Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cable Tumbles As Scottish Parliament Votes For 2nd Independence Referendum | ZeroHedge
- RBC Emergency Market Update: "Big Trouble For Consensus Trades" | ZeroHedge
- What Obamacare’s Failure Means for America | Financial Sense
- A Change in the Wind | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion Coin Worth $4 Million, Stolen in Berlin Museum Heist | ZeroHedge
- White House On Lockdown As Secret Service Investigate "Suspicious Package" | ZeroHedge
- The Next Clash Emerges: Trump-Ryan Deeply Divided Over Tax 'Cuts' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump is allowing 'blacklisted' federal contractors a second chance to work | Business Insider
- Tomi Lahren has reportedly been barred on permanent basis from her network after coming... | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about the next 'Pirates of the Caribbean... | Business Insider
- These are the key names that keep coming up in the Trump-Russia investigation | Business Insider
- Congress just voted to allow your internet provider to sell your online history and data — here... | Business Insider
- Trump is tapping Chris Christie to tackle the opioid epidemic — here's a... | Business Insider
- The 'Walking Dead' villain has a warped definition of rape in the zombie apocalypse... | Business Insider