Covered Call Picks (FRO,GMCR,ITMN,DRYS,SINA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|GMCR||Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc||52.5||52.5||5.1||9.70%||May-12|
Frontline Ltd (FRO) is currently trading at $6.81. Its 52 week range is between $2.52 and $25.09.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $52.45. Its 52 week range is between $34.06 and $115.98.
InterMune Inc (ITMN) is currently trading at $14.7. Its 52 week range is between $10.67 and $51.71.
DryShips Inc (DRYS) is currently trading at $3.44. Its 52 week range is $1.75 and $5.12.
SINA Corp (SINA) is currently trading at $65.78. Its 52 week range is between $46.86 and $147.12.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hidden Agenda Behind Saudi Arabia’s Market Share Strategy | ZeroHedge
- The Urban Bubble in Commercial Real Estate | Financial Sense
- Mutual Funds, ETFs at Risk of a Run Warns Stockman | ZeroHedge
- Assad Plans To Retake "All Syria," Will "Confront" Saudis, Turks If Invaded | ZeroHedge
- China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit | Financial Sense
- Canada Sells Nearly Half Of All Its Gold Reserves | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: 800 Angry Farmers Storm Greek Ministry, Beat Cops With Shepherd's Sticks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jamie Dimon just dropped $26 million on JPMorgan shares | Business Insider
- Someone paid almost $100,000 for a bottle of McDonald’s Special Sauce | Business Insider
- We can't tell you about two of the best games of 2016 | Business Insider
- THE MINING CRUNCH IS HERE: Rio Tinto's earnings halved as price falls cause $7.7 billion worth of pain | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Deutsche Bank just announced a bond buyback, and now the stock is surging (DB) | Business Insider
- How to create your own unique piece of artwork using a robot | Business Insider