Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump Distant Cousins? | ZeroHedge
- Mario Draghi's Panic Button, Birthday Presser - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Lira Plunges To Record Lows As Turkish Minister Addresses G20 | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Warships Came Within 12 Miles Of U.S. Coast | ZeroHedge
- AVOID THE SAVAGE AT ALL COSTS | iBankCoin.com
- Zero Appetite For Risk | iBankCoin.com
- Charting The Rise Of Bernie (And Demise Of Republicans) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the trailer for the BBC's upcoming drama about '... | Business Insider
- US judge overturns NFL star Tom Brady's '... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- There's been no correlation between China's economic... | Business Insider
- India's top 'sexpert' still telling it straight at... | Business Insider
- Blackberry spends $425 million in cash to... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek