Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- So Who's Pumping Up This "New Normal" Housing Market? | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of The Oscars | ZeroHedge
- Trump Speech Post-Mortem - From Rebellion To Pouting Pelosi: "We Bleed The Same Blood" | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Leaders Prepare for Crisis | Financial Sense
- RBOB Slides After Surprise Gasoline Inventory Build; New Record Glut In Crude | ZeroHedge
- BOA: Investors Are Dumping Stocks | Financial Sense
- Here's One 'Alternative'; But It's Extremely Unpopular | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Saudi Arabia wants oil prices to rise... | Business Insider
- Global food demand and climate change may be a recipe for disaster | Business Insider
- 'Our job is to present the truth': Trump's... | Business Insider
- Kevin Durant's injury is going to expose the biggest question mark about... | Business Insider
- A writing coach explains how to properly use... | Business Insider
- 'We have done all we can to fix them': LuLaRoe admits leggings are... | Business Insider
- An active entrepreneur shares 3... | Business Insider