Covered Call Picks (GRPN,VRNG,AMRN,NAV,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||11.3||12||1.6||14.10%||Sep-12|
|NAV||Navistar International Corp||25.2||26||2.7||10.50%||Sep-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||21.4||22||1.7||7.80%||Sep-12|
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $6.93. Its 52 week range is between $6.35 and $31.14.
Vringo Inc (VRNG) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is between $0.68 and $5.45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $11.34. Its 52 week range is between $5.99 and $15.96.
Navistar International Corp (NAV) is currently trading at $25.17. Its 52 week range is $20.07 and $48.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $21.41. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $107.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deflationary Fears Are Spreading Globally | Financial Sense
- Gold Is the Money of Kings, Debt the Money of Slaves | Financial Sense
- U.S. Dominates Globe in Biofuel Production | Financial Sense
- Saudi King Warns ISIS "Will Reach Europe In One Month, US In Two" | ZeroHedge
- Ex-NSA Director, US Intelligence Veterans Write Open Letter To Merkel To Avoid All-Out Ukraine War | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY (And Nikkei) Surge Higher as Japanese Car Sales Collapse To 3-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Putin urges Europeans to have 'common sense... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- CHART: This Is How People Use Mobile Payments | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Nude Photos Of Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Ariana Grande Leak In Massive Hack | Business Insider