Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Importance of Owning Stocks | Financial Sense
- ALL SINNERS WILL BE PURIFIED | iBankCoin.com
- Obamacare Website Funneling Private Consumer Data To Private Companies | ZeroHedge
- Same Story | iBankCoin.com
- 94% of Leading Economic Indicators Showing Positive Growth for the U.S. | Financial Sense
- S&P Sales Growth Is Fine, but EPS Margins May Have Flattened | Financial Sense
- Blowout Victory For Syriza In Greek Elections: Live Webcasts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek election: LIVE REPORT | Business Insider
- Lyon pull clear as Ibrahimovic lifts PSG | Business Insider
- Outgoing Greek PM concedes election defeat: Syriza | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- A Rare Glimpse Inside The Life And Mind Of Oracle CEO Mark Hurd (ORCL) | Business Insider
- 11 Startups That Will Have You Living In The Lap Of Luxury Without Leaving Home | Business Insider
- Dominant Djokovic powers into Open quarters | Business Insider