Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Disrupt Or Be Disrupted | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Tells Euro Shorts To "Make His Day", Again | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Pump'n'Dump After RRR Cut, Retrace Friday's Crash | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn Is "Adding More Shorts", Has A Question For Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- King Dollar Hurting Earnings! | Financial Sense
- "Too Many Zeros": China's Stock Bubble Proves Too Much For Computers | ZeroHedge
- The History of 4/20 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 800 dead after Sunday's Mediterranean migrant... | Business Insider
- This trippy thriller sees a Hollywood actor meeting a dark drifter in the Mojave... | Business Insider
- How this 25-year-old made $66,000 in a month teaching an online course | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- One of Google's April Fools' Day pranks... | Business Insider
- Tuchel to succeed Klopp as Dortmund coach - club | Business Insider
- 90% of male VCs assume female tech CEOs are the chick... | Business Insider