Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Colorado "Hamilton Electors" Sue To Block Trump, Void Vote Mandate | ZeroHedge
- White Anger: Fed Helped Elect Trump; Tale of Two Job Markets | Financial Sense
- Trump Taps Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt As EPA Head | ZeroHedge
- The Recount Continues... | ZeroHedge
- Michigan Republicans File Emergency Motion To Halt Recount As Another Major Snag Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Core Durable Goods Orders Contract For 22nd Straight Month - Longest Non-Recessionary Streak In US History | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Reserves Tumble By $69 Billion, Biggest Drop Since January | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jake Tapper refuses to let Mike Pence off the hook during intense questioning on... | Business Insider
- 7 of the best wallets to give and get for under $100 right now | Business Insider
- NATO chief on EU military ties: 'We have a momentum now... | Business Insider
- The Minnesota Timberwolves — the NBA's most promising young team — are... | Business Insider
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- SCHWARZMAN: Donald Trump is going to change the 'architecture of the... | Business Insider
- North Korean experts explain what Kim Jong Un wants | Business Insider