Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What The "Porsche Indicator" Tells Us About The Greek "Recovery" | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Knockout at the MGM | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Expected to Clarify Course | Financial Sense
- China Launches CNY500 Billion In "Stealth QE" | ZeroHedge
- What A Difference Two Weeks Makes: Spot The Cognitive Dissonance In These Two Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Ideas from the Move in Bonds | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jon Stewart Roasts 'Fretful And Shaking' Senator For Saying ISIS... | Business Insider
- Hackers Target eBay Users With Fake iPhone Listings (EBAY) | Business Insider
- The 20 Best Business Schools For Networking | Business Insider
- Tim Cook Basically Just Said He Was 'Offended' By... | Business Insider
- Producer Prices Flat In August (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- Wildfires Rage Across Rain-Starved California | Business Insider
- In Challenge To Android, Apple Has Banned Apps From Using The iPhone 6... | Business Insider