Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Surges 3.2% To $1,241/oz As Deutsche Bank And Other Stocks Fall Sharply | ZeroHedge
- Americans' "Deflationary Mindset" Has Never Been Stronger | ZeroHedge
- Market Analysis - Keep Your Cool (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Bears Briefly Rescued After Massive Short Squeeze Collapses Yields | ZeroHedge
- Amid Low Oil Prices, OPEC's Divisions Deepen | Financial Sense
- Trump Was Right: Immigration Declines Sharply Since Start Of Deportation Raids | ZeroHedge
- Selling Pressure Wanes But Credit Markets Still Troubling | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the company that's helping employees at... | Business Insider
- Incredible drone footage of sheep herders in New Zealand | Business Insider
- How to trick your brain into being productive when you... | Business Insider
- I volunteered to fight in Syria … and ended up in a... | Business Insider
- The guy who predicted the 10-year would fall to 1.50% now thinks it's going... | Business Insider
- Shake Shack's millionaire founder Danny Meyer says he'll only... | Business Insider
- Here's what publishers are doing to keep up with... | Business Insider