Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FOMC Decision, GREEK WEAKNESS, OIL WEAKNESS | ZeroHedge
- A Sublime Harmony of Mathematical Precision (SHOMP) | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed - Lucky or Smart? | Financial Sense
- Norway Regulator Fears Housing Bubble "Isn't Sustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Greece’s Fight Against “Fiscal Waterboarding” Will Halt Economic Recovery | Financial Sense
- Cyber Attacks Growing In Frequency – Entire Western Financial System Is Vulnerable | ZeroHedge
- Another Ex-Central Planner Speaks Up: Currency War Policy "Risks Major Downward Shock To Asset Prices" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shell announces profit fall on sliding oil prices | Business Insider
- The 3D-Printer Industry Is Taking Shape, With Big... | Business Insider
- Announcing A Major Upgrade To Business Insider's iPhone App | Business Insider
- What Jim Cramer Is Trading: American Express, SunTrust and Unilever | TheStreet.com
- DELAYED: Hillary Clinton Keeps Pushing Back Her Plan... | Business Insider
- Heavyweights collide in blockbuster Asian Cup final | Business Insider
- Witness Says He Made $60,000 A Month... | Business Insider