Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Team Confirms Dakota Access Support Has "Nothing To Do With Personal Investments" In Pipeline Builder | ZeroHedge
- Iran Furious After Obama Said To Extend Iran Sanctions; Oil Jumps To 2016 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Stanford Study Reveals California Pensions Underfunded By $1 Trillion Or $93k Per Household | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About The Italian Referendum (& Should Be Afraid To Ask) | ZeroHedge
- Not Afraid | Financial Sense
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- Mitt Romney Is Now Heavy Favorite For Secretary Of State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thailand's new king just made his first public appearance | Business Insider
- Business Insider is hiring an entertainment intern | Business Insider
- Tesla will never have to worry about selling cars (TSLA) | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- This AI can create 'videos of the future' | Business Insider
- Some Republicans are applauding Trump's controversial phone call with... | Business Insider
- Top Trump aide brushes off furor over Trump's phone call with Taiwan | Business Insider