Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Aug 28, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Deep State (And The Rise Of The Unspeakable) | ZeroHedge
- A Typical Pattern Shows We’re Headed for Recession | Financial Sense
- The Number One Factor Influencing Fed Monetary Policy | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand by 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We visited the burger chain that's embroiled in a 'David and Goliath scenario' with... | Business Insider
- Britain's most celebrated statesman was a huge party monster and racked up an absurd... | Business Insider
- This revolutionary device lets you enjoy a glass of your best bottle of wine... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- How to battle at gyms and win in 'Pokémon Go' | Business Insider
- Beyonce may give a surprise performance at MTV... | Business Insider
- Merkel: EU nations must not to refuse Muslim migrants | Business Insider