Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Whether It’s the Weather? | Financial Sense
- Student And Car Loans Account For 102% Of All New February Consumer Credit | ZeroHedge
- Russia Today Responds To Wahl Public Departure: Just A "Self-Promotional Stunt" | ZeroHedge
- 'Bail-in' Risks See Europe Banks Get Downgrade Warning | ZeroHedge
- A Matter of Public Recourd | iBankCoin.com
- Record 71% Of Household Net Worth Is In Financial Assets | ZeroHedge
- Picturing The Amazon.com Of Illegal Drugs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Young Star Of Huge New 'Divergent' Franchise Is A Hardcore Hippie | Business Insider
- Here's How Tesla Is Doing in China | TheStreet.com
- San Francisco Billionaire Tells The Tech Industry: Don't Be 'The Wolf... | Business Insider
- 11 Reasons Wawa Is America's Best Convenience Store | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Should Always File Your Taxes, Even If You Made... | Business Insider
- MARC ANDREESSEN: Carl Icahn Is Making Up A Fake Conspiracy Theory Out Of Thin Air | Business Insider
- UBER RIVAL CEO: Uber Is For The Rich, We're For Everyone Else | Business Insider