Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Says Trump Is Most Dangerous Presidential Candidate Ever – But Is She? | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
- WTI Tumbles To $43 Handle - 3-Month-Lows - As Gasoline Glut Deepens | ZeroHedge
- The Unique Evil Of The Left | ZeroHedge
- As China Floods The World With Gasoline, European Stocks Hit All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- End Of An Era: The Rise And Fall Of The Petrodollar System | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch these Russian airstrikes flatten 2 ISIS command centers in Syria | Business Insider
- A dentist reveals the 2 biggest mistakes people... | Business Insider
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Here's the age you peak at everything throughout life | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- It looks like Russia purposefully bombed a base used by the US to force Washington's hand... | Business Insider