Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s Not Just Spying – How The NSA Has Turned Into A Giant Profit Center For Corrupt Insiders | ZeroHedge
- French Unemployed Hits Record High, Hollande Demands EU Budget "Must Be Adapted" | ZeroHedge
- Market Liquidity Is Back Near Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Why Advertising Revenue At CNBC Parent Comcast Declined By 5% | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Back-Rank Checkmate Potential | iBankCoin.com
- Biotechs Still a Haunted House for Bears | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary Clinton Blasts Wall Street | Business Insider
- SODASTREAM EXPLODES (SODA, PEP) | Business Insider
- Giants' Hudson hungry for baseball World Series start | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- First Ebola case hits New York: report | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- 'John Wick' Is Keanu Reeves' Best Movie Since 'The Matrix' | Business Insider