Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Big Fat Greek Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Buffett On Europe: Germany Must Stop Greek Dog Peeing On Its Carpet | ZeroHedge
- email@example.com - How A Romanian Hacker Exposed Hillary Clinton's Secret Email Life | ZeroHedge
- The Good Doctor Has Made Another Biotech Purchase | iBankCoin.com
- BLOOD IN THE STREETS | iBankCoin.com
- The Psychology of a Sideways Trend | Financial Sense
- In "Unprecedented Move" Nobel Peace Prize Chairman Demoted For Decision To Give Obama 2009 Award | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bayern target top gear, Dresden braced for potent clash | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart got physical with a WWE Superstar on... | Business Insider
- No, higher wages won't destroy earnings growth | Business Insider
- Xiaomi's Hugo Barra: 'We don't spend pretty much any... | Business Insider
- A group of protestors will try to levitate Vice's... | Business Insider
- Taylor Wimpey profits ROCKETED because there are not enough houses to go... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert makes a shockingly vicious appearance on 'House Of Cards' | Business Insider