Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why There Is No Wage Growth In America | ZeroHedge
- Greece Prepares To Leave | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Will Cash Always Be Trash, Or Will It One Day Be King? | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Drops For 2nd Month In A Row, First Time Since Oct 2013 | ZeroHedge
- AIIB, SDRs, and the Yuan – Latest Developments | Financial Sense
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Slack's security breach may be worse than it's letting... | Business Insider
- This man built an $18 billion Silicon Valley company —... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Stunning drone video captures the beauty of Canada's oil province | Business Insider
- A juror explains why there was a surprise miscount during... | Business Insider
- Abenomics is back to square zero as Japanese inflation disappears | Business Insider