Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crash Contagion: Second Chinese Billionaire Wiped Out In Seconds After Stock Instacrash | ZeroHedge
- Despite Weak Economic Data Overnight, Futures Slide On Rate Hike Concerns | ZeroHedge
- How The Media Deceive The Public About "Fast Track" And The "Trade Bills" | ZeroHedge
- Why The US Consumer Is About To be Crushed: The Obamacare Inflationary Deluge Arrives | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 20 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- 5 Things To Ponder: Everybody's Got One | ZeroHedge
- TPP: TRaNSPaReNCY IS FoR WiMPS... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE SMARTPHONE REPORT BY COUNTRY:... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Bank of Japan holds fire on stimulus after upbeat GDP... | Business Insider
- Apple is having issues with its iCloud service (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Far from Libya chaos, drivers battle it out in dunes | Business Insider
- Market Wrap... | StreetInsider.com
- This is why Criteo is one of the few... | Business Insider