Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: June Industrial Production Rebounds | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Picks Tim Kaine For Vice President | ZeroHedge
- Awkward? | ZeroHedge
- An Upside Down World | Financial Sense
- Dead Unicorn Bounce? Theranos Hires "Compliance" Execs Following CEO's 2-Year Ban | ZeroHedge
- The Fuel That May Halt The Electric Car Revolution | Financial Sense
- Mystery Over Munich Shooter's Motive: David Ali Sonboly Had "No Connection To ISIS", Obssessed With Mass Shootings | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NBA is moving the All-Star game from Charlotte over North Carolina... | Business Insider
- HBO's 'Looking' star says playing a gay character has been '... | Business Insider
- Tech investors are betting big on alternate realities | Business Insider
- Here’s what Goldman Sachs looks for in a résumé | Business Insider
- It's now cheaper to take an Uber than the New York City subway | Business Insider
- An Australian airline hosts free in-flight wine tastings for everyone | Business Insider
- 'Mr. Robot' has taken over Comic-Con | Business Insider