Covered Call Picks (AEGR,VRNG,AMRN,STSI,VHC)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AEGR||Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc||14.9||15||3||20.20%||October 2012|
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||4.3||4.5||0.7||15.10%||October 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.8||12||0.8||6.80%||October 2012|
|STSI||Star Scientific Inc||3.23||3.5||0.2||6.20%||October 2012|
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||26.9||27||1.4||5.20%||October 2012|
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $14.88. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $4.3. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.81. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Star Scientific Inc (STSI) is currently trading at $3.23. Its 52 week range is between $2 and $5.05.
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $26.86. Its 52 week range is between $11.5 and $41.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fumbling Towards Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Swedish Mainstream Media Is "Hiding The Full Picture": Trump Is Right About Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- Infographic: Bullion Banking Mechanics | ZeroHedge
- Gold The "Ultimate Insurance Policy" as "Grave Concerns About Euro" - Greenspan | ZeroHedge
- "Privacy Experts" Blast John Kelly Proposal For Immigrants To Turn Over Social Media Passwords | ZeroHedge
- Putin Gold Buying Is Back – Buys One Million Ounces In January | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Finds That 80% Of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Republicans are struggling to get their act together on Obamacare... | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL 2016 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabian King Salman to visit... | Business Insider
- BMW-backed car rental startup raises $10 million in Series A round | Business Insider
- Amazon strikes back at Walmart's free 2-day shipping... | Business Insider
- BROKER: 1 in 5 Canadian homeowners commits mortgage fraud | Business Insider
- WHITE HOUSE: Russia-Ukraine 'peace plan' controversy is an '... | Business Insider