Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mind the Fade | iBankCoin.com
- Where Facebook's Second Quarter User Growth And Revenue Generation Was In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Initial Jobless Claims Plunge to Jan 2006 Lows, Government Warns Of "Seasonal Volatility" | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- Spot The Lone Objector | ZeroHedge
- Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What It's Like To Suffer Through A 90-Minute Commute From New Jersey Every... | Business Insider
- 5 Awesome Google Features You Didn't Know About | Business Insider
- There's A Real Billboard And Phone Number In New Mexico For AMC's... | Business Insider
- Delta Air Lines Posts Higher Profit on More International Flyers | TheStreet.com
- The Guy Who Asked People To Invest In His Mystery Product Finally... | Business Insider
- John Kerry Doesn't Care About The FAA Ban Either — He Just Landed In... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg Got A Little Snippy When Asked Why A ‘Payments... | Business Insider