Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan's "Over 65" Rise To Record 33 Million, More Than Double Number Of Children | ZeroHedge
- Core Inflation Jumps Most Since October Due To Rent, Healthcare Costs | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Aircraft Erudition | ZeroHedge
- "More Than Half Of All Global Government Bonds Are Yielding 1% Or Less" | ZeroHedge
- Which Companies Paid The Most Income Tax In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Well That's Never Happened Before - Exhibit 1 | ZeroHedge
- China Sees Largest Capital Outflow In Three Years Amid Currency Conundrum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's very little drama left in the Premier League with 6 games to... | Business Insider
- Michael Jordan's 'Jumpman' logo may soon be on NBA uniforms | Business Insider
- There is a secret menu at Chipotle — here's what to order | Business Insider
- How our diets have changed in the last 22 years | Business Insider
- The Warriors refused to trade Klay Thompson and gave him $69 million instead, and it was a genius... | Business Insider
- Armenians to mark 'genocide' centenary as... | Business Insider
- Thousands march in Europe against US-EU free trade pact | Business Insider