Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I Bought the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- Greece "Uncontained" - European Bond Yields Are Soaring; Is Portugal Next? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 7 | ZeroHedge
- Market Recovers; China Clown-Raped | iBankCoin.com
- Monday Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- What Does Greece Have to do with Me? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Miss Universe fires back at Donald Trump after he called her a 'hypocrite... | Business Insider
- Starbucks is raising prices on most drinks | Business Insider
- This woman skyrocketed to music video stardom after Rihanna became obsessed with one of... | Business Insider
- Marks and Spencer's UK sales rise is not enough to keep the... | Business Insider
- Barclays: Grexit most likely to happen as Greece will run out... | Business Insider
- Instagram's latest update is going to make your... | Business Insider
- George Osborne was just dealt a blow ahead of Wednesday's budget | Business Insider