Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two Weeks After Upgrading Stocks, Goldman Downgrades Stocks | ZeroHedge
- THe DoNeTSK OPeN... | ZeroHedge
- Apocalypse Preview: Chinese River Turns Blood-Red | ZeroHedge
- Forget What They Say And Watch What They Do | ZeroHedge
- China’s Market Finally Looks Like a Buy | Financial Sense
- Is It 1999 All Over Again? | Financial Sense
- So You Want To Launder Money Out Of China? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Evacuates Embassy In Tripoli, Libya Amid Growing Violence | Business Insider
- 3 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume | TheStreet.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- 9 Easy Tips For Finding Exactly What You Want On Google | Business Insider
- Jennifer Lawrence Prepares For Battle In The First 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 07/25: (TRIP... | StreetInsider.com