Covered Call Picks (CALL,WLT,VRTX,CRUS,BKS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
magicJack Vocaltec Ltd (CALL) is currently trading at $14.99. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $28.22.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $47.28. Its 52 week range is between $44.91 and $132.38.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) is currently trading at $56.77. Its 52 week range is between $26.5 and $66.1.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.88. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $29.5.
Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS) is currently trading at $15.42. Its 52 week range is between $9.35 and $26.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Breaking: The Ackman-Allergan Deal Isn’t Front Running–Not Even a Little Bit | iBankCoin.com
- Richmond Fed Rebounds But Wages Tumble To 12-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- McDonalds Misses Revenue, Earnings Estimates: Blames Weather | ZeroHedge
- Lint Rolling My Pants | iBankCoin.com
- AUDIBLE: NEW HORSEMAN ADDED | iBankCoin.com
- Big Four Economic Indicators See Strong Advance | Financial Sense
- The Middle Class In Canada Is Now Doing Better Than The Middle Class In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The First Thing Every Bond Investor Needs To Consider | Business Insider
- Brooklyn Borough President Has A Basketball Proposition... | Business Insider
- 11 Awesome Starbucks Menu Items You Can't Get In America | Business Insider
- BIDEN: Russia Is Making 'Humiliating Threats' To Ukraine | Business Insider
- A Small Creek Connects The Atlantic And Pacific Oceans | Business Insider
- There's A 'Warby Parker Of Mattresses' That's Shipping... | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman Has An Herbalife Whistleblower On His Payroll | Business Insider