Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hilton IPO Opens Up (Only) 7% | ZeroHedge
- If You Don’t Trust the Fed, Here’s An Inside View That Confirms Your Worst Suspicions | ZeroHedge
- Is Your Job About To Be Outsourced By A Computer (The Probability Is 47%) | ZeroHedge
- China Island Hopping Into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- Prisoner’s Dilemma Game in Greece | Financial Sense
- Netherlands After Losing Its AAA Credit Rating | Financial Sense
- Taper & Quantitative Easing Reality Check | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dell Employees Are Not Happy That The Company Wants Them To Volunteer For A... | Business Insider
- RETAIL SALES ACCELERATE, CORE SALES GROWTH DOUBLES EXPECTATIONS, BIG UPWARD REVISIONS... | Business Insider
- The First Ivy League Acceptance Numbers For The Class Of 2018 Are Out | Business Insider
- Mortgage Rates Tick Up to Highest Levels Since September | TheStreet.com
- Sicily Police Arrest Family Of Top Mafia Boss | Business Insider
- Here's What 13 Famous CEOs Looked Like In High School | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com