Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If The Public Shouldn't Have Them, Why Does The IRS Need AR-15s? | ZeroHedge
- Why China Is Arming Its Fishing Fleet | Financial Sense
- A Veteran Trader Explains "The Essence Of Mayhem-Day Survival" | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Fed Funds Rate Says Sell US Equities | Financial Sense
- BAML Admits Wrongdoing, Agrees To Pay $415 Million For "Misusing Customer Cash To Generate Profits" | ZeroHedge
- When Fearmongering Fails | ZeroHedge
- The $555 Trillion Derivatives Debt Implosion Is About to Begin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McAuley own goal sends Wales into Euro 2016 last eight | Business Insider
- This simple coffee maker is one of the most versatile on the market | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Top Clinton adviser: Trump's post-Brexit news conference proof he'... | Business Insider
- I tried the high-end fashion service that lets you rent $5,000+ dresses —... | Business Insider
- HAASS: Brexit is a 'warning' for Hillary Clinton | Business Insider
- 7 behaviors to give up if you want to be happier | Business Insider