Covered Call Picks (LNKD,WLT,LCC,NOK,VVUS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|WLT||Walter Energy Inc||51.4||52.5||2.4||4.70%||Jun-12|
|LCC||US Airways Group Inc||12.6||13||0.6||4.60%||Jun-12|
|NOK||Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A||2.95||3||0.1||4.40%||Jun-12|
LinkedIn Corp (LNKD) is currently trading at $99.94. Its 52 week range is between $55.98 and $120.63.
Walter Energy Inc (WLT) is currently trading at $51.4. Its 52 week range is between $47.42 and $132.38.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $12.62. Its 52 week range is between $3.96 and $12.4.
Nokia ADR representing one Ord Shs Series A (NOK) is currently trading at $2.95. Its 52 week range is $2.68 and $8.22.
Vivus Inc (VVUS) is currently trading at $24.89. Its 52 week range is between $6.13 and $26.75.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Long Crude Oil Speculative Bets Rise To All Time High | ZeroHedge
- US Won't Recognize Crimea Referendum Results (And 3 Awkward Questions For West's Liberals) | ZeroHedge
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- Globalists Gas Game Theory | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Dealing With Haters | Altucher Confidential
- Name That Chart | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chinese Market Gets Demolished | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIDER: The Firefox OS... | Business Insider
- The 'Internet Of Things' Will Be Bigger Than The Smartphone, Tablet... | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Offers 'SNL' Cast Sex Advice During Opening... | Business Insider
- 3 Strategies For Getting A Promotion When You Work From Home | Business Insider
- Ashton Kutcher And Top Investor Ben Horowitz Danced While... | Business Insider
- China's Fake Trade Distortion Is Behind Its Ugly Export Data (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider