Covered Call Picks (ATPG,VXX,FSLR,NFLX,UNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ATPG||ATP Oil & Gas Corporation||7.87||8||0.8||10.70%||Apr-12|
|VXX||iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN||26||27||2.4||9.40%||Apr-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||27.6||28||2.6||9.30%||Apr-12|
|UNG||United States Natural Gas||18.7||19||1.1||6.00%||Apr-12|
ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (ATPG) is currently trading at $7.87. Its 52 week range is between $5.53 and $20.19.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX) is currently trading at $26.03. Its 52 week range is between $19.88 and $59.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $27.63. Its 52 week range is between $27.5 and $163.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $107.13. Its 52 week range is $62.37 and $304.79.
United States Natural Gas (UNG) is currently trading at $18.66. Its 52 week range is between $18.68 and $50.56.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 56 French Villages Where Marine Le Pen Didn't Get A Single Vote | ZeroHedge
- Global Market Cap Hits $50 Trillion For The First Time Ever As All Eyes Turn To Trump Tax Plan | ZeroHedge
- Gary Cohn Is The Leading Candidate To Replace Janet Yellen: Beacon | ZeroHedge
- Russia Ready To Send Ground Troops To Syria: FARS | ZeroHedge
- A $500 Billion "Hitch" Emerges In The Saudi Aramco IPO | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500; Dangerous place to run out of gas! | ZeroHedge
- Russian Senator Warns UK "Risks Being Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Daesh is fighting house to house':... | Business Insider
- JAMIE DIMON: Companies 'have a moral obligation' to do... | Business Insider
- US General on Russia arming the Taliban: 'I... | Business Insider
- The story behind the video of security guards... | Business Insider
- 20 stunning photos of life inside North Korea as it celebrates its founder... | Business Insider
- Japan wants to bring the Trans Pacific Partnership back from the... | Business Insider
- North Korean gas prices are going through the roof | Business Insider