Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pentagon Admits Russian Spy Ship Discovered Near US Submarine Base, Heading For Cuba | ZeroHedge
- Will Uncle Sam Confiscate Gold Again? | ZeroHedge
- Dow Dumps 600 Points From Last Friday's Panic-Buying Ramp, Drops 10% Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Just Cut Crude Selling Prices To The US, Europe And Asia | ZeroHedge
- US Economic Momentum Remains Positive | Financial Sense
- 4 Charts Show Why This Rally May Become A Rout! | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Erase Draghi "Moar QE" Gains As USDJPY Tumbles | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Open Lookahead: Venus Williams could use tips from... | Business Insider
- BASF, Gazprom go ahead with asset swap after all | Business Insider
- Donald Trump showers praise on 'total winner' Tom Brady after... | Business Insider
- Work to do for Michigan at quarterback, Utah feeling... | Business Insider
- Argentina: doors are open to welcome Syrian refugees | Business Insider
- NFL quarterback Brady's four-game ban quashed,... | Business Insider
- China pledges to cut 300,000 troops from its massive army | Business Insider