Covered Call Picks (CALL,WLT,VRTX,CRUS,BKS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
magicJack Vocaltec Ltd (CALL) is currently trading at $14.99. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $28.22.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $47.28. Its 52 week range is between $44.91 and $132.38.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) is currently trading at $56.77. Its 52 week range is between $26.5 and $66.1.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.88. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $29.5.
Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS) is currently trading at $15.42. Its 52 week range is between $9.35 and $26.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Last Sunday’s Analysis of the Biotechnology Sector At-Large | iBankCoin.com
- The Next Shoe To Drop On Your Retirement Account | ZeroHedge
- House Passes $1 Billion Ukraine Loan Guarantee, Gazprom Sends Thanks | ZeroHedge
- Bacon, Inflation, And "What Gets Measured Gets Managed" | ZeroHedge
- Can the Rally in Global Commodities Be Sustained? | Financial Sense
- The Photo That Reveals Why US and EU Bankers Despise Russia's Putin So Much | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Call It A Comeback | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Chart You Should See: Fannie and Freddie | TheStreet.com
- Could a Smartwatch Be Apple, Intel's Next Big Flop? | TheStreet.com
- The First-Class Seats On Qatar Airways' New A380 Jet Look Amazing | Business Insider
- This App Will Help You Figure Out How Your Coffee Addiction Is Affecting Your Sleep | Business Insider
- Satoshi Nakamoto DENIES Being Bitcoin Founder [REPORT] | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 03/06... | StreetInsider.com
- One Chart That Shows How Much Nike Dominates The NBA | Business Insider