Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Has A Big Problem With "Everyday Americans" | ZeroHedge
- THE SUM OF ALL FEARS | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Gundlach: Gold To $1,400 As Faith In Central Banks Is Lost | ZeroHedge
- "Someone" Desperately Intervened to Save Stocks Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Central Bank Failure Looks Like (Part 3) | ZeroHedge
- Euro PIIGS Starting To Squeal Again | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A dark-horse candidate is surging to a strong finish in New Hampshire | Business Insider
- Marco Rubio is starting to go after Donald Trump | Business Insider
- Video surfaces showing Iran-backed militia driving... | Business Insider
- Facebook wants advertisers to get a lot better at... | Business Insider
- New Ted Cruz ad savages Donald Trump as a 'sleaze' | Business Insider
- This could be one of the best ways to fight... | Business Insider
- Here's how to pre-order a Tesla Model 3 | Business Insider