Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Know Iraq's Bad When... | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- The U.S. and Russia Are Gas Giants | Financial Sense
- UN Says MH-17 Downing "May Be War Crime"; Russia Responds Photos Of Ukraine Shelling Are Fake | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 29 | ZeroHedge
- 100 Years Ago Today It Began: "Austria Has Chosen War" | ZeroHedge
- China’s Storm: 2016 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Watch The Amazing 'Game Of Thrones' Season 4 Gag Reel Revealed At Comic-Con... | Business Insider
- Instagram May Face Legal Trouble Over Its Rumored 'Bolt' App | Business Insider
- Biotech And Internet Stocks Are Nowhere Near Their Insane Levels Of 1999 | Business Insider
- Man Accidentally Calls Obama The 'First President of United... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn Just Completely Revamped Its Mobile App To Help You Make More Connections | Business Insider
- Brilliant Management Advice From LinkedIn's Billionaire... | Business Insider