Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The PetroYuan Cometh: China Docks Navy Destroyer In Iran's Strait Of Hormuz Port | ZeroHedge
- Losing the Battleship | iBankCoin.com
- Saturday Humor: iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S5 | ZeroHedge
- Fed Expected to Clarify Course | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- Existing Home Sales Drop Most Since Jan; Biggest Miss Since Nov 2013 | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Opens At 6-Year Highs, Extreme 'Relative Strength' Signals 30% Drop Potential | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'Great Stagnation' Is Europe's Biggest Fear Again | Business Insider
- McIlroy, Poulter top US targets at Ryder Cup | Business Insider
- CNBC Contributor And Trader Rich Ilczyszyn Has Died At Age 46 | Business Insider
- 11 Reasons People Are Obsessed With Shake Shack | Business Insider
- We Are Pumping Carbon Into The Atmosphere At Increasing Rates — 2013 Set A... | Business Insider
- 13 Things You Can Stop Wasting Money On | Business Insider
- More Than 130,000 Syrian Kurds Have Fled to Turkey | Business Insider