Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Illinois Suspends "Billions Of Dollars" Of Investment Activity With Wells Fargo | ZeroHedge
- 4 States Sue To Block Obama's Internet Transition Set For Tomorrow Night | ZeroHedge
- Watch This Key Level | Financial Sense
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- A Conspiracy Theory About Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler, One Week After Telling Brussels "F**k You" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Campaign Releases "Ten Inconvenient Truths About The Clinton Foundation" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- The next big tech IPO of the year will raise about $240 million | Business Insider
- This might be the most badass cockpit selfie ever taken | Business Insider
- This 7-minute fitness routine is all you need to get in shape | Business Insider
- Cuba is reheating relations with Russia and US at the same time | Business Insider
- The Marines are in the market for a drone-killer | Business Insider
- 'CHECK OUT SEX TAPE': Trump goes on... | Business Insider