Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Navy Makes Gas from Seawater | ZeroHedge
- Define Austerity: Spanish, Italian And Greek Debt/GDP Rise To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- Shareholder Value: Getting Rich Slowly | Financial Sense
- Traders Walk In On Another Sleepy Session In Search Of Its Volumeless Levitation Catalyst | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman Blasts "America's Housing Fiasco Is On You, Alan Greenspan" | ZeroHedge
- Keynesian Knightmare: US Savers Outnumber Spenders By Record Numbers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York's Favorite Brunch Club Just Added A $1,000 Sundae To The Menu | Business Insider
- How To Execute Perfectly One Of The Most Annoying Tasks When Cooking Fish | Business Insider
- Dish Network Is Partnering... | Business Insider
- The Woman Who Accused GitHub's Founder Of Harassment Is Slamming The... | Business Insider
- How Chipotle Is Making Service Even Faster | Business Insider
- VIDEO INSIDER: Fan TV Comes To TWC — More On... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com