Covered Call Picks (VRNG,AMRN,ZNGA,ISIS,GRPN)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VRNG||Vringo Inc||3.19||3.5||0.8||25.10%||November 2012|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||12||12||1.8||15.00%||November 2012|
|ZNGA||Zynga Inc||2.84||3||0.3||10.20%||November 2012|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||14||15||1.4||10.00%||November 2012|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||4.7||5||0.5||9.60%||November 2012|
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.19. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.99. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Zynga Inc (ZNGA) is currently trading at $2.84. Its 52 week range is between $2.66 and $15.91.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $14.04. Its 52 week range is between $6.25 and $15.61.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $4.7. Its 52 week range is between $4 and $31.14.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Auditor Deloitte Fined A Record $8 Million For Massive Fraud | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Reserves Tumble By $69 Billion, Biggest Drop Since January | ZeroHedge
- Michigan Republicans File Emergency Motion To Halt Recount As Another Major Snag Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Boeing Responds To Trump | ZeroHedge
- Gold Suffers Sharp Decline as Oil Jumps | Financial Sense
- Google Searches For "Conservative Outreach Manager" After Failing To Elect Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Carrier & The Slippery Slope | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Repeated exposure to disinformation leads people to... | Business Insider
- Don't use Q-tips — here’s how you should be cleaning your ears | Business Insider
- Google's new WiFi routers are cheaper than other systems, but not as good (GOOG)... | Business Insider
- Facebook is poised to siphon TV ad budgets (FB) | Business Insider
- Foursquare's CEO shares his favorite restaurant and why he thinks travel is so... | Business Insider
- Only one ship is still officially looking for MH370 | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL 2016 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider