Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Russia Being Driven Into the Arms of China? | ZeroHedge
- The Annotated History Of Russian Crises Since 1860 | ZeroHedge
- The Stock 'Market' Just Broke Another Intriguing Record | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
- The Fed & "The Grandest Con Job In The History Of The World" | ZeroHedge
- Implications for the Stock Market and Gold with a Yen Rally | Financial Sense
- China Prepares To Bailout Russia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s How ‘The Hobbit’ Dragon Looks Without Visual Effects | Business Insider
- Chaos Ensues As Instagram Deletes Millions Of Accounts | Business Insider
- The First Footage Of The World's Deepest Fish Doesn't Look Like... | Business Insider
- The Real Reasons Trader Joe's Wine Is So Cheap | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel Is Taking Human Growth Hormone In Hopes Of Living To 120 | Business Insider
- 8 Stylish Gifts That Will Arrive By Christmas Eve | Business Insider
- THE CONNECTED-HOME REPORT: Forecasts And Growth Trends For The Leading '... | Business Insider