Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Record Jobs For Old Workers; Everyone Else - Better Luck Next Month | ZeroHedge
- Seth Klarman On "Born Bulls", Bitcoin, & "The Truman Show" Market | ZeroHedge
- Whether It’s the Weather? | Financial Sense
- Greek President Raises "War Reparations" With Germany | ZeroHedge
- 50% Profit Growth and Historical Realities | Financial Sense
- Late Night Strategy for Friday | iBankCoin.com
- Gold Price Drops 3/4 of “Ukraine Crisis” Jump as Russia Moves to Ease Tensions | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Home Goods Online Retailer Wayfair Tripled Its Revenue In... | Business Insider
- Joel McHale Spoofs How No One Can Understand What They're Saying On... | Business Insider
- An Exotic, Giant Virus Was Thawed From The Russian Tundra | Business Insider
- Privacy Groups Want To Block Facebook/WhatsApp Deal | Business Insider
- 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell in March | TheStreet.com
- Is It Ever Justifiable To Execute A Man With An IQ Of 71? | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart Completely Dismantles Putin's Lies About Russian Troops In Ukraine | Business Insider