Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You’re 55 Times More Likely to be Killed by a Police Officer than a Terrorist | ZeroHedge
- Canary Meet Coal Mine: Miami Condo Sales Are "Cooling Down" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Inch Higher As Draghi Dreams Trump Dismal Data | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 5 | ZeroHedge
- Apple To Consume 1/3 Of World’s Annual Gold Supply? | ZeroHedge
- Corporate Buybacks at Record Levels | Financial Sense
- Bumbling Failures | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek PM seeks EU talks after ECB snub | Business Insider
- Take a look at the 6x6-foot dumpster where one professor lived for an entire year | Business Insider
- Why these women stayed in the games industry... | Business Insider
- How companies like Etsy killed the hipster | Business Insider
- Leon Brittan and the Westminster child abuse scandal: 'his... | Business Insider
- Over 50% of American singles had casual sex in 2014 — here's why that's... | Business Insider
- Apple is joining the Dow (AAPL, T) | Business Insider