Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- The Ebola Triumverate | iBankCoin.com
- A "No Social Media List" For Extremists And Potential Terrorists? | ZeroHedge
- Some Sins Are Unforgivable | iBankCoin.com
- Multiple Hammers | iBankCoin.com
- Goodbye POMO: Normalcy Returns On October 28 | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath Asks "Does Ben Bernanke Deserve A Nobel Prize?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- iPhone 5C 'Defied Convention' In... | Business Insider
- The Most Important Changes Coming To Windows In The Next Version (MSFT) | Business Insider
- First case of Ebola diagnosed in US: health officials | Business Insider
- Blasts in Syria's Homs kill 18, most children: state... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- With Purchase of Move, News Corp. Puts Focus on the Internet | TheStreet.com
- The German Publishers Who Are 'Afraid Of Google' Just Got Exactly What... | Business Insider