Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greeks Vote In "Holy Moment" - Live Updates | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Greek Contagion Risk | Financial Sense
- Eurogroup In Shock: Finance Ministers "Would Not Know What To Discuss" After Greferendum Stunner | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 6, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
- "Greece Is Contained" Except In Crude, Copper, FX, US & EU Stocks, & Peripheral Bonds | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Flood Syntagma Square To Celebrate "No" Vote | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Abby Wambach delivers incredible 7-minute monologue about her career... | Business Insider
- The next Reddit could be based on bitcoin and impossible to censor... | Business Insider
- Euro picks up after Greek finance minister quits | Business Insider
- China stocks extend falls, defying government efforts | Business Insider
- 5 books that inspired billionaire CEO Elizabeth Holmes | Business Insider
- Task force to probe alleged Malaysia PM money trail | Business Insider
- Nintendo and Sony made a hybrid game console 2 decades ago no one has ever... | Business Insider