Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New York City Has The Most Homeless Children Since The Great Depression | ZeroHedge
- Prisoner’s Dilemma Game in Greece | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - Part 1: The Reaping | ZeroHedge
- The US Government Will Soon Be The Biggest Credit Company Anywhere | iBankCoin.com
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- South Carolina Is About To Pass A Bill To Nullify Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Softball Coming Up | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Every Norwegian Book Ever Will Soon Be Free To Read Online | Business Insider
- Yahoo Says It Expects All Emails To Be Delivered By Tomorrow Afternoon Following Four Days Of... | Business Insider
- Snapchat Just Landed Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton As An Investor,... | Business Insider
- MasterCard Has More Room to Run in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- Nancy Pelosi Tells Democrats To 'Embrace The Suck' | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- 7 Innovation Myths Holding You Back | Business Insider