Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Steel Crashes After Slashing Guidance By More Than 50% | ZeroHedge
- WTI/RBOB Jump On Largest Crude Draw In 2017 Offset By Major Product Build, Rising Production | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Canada's Housing Bubble Explodes As Its Biggest Mortgage Lender Crashes Most In History | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- French Bond Investors Skeptical That Election Risk Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The company behind Ivanka Trump's clothing brand allegedly pays workers about... | Business Insider
- China urges withdrawal of powerful US missile defense... | Business Insider
- What happens when your foot falls asleep | Business Insider
- T-Mobile added more than 1 million subscribers last quarter... | Business Insider
- 8 minor changes that will make your work and life more enjoyable | Business Insider
- Inside the insanely lavish Airbnb homes Drake and Lady Gaga stayed in for Coachella | Business Insider
- The Internet of Everything — $12.6... | Business Insider