Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Coming To An Inner-City Uprising Near You: The "Ultimate Riot Control Truck" Of The Future | ZeroHedge
- Did Erdogan Just Hand Rutte The Dutch Election? | ZeroHedge
- Europe Unveils New Gun Laws: "Like Putting A Band-Aid On A Bullet Wound" | ZeroHedge
- "We've Reached Our Limits" - Greece Begins Blocking Refugees | ZeroHedge
- Elon Musk Launches Company To Hook Up People To Computers | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Say You Haven't Been Warned" | ZeroHedge
- On The Edge Of An "Uncontrollable Liquidity Event": The Definitive Guide To China's Financial System | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by... | Business Insider
- 4 maps that explain why North America will flourish as Eurasia falls | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- An increasing number of Americans have stopped paying their car loans, and Wall Street is starting to worry | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- A man to be executed in Arkansas next month is making a... | Business Insider