Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Sends NATO A Clear Message By Arming Fighter Jets With First Air-To-Air Missles | ZeroHedge
- Violence Erupts In Turkey After Prominent Lawyer Is Assassinated On Live TV | ZeroHedge
- An Angry Trader Rages: "There Is Nothing Normal About It" | ZeroHedge
- Paris, Sharm el-Sheikh, and the Resurrection of Old Europe | Financial Sense
- Market Panics After Arrest Of Brazilian Lawmaker: "Never Have We Had So Little Certainty About Tomorrow" | ZeroHedge
- "Friend & Ally" Or "Barbaric Death Cult" - You Decide | ZeroHedge
- Sweden: "No Apartments, No Jobs, No Shopping Without A Gun" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: Clashes between govt., rebels kill 30 in Congo | Business Insider
- Police: Bus overturns, 1 serious injury, 34 minor injuries... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Leaders, activists gather for climate talks | Business Insider
- Many black pastors say meeting with Trump not an... | Business Insider
- AP Sources: Rutgers fires coach Flood and AD Hermann | Business Insider
- Change in Thanksgiving weekend spending stumps retailers | Business Insider
- French Connection is popping | Business Insider