Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Bitcoinaires Take To The Streets | ZeroHedge
- Riots Break Out In Singapore; Think Your Country Is Immune? | ZeroHedge
- Here’s to Capitulation! | iBankCoin.com
- Why Japan May Matter More Than Tapering | Financial Sense
- Futures Fail To Levitate Overnight On Repeated Central-Planning Failures Around The Globe | ZeroHedge
- US Gets Involved In Another Foreign Conflict, Will Support French Troops In Central African Republic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's iBeacon Is Ready To Take Over The Retail Sector | Business Insider
- These 3 Botched Calls Have The NFL World Fuming At The Refs Today | Business Insider
- 19 Awesome Photos From The NFL's Epic Snow Day | Business Insider
- eBay CEO Slams Amazon's Delivery Drones As A 'Fantasy' | Business Insider
- 'Apple Has A Real Problem' – Supposedly,... | Business Insider
- Paris Created A Wonderful Etiquette Guide For Using Its Subway System | Business Insider
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE — Henry Blodget Presents 'The Future Of Digital: 2013'... | Business Insider