Covered Call Picks (CALL,WLT,VRTX,CRUS,BKS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
magicJack Vocaltec Ltd (CALL) is currently trading at $14.99. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $28.22.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $47.28. Its 52 week range is between $44.91 and $132.38.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) is currently trading at $56.77. Its 52 week range is between $26.5 and $66.1.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.88. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $29.5.
Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS) is currently trading at $15.42. Its 52 week range is between $9.35 and $26.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
- Want To Boost Market Liquidity? Just Let It Rain... No Really | ZeroHedge
- October Comex Gold "Deliveries" | ZeroHedge
- "Prepare For More Volatility As Yield 'Hunger Games' Comes To An End" | ZeroHedge
- Oil’s Biggest Threat: Demand to Peak Within 15 Years | Financial Sense
- Statistician Warns Americans To "Ignore The Capricious Polls" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Wants To Monitor "Rigged" US Presidential Elections | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Group accused of Kansas bomb plot were reportedly turned... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- The US is ahead of Europe in blockchain innovation | Business Insider
- Nintendo's new console won't support your old games | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- The Syrian government has opened a corridor for rebels... | Business Insider
- 2 simple shopping tricks the wealthy use to save money | Business Insider