Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- St.Louis PD Release 'Suicide-By-Cop' Shooting Clip | ZeroHedge
- Housing Permits, Starts Surge Driven By Renewed Rental Housing Scramble | ZeroHedge
- The Ferguson Morning After: Police "Come Under Heavy Gunfire", Arrest 31 Including Photographer, Journalist | ZeroHedge
- Are You Looking to Go for a Pro? | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Bear Rattles Markets, But PPT Rides to the Rescue | Financial Sense
- What Do Stocks Know? | ZeroHedge
- Ignorance Is (Still) Bliss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- JetBlue Analysts Say 'Bring Us the Head of Dave Barger' | TheStreet.com
- Here's An Even Better Look At The iPhone 6's Reversible USB... | Business Insider
- Egypt Urges US Restraint Over Missouri Unrest | Business Insider
- Uber Hires The Guy Who Led Obama's 2008 Presidential Campaign To Victory | Business Insider
- A Local Services Startup Just Raised $100 Million From Google Capital... | Business Insider
- The World's Largest Apple Store Might Be Built Inside A... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek