Covered Call Picks (EXAS,SRPT,THRX,IOC,ALXA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|EXAS||Exact Sciences Corp||9.85||10||1.3||13.20%||April 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||35.9||36||3.6||10.00%||April 2013|
|THRX||Theravance Inc||22.7||23||1.9||8.10%||April 2013|
|IOC||InterOil Corp||73.1||75||3.3||4.40%||April 2013|
|ALXA||Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc||4.6||5||0.2||4.30%||April 2013|
Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS) is currently trading at $9.85. Its 52 week range is between $8.87 and $12.3.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $35.85. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Theravance Inc (THRX) is currently trading at $22.72. Its 52 week range is between $17.06 and $31.87.
InterOil Corp (IOC) is currently trading at $73.14. Its 52 week range is between $47.33 and $99.05.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXA) is currently trading at $4.6. Its 52 week range is between $2.55 and $7.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PBOC Wins The Battle: Yuan Surges To Highest In 2016, Currency War Not Over | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Shows Clinton, Sanders Tied - Hillary's Lead Evaporates In 6 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
- China's 3 Trillion Dollar Mistake | ZeroHedge
- BofA: "The Sense Of Calm Which Had Descended On Markets Has Come To An Abrupt End" | ZeroHedge
- Gold And Silver Best Performing Assets – Up 9% and 8% YTD | ZeroHedge
- German Spy Chief Says ISIS Operatives Have Infiltrated Europe Disguised As Refugees | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the evidence that you get what you pay for when investing in hedge funds | Business Insider
- A popular juice shop is selling $65 bottles of 'dust' | Business Insider
- Tesla is getting crushed — again (tsla) | Business Insider
- 7 public speaking secrets from one of the most-watched TED speakers | Business Insider
- This is oil's endgame | Business Insider
- Former Ben Carson communications director: They gave Cruz a 'loaded... | Business Insider
- GitHub is undergoing a full-blown overhaul as execs and employees depart — and we have the... | Business Insider