Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- John Kerry Gives Russia An Ultimatum: Stop Bombing Aleppo Or All Cooperation Ends | ZeroHedge
- Cheat Sheet: The Third Party Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- "Freedom Has A Price" - Holland's Wilders Rages "Let's Lock The Door To Islam" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Reckons With a New Reality | Financial Sense
- A Conspiracy Theory About Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
- NAR Warns "Current Housing Recovery Could Stall" As Pending Home Sales Slump To 7-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Fed is dragging us to economic hell | Business Insider
- Here's why cash is king | Business Insider
- A career coach and former Googler breaks down the 4 steps to... | Business Insider
- $1.1 billion in Zika funding finally cleared a major hurdle | Business Insider
- This simple coffee maker is one of the most versatile on the market | Business Insider
- Obama's 2014 promise to deport 'felons, not... | Business Insider
- The EU greenlight ratification of the Paris climate agreement | Business Insider