Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NYC Mayor De Blasio Ebola Update "Under Control - No Cause For Alarm" - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Back To The Future Was Right: Hoverboards Are Just Around The Corner | ZeroHedge
- California – A Food Powerhouse In Peril | ZeroHedge
- The End Of QE3, Trouble Ahead For The Bulls? | ZeroHedge
- Back-Rank Checkmate Potential | iBankCoin.com
- Chart Of The Day: Jeff Bezos "Value Creation" Edition | ZeroHedge
- Putin Warns Of Risk Of Major Conflict, Says Dollar Losing Reserve Currency Status | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: 25 Banks Are About To Fail Europe's Biggest Ever... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- UN climate talks shuffle to a close in Bonn | Business Insider
- CVS Stores Reportedly Shut Down Apple Pay Support | Business Insider
- BoE Deputy Governor: Stop Blaming Central Bankers For Your Problems | Business Insider