Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Americans - The New Second-Class Citizens | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Surges To 2016 Highs On Rising Chinese Demand; Decouples From Gold | ZeroHedge
- Daiwa: "Round Two Of China Capital Outflows Is About To Begin" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Bets Surge At Bookies Despite Cable Strength | ZeroHedge
- Plunging Personal Income Tax Revenues Slam State Budgets In April | ZeroHedge
- The Ebb and Flow of Inventories | Financial Sense
- Strong 7 Year Auction, Near-Record Indirect Bidders Concludes Weekly Issuance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SpaceX is about to launch it's 25th rocket into space — here's why that... | Business Insider
- Netflix and Univision are releasing what looks like a... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' is having its highest-rated season — here's how many... | Business Insider
- HILLARY: Donald Trump is an 'urgent threat to our rights' | Business Insider
- Samsung is building a smart cities network in South Korea | Business Insider
- 'They stood out right away': The story behind those controversial photos of US... | Business Insider
- 7 undercover inmates spent 2 months in jail — here are the most outrageous things they... | Business Insider