Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
- The Latest Hedge Fund Casualty: Standard Pacific Capital Is Liquidating | ZeroHedge
- New ETFs Directory with Category Lists and Simple Search | FundMyMutualFund
- Paul Craig Roberts: There Is No Freedom Without Truth | ZeroHedge
- Bloodbathery | ZeroHedge
- Will Non-OPEC Oil Production Collapse In 2016? | ZeroHedge
- Market Breaks Just As S&P Turns Red: "ALL BATS" Routing Strategy Disabled, NYSE Announces "Technical Issue" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Serial' is posting season-one updates about Adnan Syed's... | Business Insider
- These are the tech gadgets you’ll want with you when you’re traveling... | Business Insider
- This jasmine green tea roll is a masterpiece served at a Korean bakery in NYC | Business Insider
- Gaming classic 'Doom' gets reborn with stunning graphics and... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders just had their first... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's poll numbers took a nosedive in the first national... | Business Insider
- If Aleppo falls, Putin could get the military prize... | Business Insider