Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CDC Issues Level 3 Travel Alert As 'Largest Ebola Outbreak In History' Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Russia And India Begin Negotations To Use National Currencies In Settlements, Bypassing Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tumble On Espirito Santo Loss, European Deflation, Argentina Default | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Open Weak - Lose All July Gains | ZeroHedge
- A Sublime Harmony of Mathematical Precision | iBankCoin.com
- An Insufferable Beer Crisis Hits California | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Message To Republicans: "Stop Just Hatin’ All The Time" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 14 Photos Of The Crazy Flood That Soaked UCLA | Business Insider
- eBay Just Released Its Diversity Numbers, And They're Better Than Some Other Companies In... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The iPhone 6 Isn't Coming Until October, Says MacRumors (AAPL... | Business Insider
- 13 Weird Psychological Reasons Someone Might Fall In Love With You | Business Insider
- Samsung Reports Quarterly Profit Decline, Blaming Competition From Other Smartphone Makers | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com