Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We're in a Global Bear Market, Says Leading Technician | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: June 23 | ZeroHedge
- Brexit: Brits Lead Anti-Establishment Rebellion in European Departure | ZeroHedge
- Political Shock Coming No Matter Which Side Wins Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Bankruptcies Surge More Than 50% In Q1; Worse To Come | ZeroHedge
- Why America Is Likely to Remain a Global Superpower | Financial Sense
- "Don't Try To Be A Hero Today" Veteran Trader Warns "Self-Preservation Is Paramount" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A woman who won over $500,000 for college says there are 2 things to... | Business Insider
- The best 14 games you can get for your PlayStation 4 right now | Business Insider
- The 9 coolest technologies that startups are pitching to NASA right now | Business Insider
- The most anticipated tech IPO of the year is running a live coding... | Business Insider
- 12 tricks to save money on groceries, from a woman who wiped out almost $24,000 in... | Business Insider
- Brexit is not expected to have a big impact on the English Premier League | Business Insider
- PALIN ON BREXIT: 'May UN shackles be next on the chopping block' | Business Insider