Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After Brexit, A Trump Path To Victory | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Quiz: Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton – Who Said It? | Financial Sense
- Doug Casey Debunks The Common Excuses for "Staying" In One Country | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
- The End Game Of Bubble Finance - Political Revolt | ZeroHedge
- August 15th - The Date Which Will Live In Monetary Infamy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We asked and you answered — here are 33 of the worst pieces of career... | Business Insider
- Meet the 30 top Vine stars in the world | Business Insider
- Why punching a shark in the nose is not your best defense | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Researchers just found a huge underground helium pool in Africa | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia's oil reserves could be the answer to higher oil prices... | Business Insider
- 21 ways to have a stylish and organized workspace | Business Insider