Covered Call Picks (VHC,AVP,TPX,END,SODA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|VHC||VirnetX Holding Corp||31||31||3||9.70%||Jun-12|
|AVP||Avon Products Inc||20.9||21||1.7||8.10%||Jun-12|
|TPX||Tempur-Pedic International Inc||49.9||50||3.4||6.80%||Jun-12|
|END||Endeavour International Corp||8.49||10||0.6||6.50%||Jun-12|
|SODA||Sodastream International Ltd||36.1||37.5||1.9||5.10%||Jun-12|
VirnetX Holding Corp (VHC) is currently trading at $30.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.01 and $41.77.
Avon Products Inc (AVP) is currently trading at $20.89. Its 52 week range is between $16.09 and $30.63.
Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX) is currently trading at $49.92. Its 52 week range is between $44.5 and $87.43.
Endeavour International Corp (END) is currently trading at $8.49. Its 52 week range is $5.8 and $16.43.
Sodastream International Ltd (SODA) is currently trading at $36.11. Its 52 week range is between $27.6 and $79.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Artist's Impression Of Small Business In Obama's America | ZeroHedge
- Gold Rush Losing Glitter | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts: Killary Will Be The Last US President | ZeroHedge
- The Next Big Crash Of The U.S. Economy Is Coming, Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Homeland Insecurity | ZeroHedge
- 6 Giant Corporations Control The Media, And Americans Consume 10 Hours Of "Programming" A Day | ZeroHedge
- Buy the VIX and Sell Equities into June Rate Hikes (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 shipwrecks in 3 days leave up to 700 migrants dead... | Business Insider
- How I built a 6-figure business while... | Business Insider
- 7 things a neuroscientist knows but most people don’t | Business Insider
- Consumers have a new mindset about clothes — and it's bad news for Macy's,... | Business Insider
- The 6 coolest phrases only people in the military use | Business Insider
- 8 intense arm workouts you can do virtually anywhere | Business Insider
- THE GLOBAL SMARTPHONE REPORT: The forces behind the global deceleration in smartphone... | Business Insider