trump and Sanders | Business Insider
- Facebook is testing a revolutionary internet service (FB) | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison, Lorne Michaels, and other 'superbosses... | Business Insider