Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Israel Cabinet Unanimously Rejects John Kerry's Gaza Truce Proposal | ZeroHedge
- The IMF's Comedy Of Quarterly Errors Reveals The Biggest Hockeystick You Have Ever Seen | ZeroHedge
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- Liberian Man Tested For Ebola In World's Fourth Most Populous City | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Europe Unveils Preliminary Sanctions Against Russia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Google Executive Reveals Why The Company Came Up With Its Beautiful New Android Design... | Business Insider
- Facebook Blows Away Earnings Estimates: Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- Wall Street's Brightest Minds Reveal The Most Important Charts In The World... | Business Insider
- Miami Heat Star Chris Bosh Just Listed His California Mansion For $14.5 Million | Business Insider
- Experts Break Down The Two Plane Crashes In Bad Weather That Happened In The Last 24 Hours | Business Insider
- 13 Mindblowing Facts About Texas | Business Insider
- This 25-Year-Old Grad Student Was An Inmate For 58 Days At A Notorious... | Business Insider