Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AEGR,ALXA,SRPT,GMCR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||5.43||5.5||1.6||28.50%||November 2012|
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||2.3||16.50%||November 2012|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.63||6||0.8||14.20%||November 2012|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||32.9||33||3.9||11.90%||November 2012|
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||22.5||23||2.5||11.10%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $5.43. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.55.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $13.97. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $5.63. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $14.8.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $32.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $22.53. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $96.77.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- House Passes Stopgap Spending Bill Averting Government Shutdown; Senate Next | ZeroHedge
- What Trump’s Next 100 Days Will Look Like | Financial Sense
- The Rise Of The Generals | ZeroHedge
- Has The Globalist Establishment Defeated The Populist-Nationalist Revolt? | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Alert: Stocks Are Trading Based on Accounting Gimmicks and Fraud, Not Growth | ZeroHedge
- Portland Rose Parade Cancelled Amid Violent Threats From Anti-Fa: "You've Seen How Much Power We Have... Police Can't Stop Us" | ZeroHedge
- Naysayer Reality Check: Waymo’s Self-Driving Taxi Debuts in Phoenix, for Free | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- David Einhorn is wrong about the Tesla bubble (TSLA) | Business Insider
- I learned how to mime from a pro — it... | Business Insider
- This ingenious illustration reveals how much space we give to cars | Business Insider
- Here's how much the Chicago Bears paid to move up and draft... | Business Insider
- Millennials owe a record amount of debt, and it could become a huge drag on... | Business Insider
- Trump’s 'voodoo economics' takes aim at... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek