Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bad News For Profit Margins As Philly Fed Prices-Received-Less-Paid Drops To 2012 Levels | ZeroHedge
- "Bullishness" Surges To 2014 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Missouri Governor Withdraws National Guard From Ferguson, Holder Warns Of "Deeper Mistrust" | ZeroHedge
- California Droughts: Then And Now | ZeroHedge
- Argentina’s Default Raises More Questions Than Answers | Financial Sense
- Ebola: Largest Outbreak on Record Takes Toll on Local Economies | Financial Sense
- Stocks Overvalued Anywhere Between 7% And 113% (But Cheap Compared To Dot Com Bubble) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama's Mission Against ISIS Just Fundamentally Changed | Business Insider
- GlobalPost CEO: The Islamic... | Business Insider
- Meet 15 People Who Brave Freezing Temperatures to Live On The Arctic Circle | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 12 Of The Most Beautiful 'Living Pictures' Ever Taken With A Lytro Camera | Business Insider
- Here's One Way Apple's Smartwatch Could Be Better Than Anything Else (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- Stocks Look Cheap If You Think This Is A Bubble | Business Insider