Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bill Gross Goes Against His Insticts, Turns Bearish on Bond Markets | ZeroHedge
- US Government Quietly Cuts Historical Capex Data By Billions Of Dollars | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In China, Cow-Collateralized Stock Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Commander Killed In Falluja Airstrikes As A Familiar Face Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Predicts Yellen Will Be Dovish Today; Is "Quite Sure" Oil Prices Are Going Down Again | ZeroHedge
- Imminent Intervention? Greece, Italy, & Malta Close Airspace For Aircraft From Libya | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Says Rate Hikes Soon As Need More Ammo "In Case Of Shock" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oil is above $50 for the first time in nearly 7 months... | Business Insider
- Citi was fined $425 million for rate... | Business Insider
- 12 essentials every guy needs for summer | Business Insider
- The iPhone 7 might actually be THICKER than the iPhone 6 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Pentagon denies US special forces on 'front lines' in Syria | Business Insider
- Take a tour of the ultra-modern estate of late 'Simpsons' cocreator Sam... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek