Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Bottom For Uranium Stocks Is In! | ZeroHedge
- Schiller Warns: Stocks Are Partying Like Its 1929! | ZeroHedge
- Manufacturing Normality - Exposing The "Self-Appointed Guardians Of Reality" | ZeroHedge
- BofA Warns Trumpflation Might Break The "Buy The Dip" Trade | ZeroHedge
- UN Agrees To Stop Reporting Iraqi Casualties After Military Complains | ZeroHedge
- Buy The F**king All Time Highs: Stocks Melt-Up | ZeroHedge
- German Companies Pull Ads From Breitbart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Texans aren't spending like the used to | Business Insider
- Carrier worker: It's 'crazy' we have a president-elect going... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- This 1,000-horsepower Aston Martin hypercar will be made almost... | Business Insider
- Republicans vow to 'go after Russia' for its alleged interference in... | Business Insider
- The 10 US cities where Americans have the best credit | Business Insider
- Trump appoints Oklahoma Attorney General Scott... | Business Insider