Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
- 2017: Year of Extremes | Financial Sense
- China Warns Trump "It Will Take Off The Gloves" If He Continues To Provoke Beijing | ZeroHedge
- Will Trump Save Deutsche Bank? | ZeroHedge
- Why Everyone Is Complacent: "2016 Saw The Fewest S&P 500 Drawdowns Ever" | ZeroHedge
- This Bloomberg Editorial Claims Experts Are Necessary for Government - We Disagree | ZeroHedge
- Trump Promises "Insurance For Everybody" In Obamacare Repeal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'A new life; an uncertain life': Everyday life starts... | Business Insider
- 'Comey acted in an outrageous way during the campaign': Bernie Sanders... | Business Insider
- Italy will be the next big problem in Europe | Business Insider
- Canada's baby boomers are working more than ever before | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Amazing insight into what US intelligence knew about Hitler in 1943 | Business Insider
- Watch the new Apple spot that people are comparing to... | Business Insider