Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LifeLock Willing To Give FireEye $16 Per Share In Takeover Offer - Sources | ZeroHedge
- How Corporate Media Continues To Use The 'Russia Scapegoat' To Distract from Status Quo Failure | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Finds That 80% Of Americans Oppose Sanctuary Cities | ZeroHedge
- Futures Flat, Global Stocks Near Record High After Minutes Fail To Spark Dollar Rally | ZeroHedge
- Liberal Ad Agency Drops Infowars, 1st Amendment Assault On Conservative Media Heating Up | ZeroHedge
- Is An Inflation Comeback In The Works? | ZeroHedge
- The Final Neutering of Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here is eMarketer's guide to the future of... | Business Insider
- Criteo CEO Eric Eichmann's 2 big... | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban calls universal basic income 'one of... | Business Insider
- Stunning photos show Dakota pipeline protesters setting their tents on fire as... | Business Insider
- Strange signals in space have experts wondering if they... | Business Insider
- DOW CLAWS TO NEW ALL-TIME HIGH: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Some NFL executives reportedly believe the Patriots will get a '... | Business Insider