Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yahoo Still on the Ball | iBankCoin.com
- CIA Warned Obama that Funding Rebels Doesn’t Work … But Obama Decided to Fund Syrian Rebels ANYWAY For Cynical Political Gain | ZeroHedge
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
- End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not | Financial Sense
- How Can You Have a Recovery Without Jobs Creators? | ZeroHedge
- "It's Not Abenomics, It's The Weather" Japanese Econ Minister Admits Growth Is Weak | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Canada parliament locked down after soldier shot | Business Insider
- Cuba sends more doctors to Ebola-hit west Africa | Business Insider
- Marc Andreessen Slams Paul Krugman's Attack On Amazon | Business Insider
- The US Won't See Another Solar Eclipse Like This Week's Until 2023 | Business Insider
- Zagat Reveals The Best Restaurants In New York City For 2015 | Business Insider
- STOCKS ARE SURGING — DOW UP 185, NASDAQ UP 2% (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, KO, MCD, CMG) | Business Insider
- An Activist Hedge Fund Manager Thinks This $100 Billion Biotech Company Could Be Worth 80... | Business Insider