Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Moar Stuff | ZeroHedge
- Why Millennials Still Live at Home (It Isn’t Jobs, Student Debt, or Housing) | Financial Sense
- Crude Crashes Most In Over 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- A Feast of Data This Week | Financial Sense
- HAHAHAHA- YOU PEOPLE HAVE DONE LOST YOUR MINDS | iBankCoin.com
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- As It Turns Out Deflation Is Good After All | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How The Oil Crash Is Affecting Asian Countries | Business Insider
- The Best Black Friday Deals In Tech | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- The Highest-Paying Jobs At Apple [RANKED] (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Pele in 'special care' as condition worsens -... | Business Insider
- LSU Leads All Schools With The Most Players On NFL Rosters | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek