Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Where Does The U.S. Get Its Oil? | ZeroHedge
- The Manufacturing Recession That Won't Go Away: Factory Orders Rebound From 5 Year Lows, Decline For 17 Months | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 4, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Don't Forget, I'm The King Of Debt, I Love Debt" - Trump Chimes In On Puerto Rico | ZeroHedge
- They're Bringing Back Feudalism... And Nobody Seems To Notice | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd Car Maker Out | ZeroHedge
- "Extremely Dangerous" IED Found Under Bridge In Texas | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The MINI John Cooper Works is one scary... | Business Insider
- Here are the best beaches in the UK | Business Insider
- 10 details you might have missed in ‘Game of Thrones' so far this... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs is firing traders again | Business Insider
- China is going to carry out more military drills in the... | Business Insider
- 'You have to love thy neighbor': Mexico's former president... | Business Insider
- Why the billionaire founder of Sam Adams still flies coach and has... | Business Insider