Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Companies Bracing for Disappointment, Zatlin Says | Financial Sense
- Alex Jones Invites Media to Discuss His Child Custody Trial, Then Delivers His Magnum Opus | ZeroHedge
- Larry Fink Lashes Out At Trump Tax Plan: America's On "A Path To Exploding Deficits" | ZeroHedge
- Will Trump Release The Missing JFK Files? | ZeroHedge
- Naysayer Reality Check: Waymo’s Self-Driving Taxi Debuts in Phoenix, for Free | Financial Sense
- Are Fed Officials Throwing Main Street Under The Bus? | ZeroHedge
- NYT's 'Impossible To Verify' North Korea Nuke Claim Spreads Unchecked By Media | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Home prices are soaring — here are the 20 places where owners are reaping the... | Business Insider
- The organizer of the doomed Fyre festival was previously accused of... | Business Insider
- The truth about corporate tax cuts | Business Insider
- A new drug to treat lung cancer just got approved (TKPYY) | Business Insider
- Why you'll end up in the wrong job | Business Insider
- The best DSLR cameras you can buy | Business Insider
- Watch Hasan Minhaj roast Trump... | Business Insider