Covered Call Picks (CALL,WLT,VRTX,CRUS,BKS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
magicJack Vocaltec Ltd (CALL) is currently trading at $14.99. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $28.22.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $47.28. Its 52 week range is between $44.91 and $132.38.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) is currently trading at $56.77. Its 52 week range is between $26.5 and $66.1.
Cirrus Logic Inc (CRUS) is currently trading at $27.88. Its 52 week range is $12.52 and $29.5.
Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS) is currently trading at $15.42. Its 52 week range is between $9.35 and $26.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An Angry Paul Volcker Responds To Accusations He Caused The Bond Liquidity Crunch | ZeroHedge
- ISIS "Ally" Turkey Seeks NATO Support As Two-Front "War" Escalates | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Reason Why Facebook Is Sliding After Hours, Dragging Nasdaq Futures Lower | ZeroHedge
- The Real Story Behind Turkey's US-Backed "War On Terror" | ZeroHedge
- VIX "Flash-Crashes" To 11 Handle After Dovish Fed Statement | ZeroHedge
- Pause, Reload, Then Shoot | iBankCoin.com
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Al Qaeda in Syria already kidnapped... | Business Insider
- Boehner wants to end the US oil export ban | Business Insider
- The former 'Kremlin banker' describes how Putin's mind works | Business Insider
- 'Housing Bubble 2' has bloomed into full magnificence | Business Insider
- GE may be shipping $10 billion worth of work overseas | Business Insider
- The 29-year-old hacker who was able to take control over GM... | Business Insider
- A Texas businessman used 'Find... | Business Insider