Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank of America Clients Sell Stocks For The First Time Since The US Election | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Broker Ranking Published at StockBrokers.com | FundMyMutualFund
- The Trump Triumph Challenges Economic Predictions for 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 23 | ZeroHedge
- Liberal Ad Agency Drops Infowars, 1st Amendment Assault On Conservative Media Heating Up | ZeroHedge
- UBS Calls It: "The Global Credit Impulse Suddenly Collapsed To Negative" | ZeroHedge
- A Storm Is Brewing Over Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This startup turns your complaining tweets into big opportunities... | Business Insider
- A ‘Game of Thrones’ star has been cast as the lead in ABC... | Business Insider
- Trump's border tax plan will have serious side effects | Business Insider
- The easiest ways to prevent the eyestrain caused by staring at screens,... | Business Insider
- People keep storming GOP town hall meetings around the country | Business Insider
- Amazon strikes back at Walmart's free 2-day shipping... | Business Insider
- The Internet of Everything — $12.6... | Business Insider