Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Police Gas Student Protesters In Quebec | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Americans Spent All Their "Gas Savings" On Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Drops For 2nd Month In A Row, First Time Since Oct 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Explaining US Stock And Bond Markets In 5 Easy Charts | ZeroHedge
- Experimenting in the Orient Again | iBankCoin.com
- Yemen "Gulf Intervention" Premium Erased, WTI Tumbles Back Below $49 | ZeroHedge
- "Serious Depressive Episode" May Have Driven Germanwings Pilot To "Criminal, Mad, Suicidal" Action, Prosecutors Allege | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Android One's early sales... | Business Insider
- The truth about how often you should wash your hair, according to science | Business Insider
- A huge gamer convention that threatened to withdraw from Indiana over its 'anti-... | Business Insider
- An anonymous administration... | Business Insider
- Unboxing: The new Cheez-It Crunch'd Cheese Puffs | Business Insider
- Iran talks reach fever pitch amid calls for compromise | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton deleted everything on her email server | Business Insider