Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: April 17 | ZeroHedge
- Clash Of The Wealth Redistributing Titans: Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Is Saudi Arabia Setting The World Up For Major Oil Price Spike? | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things: Retail Sales, Real Unemployment, Optimism | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: "Will Washington Kill Us All?" | ZeroHedge
- Yanis Varoufakis Speaks On "The Greek Economy And Its Global Partners" - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Bulls Trying to Hold On | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millions of users of dating site Match.com are at risk of having their... | Business Insider
- Here's how a 19-year-old undocumented immigrant bypassed... | Business Insider
- Marseille suffer new setback | Business Insider
- How Steve Jobs became the greatest businessman the world has ever known (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Thousands march at Auschwitz in memory of Holocaust dead | Business Insider
- The 'Batman V Superman' trailer hints at a major villain | Business Insider
- Democratic rival attacks Hillary Clinton for shifting... | Business Insider