Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 50 Years Of Washington’s Air Wars: Why They Always Fail | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap September 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Presenting The Two-Tier Market: Mapping Europe's Microwave Tower Network | ZeroHedge
- Gateway Policies: ISIS, Obama And US Financial Boots-On-The-Ground | ZeroHedge
- Clarke and Dawe on Quantitative Easing | iBankCoin.com
- Albert Edwards Presents "The Most Important Chart For Investors" | ZeroHedge
- Gauging the Height of the Bounce | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Here's What A New Software Update Means For Your... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap: Apple... | StreetInsider.com
- Why Did Google Support ALEC, A Giant... | Business Insider
- How The iPhone 6's Camera Compares To The Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s, And Moto X (... | Business Insider
- Facebook Billionaire Sheryl Sandberg Is Now A Comic Book Star | Business Insider