Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Warning For Americans - Is Money The Root Of All Evil? | ZeroHedge
- Russia Proposes Confiscating US, European Assets If Sanctions Adopted | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Update: Pro-Moscow Leader Arrested In Donetsk, Russians Block Border Cross Points | ZeroHedge
- Anticipating Friday’s Employment Report | Financial Sense
- The Full List Of People Who Think Putin Is The New Hitler | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine’s Currency in Free Fall | Financial Sense
- How The Empire Might Strike Back | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART OF THE DAY: Happy Birthday, Bull Market! | Business Insider
- SATOSHI NAKAMOTO: I Never Heard Of Bitcoin Before Newsweek Contacted My Son 3 Week... | Business Insider
- A New Poll Has Some Bad News For NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio | Business Insider
- VIDEO INSIDER... | Business Insider
- Here's Why An Anchor Quit Russia's Propaganda Network Live On The Air | Business Insider
- Notable 52-... | StreetInsider.com
- Two Computer Scientists That Met At Stanford Are Conspiring Against LinkedIn | Business Insider