Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Beginning Of The End For Glencore, And How To Trade It | ZeroHedge
- Second Largest US Pension Fund To Sell 12% Of Stocks Holdings In Advance Of "Another Downturn" | ZeroHedge
- This Is What The Historic "Risk Parity" Blow Up Looked Like | ZeroHedge
- Heresy! China Won't Stick To IMF, World Bank Lending "Religion" With AIIB | ZeroHedge
- Peak Obedience | ZeroHedge
- Markets and Morality | Financial Sense
- This Is Not A Retest - It's A Live Bear! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stricken Fish reaches end of the road | Business Insider
- 1st of Tanzanian albino kids with missing limbs goes home... | Business Insider
- China pledges to cut 300,000 troops from its massive army | Business Insider
- Arrest warrant issued for Guatemala's president:... | Business Insider
- Facebook's growth may be slowing, but Americans are still obsessed with it (... | Business Insider
- Kentucky clerk gets help from GOP state Senate president | Business Insider
- The Pentagon is monitoring Chinese navy ships off the coast of Alaska... | Business Insider