Covered Call Picks (UNXL,ASTX,BBRY,TSLA,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|UNXL||UniPixel Inc||26||26||3.6||13.90%||July 2013|
|ASTX||Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc||5.48||5.5||0.6||10.90%||July 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||15||15||1.5||10.00%||July 2013|
|TSLA||Tesla Motors Inc||89.9||90||8.5||9.50%||July 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||54.9||55||5||9.00%||July 2013|
UniPixel Inc (UNXL) is currently trading at $25.95. Its 52 week range is between $5.27 and $41.42.
Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc (ASTX) is currently trading at $5.48. Its 52 week range is between $1.57 and $6.95.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $14.98. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) is currently trading at $89.94. Its 52 week range is between $25.52 and $97.12.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $52.69.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Boom and Bust | Financial Sense
- Dollar Comes Back Bid, but Still Vulnerable to Corrective Pressures | Financial Sense
- Colorado "Hamilton Electors" Sue To Block Trump, Void Vote Mandate | ZeroHedge
- China Newspapers Blast "Diplomatic Rookie" Trump For "Inability To Keep His Mouth Shut" | ZeroHedge
- The "Pizzagate" Arrest: Police Release Criminal Complaint Against Comet Restaurant Shooter | ZeroHedge
- American Greed - The Fix (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Denzel Washington Slams Mainstream Media For Peddling "Bullshit" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- You can learn a major key to career success from emergency directions... | Business Insider
- DOW HITS ALL-TIME HIGH: Here's what you need to know (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The 25 worst movies of 2016, according to critics | Business Insider
- 19 burning questions we have after the mind-boggling 'Westworld' season finale... | Business Insider
- Michael Moore torches Trump during CNN town hall | Business Insider
- New York Times public editor walks back comments about newspaper's journalists... | Business Insider
- Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Twitter are working together... | Business Insider