Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile, In The Real Economy... Or Why Deutsche Thinks "Lunatics Are Running" The Fed | ZeroHedge
- "It's A Madhouse" - At Least 6 Dead, 12 Missing As Floods "Hammer" Texas & Oklahoma | ZeroHedge
- Why China Is So Desperate To Blow The Most Epic Stock Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Near-Record Wage Spike Stabilizes Richmond Fed Manufacturing Survey | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Tumble On Durable Goods "Good News", USD Soars | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton's State Department Approved $165 Billion In Arms Deals To Clinton Foundation Donors | ZeroHedge
- Why Tesla's Batteries Won't Work For Roof-Top Solar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Indian... | Business Insider
- Trial shows virus treatment effective against skin cancer... | Business Insider
- NBA's Harden leads Rockets win, Curry OK after scary... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- Why a former Goldman partner teamed up with a former bank robber on this new... | Business Insider
- Google opens up a 21,000-square-foot campus in South Korea for startups | Business Insider