Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Exposing The "Fake News" Censorship Industry | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey Warns "Every American Needs To Be Concerned Right Now" | ZeroHedge
- Irish Bookie Takes Bets On Trump's Inauguration Skin Tone; "Burnt Orange" Is A Long Shot At 12/1 | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Global War On Cash | ZeroHedge
- An Alternative Perspective On Today's "Women's March" | ZeroHedge
- 2017—Shades of 1937 | Financial Sense
- Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hedge funds are making 'extreme' bets on the impact of Trump | Business Insider
- Tinder's sociologist reveals an easy way to get more... | Business Insider
- Theresa May believes Trump recognises the importance of NATO... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Morgan Stanley and Citi have decided which jobs will be moved out of... | Business Insider
- Ken Griffin's $26 billion firm has made a hire from... | Business Insider
- At least 16 dead after bus carrying Hungarian teenagers crashes in Italy... | Business Insider