Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pentagon Warns Increase In Terrorism Due To Global Warming | ZeroHedge
- Last Sunday’s Analysis of the Biotechnology Sector At-Large | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Talk Shifts to Higher Rates | Financial Sense
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- President Obama Explains How He Will Blow The Student Loan Bubble Even Bigger - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Emerging Market Banking Crises Are Next | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan's Biggest Concern Is That Bitcoin Will Succeed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mobile Video Ad Views See Triple-Digit Growth... | Business Insider
- LeBron James Hates The NBA's Short-Sleeve Jerseys | Business Insider
- Hidden Camera Captures Debate Over Costco's Future | TheStreet.com
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- THE SCARIEST JOBS CHART EVER | Business Insider
- GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016 | Business Insider
- This Chart Shows That When Facebook Changed How The News Feed Works... | Business Insider