Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama's "Deeply Disappointed" Half-Brother Will Vote Trump Because "He Speaks From The Heart" | ZeroHedge
- DeBoRaH WaSSeRMaN SCHuLTZ... | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 25 | ZeroHedge
- Peak Oil 'Demand' & The Duelling Narratives Of Energy Inventories | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Democrats In Turmoil: DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz Resigns After Wikileaks Revelations | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former New York Mayor Bloomberg to endorse Hillary Clinton | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about 'Doctor Strange' — Marvel's next big superhero... | Business Insider
- We talked with Terry Crews about why he's... | Business Insider
- Here are the star traders trying to become the hedge fund honchos of tomorrow | Business Insider
- 6 effective leadership styles we can learn from 'Star Trek' | Business Insider
- Consumers value... | Business Insider
- Stunning photos give a totally unexpected perspective into how the 1% parties | Business Insider