Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Bans Websites From Original Reporting | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Verizon To Acquire Yahoo Core Assets For $4.8 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Loonie Hits 4-Month Lows As Oil Sinks | ZeroHedge
- Foreign Central Banks Flee From Ugly, Tailing 2Y Treasury Auction, Lowest Bid To Cover Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- "Champagne Supernova" - IceCap Asks What Happens When The Bond Bubble Finally Pops | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage Continues: WTI Hits $42 Handle On Inventories, Dollar | ZeroHedge
- IMF's 'Competitiveness Drive' Leaves 127,000 Greeks Earnings Under $110 Per Month | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This toy makes us think the Joker may be dressing up as Batman in 'Suicide Squad... | Business Insider
- The 2 biggest details people always get wrong about 'Game of Thrones' | Business Insider
- Here's what Rio's 'uninhabitable' Olympic village looks... | Business Insider
- Check out the gorgeous amenities at New York City's tallest and most... | Business Insider
- A deal between a star NFL linebacker and a nutrition startup shows the future of athlete... | Business Insider
- Marissa Mayer blames 'gender-charged' reporting on the day Yahoo... | Business Insider
- THE BEACONS REPORT: Why the CPG category is poised to become... | Business Insider