Covered Call Picks (FSLR,URI,MS,GRPN,SPPI)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||15||15||1.7||11.00%||Jul-12|
|URI||United Rentals Inc||32.3||33||2.6||8.00%||Jul-12|
|SPPI||Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.7||12||0.8||6.40%||Jul-12|
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $14.95. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $142.22.
United Rentals Inc (URI) is currently trading at $32.3. Its 52 week range is between $12.81 and $47.98.
Morgan Stanley (MS) is currently trading at $13.93. Its 52 week range is between $11.58 and $24.46.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $9.95. Its 52 week range is $8.8 and $31.14.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc (SPPI) is currently trading at $11.72. Its 52 week range is between $6.94 and $16.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Not A Devaluation If The Ministry Of Truth Says So: China's "Style Council" Takes On Currency Trading | ZeroHedge
- No Weakness Here : 7 Year Auction Stops Through, Highest Bid To Cover Since November | ZeroHedge
- How Trump Continues To Lead In The Polls | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When A Company, Or An Economy, Can’t Squeeze Any More Juice Out Of The Lemon | ZeroHedge
- VIX Backwardation Continues - It's Not Over Yet | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- California Droughtrage - LA County Supervisors Have Cars Washed 3 Times A Week | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Arbour's success with 1 team _ Isles _ stands out to... | Business Insider
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic... | Business Insider
- Crude oil is exploding higher (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- There's a new free 'Pac-Man' game for your phone and it's incredibly... | Business Insider
- THE VIRTUAL REALITY CONTENT REPORT: Why... | Business Insider
- Obama expects better US-Israel ties after Iran deal in... | Business Insider
- They hacked her pancreas, and found love along the way | Business Insider