Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- The Consequences of Imposing Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- The Iran Nuclear Talks (In 1 Lonely Photo) | ZeroHedge
- Your Role In The World Explained (In 1 Simple Sketch) | ZeroHedge
- Still Lower Prices Ahead For Oil? | Financial Sense
- Why Tony Robbins Is Asking The Wrong Questions | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Africa's Armies Are Going On A Spending Spree | Business Insider
- Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills around 50 | Business Insider
- Former NBC Employee Corroborates Some Of The Cosby Allegations | Business Insider
- German finance minister wants EU to have budget veto... | Business Insider
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I' Has The Biggest... | Business Insider
- US police shoot dead boy, 12, holding toy gun | Business Insider
- 24 More Incredible Images You Won't Believe Were Found On Google Street View | Business Insider