Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After Brexit, Ron Paul Asks "Can We Exit A Few Things Too?" | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- The Rise Of An Investing Legend: Mikael Syding | ZeroHedge
- Dr. Keith Barron on Helicopter Drops, Gold, and Brexit | Financial Sense
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- European Banks Crash To Worst 2-Day Loss Ever As Default Risk Soars | ZeroHedge
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Any 'veneer of confidence' in the markets is gone | Business Insider
- 7 outdated men's style 'rules' that you can now ignore | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' changed up a fan-favorite book scene to make it even... | Business Insider
- I sat on the actual Iron Throne from 'Game of Thrones' —... | Business Insider
- How an ad campaign made lesbians fall in love with Subaru | Business Insider
- Here's how Trump and Clinton's economic policies... | Business Insider
- Scientists say there's a surprising way to change people's... | Business Insider