Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- White House Denies Snowden 'Pardon' Petition, Warns "We Are Living In A Dangerous World" | ZeroHedge
- A VAINGLORIOUS VICTORY | iBankCoin.com
- What Loss Of Control Looks Like: Chinese Regulator Urges Traders To Rat Out "Malicious Sellers" | ZeroHedge
- US Economic & Consumer Confidence Plunges To 10-Month Lows As "Hope" Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Compromised Hedge Funder Joins BOE In Revolving Door Roundtrip | ZeroHedge
- Energy M&A Hits A Brick Wall: Ex Shell-BG Megadeal, Q2 Deal Value Was Lowest Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- How To Be Married For Five Years | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- How a cheating scandal at a well-regarded public school in New York turned... | Business Insider
- The world's largest asset... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Caitlyn Jenner's new reality show 'I Am Cait' premieres to huge... | Business Insider
- 10 terrifying stories about riding trains in Japan | Business Insider
- Caddie who got fired in a middle of the round says his ex-boss lied about being... | Business Insider