Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canada's Housing Bubble Explodes As Its Biggest Mortgage Lender Crashes Most In History | ZeroHedge
- Germany Braces For Wave Of Migrant-Fueled Terrorism Lawsuits - 200 So Far This Year | ZeroHedge
- Japan Warns Citizens To Prepare For North Korean Missile Attack | ZeroHedge
- Softer Hard Data Weighs on Stocks | Financial Sense
- France and Europe Dodge Bullet, Yet Risks Still Ahead | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Drop In March - Stagnant For 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Alex Jones Slams CIA / DOJ War On Julian Assange: 'Trump Is SO Wrong On This' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Immersive video is the future of digital advertising | Business Insider
- The best Micro USB cables you can buy | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Jeff Bezos is closing in on the title of world... | Business Insider
- New footage shows aftermath of MOAB strike in Afghanistan | Business Insider
- Here's the actual 'biggest tax cut ever... | Business Insider
- Here's what to make of Uber's flying car ambitions | Business Insider