Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- US-Created System In Iraq Is Collapsing: Protesters Storm Parliament, State of Emergency Declared - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- THe BuTT oF HiS OWN JoKe... | ZeroHedge
- NIRP Has Officially Arrived: Interactive Brokers Starts Charging 0.25% On Yen Cash Balances | ZeroHedge
- Trump Protesters Breach Barricades, Clash With Riot Police - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The US Endgame? Creating A Climate That "Could Easily Be Transformed Into War" | ZeroHedge
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Aleppo is Syria's fiercest battleground | Business Insider
- 11 takeways from Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's... | Business Insider
- China's housing bubble is starting to look a lot like the US... | Business Insider
- 10 simple behavior patterns of the most successful people | Business Insider
- TOM LEE: Told you so — these 6 strategies are beating the market hands-down right now (... | Business Insider
- The 'New Girl' creator explains how the famous Prince episode happened | Business Insider
- This tiny clothing item can solve every man's worst summer footwear issue | Business Insider