Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- White House Spokesman Slams Media Over "Crowd Size Comparisons" In Bizarre First Briefing | ZeroHedge
- America's Real 'Division' (Summarized In 100 Seconds) | ZeroHedge
- 2017—Shades of 1937 | Financial Sense
- National Park Service BTFO: Cucked Agency Ordered to Cease Using Twitter After Mocking Trump Inauguration | ZeroHedge
- Trump Takes Over 'Riskiest' America Since World War II | ZeroHedge
- The Following Words Had Never Appeared In An Inaugural Address, Until Today | ZeroHedge
- 20 Trillion in Debt - Where Are Fitch, Moodys, Standard and Poors (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How celebrities are protesting the inauguration of President Trump... | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers jokes Trump's inauguration day will end with his... | Business Insider
- Google's former king of search is joining Uber to lead the... | Business Insider
- THE FUTURE OF RETAIL 2016 [SLIDE DECK] | Business Insider
- The author of 'The 4-Hour Workweek' credits a 4-word phrase with... | Business Insider
- India is 10x cheaper than US for app development | Business Insider
- You're wasting money if you use a modem from your cable company —... | Business Insider