Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- RBOB Tumbles After Lower Than Expected Gasoline Draw | ZeroHedge
- "Trickle Down" Has Failed; Wealth And Income Have "Trickled Up" To The Top .5% | ZeroHedge
- ‘Most Secure Coin In World’ ? | ZeroHedge
- FBI Arrests State Department Employee For Spying For China | ZeroHedge
- Are Markets Overlooking A Clear & Present Danger? | ZeroHedge
- Strong markets struggling at breakout levels of late | ZeroHedge
- Matt Drudge: "Rand Paul Is America's Best Senator" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump is tweeting from an iPhone now (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A financial adviser explains... | Business Insider
- Paul Ryan is worried Trump will ditch the GOP to work with Democrats on... | Business Insider
- 'We share a strong mutual admiration': Rand Paul praises Matt Drudge after... | Business Insider
- The only thing 'Mass Effect Andromeda' does really well is make... | Business Insider
- Traders are betting against another company to capitalize on Sears... | Business Insider
- A 22-year old NASA rocket... | Business Insider