Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steve "Debt-Is-Good" Liesman Meets Barack "Hope-Is-Better" Obama - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Banco Espirito Santo CEO, Who Quit Last Month, Detained In Money Laundering Probe | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. and Russia Are Gas Giants | Financial Sense
- Useful Idiots and the Something For Nothing Society - Part 1 of 3 | ZeroHedge
- Final Hour Analysis from Chess on Northern European Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- First Syrian Rebels, Now Hamas: Qatar Once Again Emerges As "Mystery" US-Backed Sponsor Of War | ZeroHedge
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Power Words That Will Make Any Resume Stand Out | Business Insider
- The West Bank Erupts In Palestinian-Declared 'Day Of Rage' | Business Insider
- 17 Apps Every Modern Gentleman Should Have On His Phone | Business Insider
- 13 Mindblowing Facts About Texas | Business Insider
- 11 Crucial Lessons Everyone Learns In Business School | Business Insider
- Visa Profit Beats Expectations, But Stock Falls (V) | Business Insider
- 14 Of The Coolest Video Game Easter Eggs In The World | Business Insider