Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Speech Excerpts Leaked: Few Details, Promises Of "Historic" Tax Reform, "Massive" Tax Cuts | ZeroHedge
- 6 Things That Will Happen If Our Power Grid Goes Down | ZeroHedge
- The Greek "Bank Jog" Is Back: Bank Deposits Tumble To Lowest Since 2001 | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- German Inflation Jumps 2.2%, Surpassing ECB Target And Highest Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Curve Collapses To Pre-Trump Flats, Banks Don't Care | ZeroHedge
- Russia, UAE Sign Breakthrough Military Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Markets could be disappointed by the missing... | Business Insider
- Snap has enough demand to push its IPO valuation as high... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- I retired at 34, and here are the 7 best pieces of advice I... | Business Insider
- Unilever celebrates the asparagus season with a... | Business Insider
- Experts warn the FBI put itself in a 'box' with the Clinton... | Business Insider
- Here are the latest plans for Google's crazy new campus (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider