Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Bounce, Bonds Bid, But Gold Soars To Best Year Since 1980 | ZeroHedge
- Rotten To The Core | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Film - Juncker "Disappears" Farage | ZeroHedge
- Driver In Fatal Self-Driving Tesla Crash Had Recently Posted Video Praising Car's Autopilot | ZeroHedge
- Silver Surges 20% In Dollars and 28% In Sterling In June | ZeroHedge
- ObamaScare Looms - Health Insurers Are Looking For A Taxpayer Bailout | ZeroHedge
- The Silent Puerto Rican Debt Default | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what popular dog breeds looked like before and after 100 years of breeding... | Business Insider
- Google launches two new APIs to improve app... | Business Insider
- I've decided Ramen noodles offer the perfect test for whether your business... | Business Insider
- Chipotle responds to cocaine charges against senior executive | Business Insider
- The Bank of Mexico shocked... | Business Insider
- 5 reasons the US should adopt Sweden's shorter workdays | Business Insider
- Adam Scott gave a brutal explanation for why he's skipping the Rio Olympics | Business Insider