Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Security Forces Put On Alert As Trump Set To Ban Laptops On Planes Originating From Europe | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Second-Quarter Forecast | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Are Now Printing $200 Billion Per Month... Without a Crisis | ZeroHedge
- "Throwing In The Towel" - US Stock Market Shorts Hit 10-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- The Passive Indexing Trap | ZeroHedge
- Feudalism And The "Algorithmic Economy" | ZeroHedge
- World Stocks Hit All Time High, S&P Futures Rise To Within 1% Of Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 things that make mosquitoes bite you more | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Arkansas executes 2 inmates on the same gurney, hours apart | Business Insider
- I tried out the subscription box that wants to make it easy for guys to dress up for work | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Billionaire hedge funder Howard Marks just listed his '... | Business Insider
- McDonald's crushes earnings expectations thanks to new Big Macs and all-day breakfast (... | Business Insider