Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- France To Deploy 3,000 Troops To Schools: "The Threat Is Real" Education Minister Says | ZeroHedge
- Gilts Spike After Cover Ratio In Today's 15Y+ POMO Tumbles, BOE Buys All Bonds At Premium | ZeroHedge
- The US Real Estate Big Picture... A Thesis In Moral Hazard | ZeroHedge
- Government Study Admits Fed Policies Have Deepened Downturn For Many | ZeroHedge
- On The Bizarre Media Blackout Of Hacked George Soros Documents | ZeroHedge
- EU President: "Borders Are The Worst Invention Ever Made By Politicians" | ZeroHedge
- Why Today's 2 Year Auction Is Important | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'We're not playing games any longer... | Business Insider
- The Galaxy Note 7 is the greatest camera phone ever — see for yourself | Business Insider
- A major update is coming to 'No Man's Sky' on PlayStation 4 | Business Insider
- Michigan lost a big football recruit after they... | Business Insider
- Why you must watch this movie about one of the most horrific moments in TV... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' actress promises fans that 's--t gets real... | Business Insider
- Stanford just banned mixed drinks and shots from on-campus... | Business Insider