Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canadian Economy 'Double-Dip' Crashes In Q2 - Worst GDP Growth In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- Female Police Officer Stabbed In Toulouse, France By Mentally Ill Muslim Man | ZeroHedge
- German Vice Chancellor Warns UK "Must Pay For Brexit" Or Europe Would Go "Down The Drain" | ZeroHedge
- With Japan's Unemployment Rate At 21 Year Lows, "A Hidden Problem" Is Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Gold Withdrawals From The NY Fed Accelerate, Hit 388 Tons Since 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Recent Surge In Inner-City Heroin Overdoses "Unlike Anything We've Seen Before" | ZeroHedge
- Food Deflation Driving "Least Profitable Year In 20 Years" As Farmers And Grocers Get Crushed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Louisiana authorities are searching for 3 escaped prisoners... | Business Insider
- Here's all the amazing food you can eat at the US Open this year | Business Insider
- Apple tells investors its $14B tax bill won't have any near-term impact (AAPL) | Business Insider
- You worry too much — here are 14 ways to worry less | Business Insider
- UK's oldest peer-to-peer lender has lost $12 million | Business Insider
- Apple sent invitations for the iPhone 7 event on September 7 | Business Insider
- BILL GROSS: The Fed has mastered 'the art of... | Business Insider