Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Art Market Bubble Bursting - Gauguin Collapses 74% To $22 Million | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 28 | ZeroHedge
- RBOB Slides After Surprise Gasoline Inventory Build; New Record Glut In Crude | ZeroHedge
- Target Plunges 12% After Missing Lowest EPS Estimate, Slashing Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Soft Data Economic Reports Are Meaningless (Video) | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Hacking Spree: Is Blockchain the Solution? | Financial Sense
- NY Teamsters Pension Becomes First To Run Out Of Money As Expert Warns "Pension Tsunami" Is Coming | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A top Russian official says relations... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett's employees have the chance to win $... | Business Insider
- FOCUS GROUP: Trump exceeds expectations during joint address before Congress | Business Insider
- JPMORGAN: Expenses are going up in 2017 (JPM) | Business Insider
- Consumer Reports names Tesla the top American car brand (TSLA) | Business Insider
- A woman who interviewed 200 couples found most of them describe their... | Business Insider
- J.J. Abrams thinks Mark Hamill deserves an Oscar for his work in 'Star Wars:... | Business Insider