Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- After "Pause That Refreshes" 'Investors' Panic-Buy Stocks Back To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Yen Soars, Stocks Slide After Kuroda Says "No Need Or Possibility For Helicopter Money" | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street's Wishful Thinking - Debunking The "Abundance Of Strong Data" Meme | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Is Confused By Elon Musk's Master Plan - "Credibility Is Challenged... How Do They Fund It?" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Sparks "Wave Of Alarm" Across Europe After Warning US May Not Help NATO Members | ZeroHedge
- Trump Vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This new iOS 10 feature helps protect your iPhone from water... | Business Insider
- Putin is a big winner of the failed coup in Turkey | Business Insider
- In a Twitter rant, billionaire Mark Cuban tells Clinton how to become... | Business Insider
- Josh Norman responded to Odell Beckham's jab at his career with a foreboding... | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- Amazon is investing $550 million in Italy, just 5 months after a former exec... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider