Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Freeze Is Finished" - Why Did Saudi Arabia Kill OPEC? | ZeroHedge
- "Did We Go To War?" Terrified Indiana Residents Woken By Unannounced Military Exercise | ZeroHedge
- Ryan Folds? - Republican Speaker Ready To Endorse Trump | ZeroHedge
- Add It Up... And It Doesn't Add Up | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Officials Crackdown On FX Market As Currency Peg Starts To Strain | ZeroHedge
- A June Fed Funds Rate Hike Risks a September Economic Stall | Financial Sense
- “Only Money Outside Of the Matrix" Will Survive ... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The secret weapon $16 billion startup WeWork plans to use to change how you work | Business Insider
- 12 things you're doing that make people dislike you... | Business Insider
- Mercedes' at-home battery could have one key advantage over Tesla... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- 2 French and Italian companies will help... | Business Insider
- The new Ford GT supercar has some very expensive carbon-fiber wheels | Business Insider
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The Fed is probably screwed (DIA, SPX, SPY,... | Business Insider