Covered Call Picks (LEAP,END,QIHU,IOC,FIO)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|LEAP||Leap Wireless International Inc||5.56||6||0.6||11.00%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||6.94||7.5||0.7||9.40%||Jun-12|
|QIHU||Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd||20.7||21||2||9.40%||Jun-12|
Leap Wireless International Inc (LEAP) is currently trading at $5.56. Its 52 week range is between $4.68 and $17.66.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $6.94. Its 52 week range is between $5.8 and $16.43.
Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd (QIHU) is currently trading at $20.72. Its 52 week range is between $13.71 and $29.9.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $56. Its 52 week range is $31.18 and $75.87.
Fusion-io Inc (FIO) is currently trading at $20.82. Its 52 week range is between $14.9 and $41.74.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- G-8 Signs Information Sharing Agreement To "Fight The Scourge Of Tax Evasion" | ZeroHedge
- Is Gold at a Turning Point? | Financial Sense
- Time to Consider the Scumbag Trade | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Thought On Fanboys | iBankCoin.com
- CHESS MOVES | iBankCoin.com
- NSA Director To Disclose Two Foiled Terrorist Plots To Diffuse PRISM-Gate Fallout - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Can the World Afford Higher Interest Rates? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 Things Everyone Thinks The iPhone Can Do That It Actually Can't | Business Insider
- A Convicted Child Molester Who Was Employed By... | Business Insider
- Stocks Move Higher as Fed Anticipation Mounts | TheStreet.com
- US Government Claims That '... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The Physics Of The Curve Ball | Business Insider
- Mother And Child Allegedly Held Captive In Ohio House For 2 Years, Threatened... | Business Insider