Covered Call Picks (ATPG,VXX,FSLR,NFLX,UNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ATPG||ATP Oil & Gas Corporation||7.87||8||0.8||10.70%||Apr-12|
|VXX||iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN||26||27||2.4||9.40%||Apr-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||27.6||28||2.6||9.30%||Apr-12|
|UNG||United States Natural Gas||18.7||19||1.1||6.00%||Apr-12|
ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (ATPG) is currently trading at $7.87. Its 52 week range is between $5.53 and $20.19.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX) is currently trading at $26.03. Its 52 week range is between $19.88 and $59.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $27.63. Its 52 week range is between $27.5 and $163.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $107.13. Its 52 week range is $62.37 and $304.79.
United States Natural Gas (UNG) is currently trading at $18.66. Its 52 week range is between $18.68 and $50.56.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE TURKEY GODS ARE HERE | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: November 25 | ZeroHedge
- The Swiss Referendum On Gold: What's Missing From The Debate | ZeroHedge
- "This Is Madness" | ZeroHedge
- Prosperity Amidst the Ruins | ZeroHedge
- Something Appears To Be Going On With Gold | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Oil Price Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Earth Looks Like From One Of NASA's Most Advanced... | Business Insider
- One Of The Men In Charge Of Apple Maps Has Left For Uber (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Most US HIV cases not under control | Business Insider
- This Old Nintendo Game Quadrupled In Price In Just A Week | Business Insider
- $99 Black Friday Windows Tablets -- Are They Worth Fighting the Crowds? | TheStreet.com
- Streetinsider.com's... | StreetInsider.com
- MERKEL: The Amazing Political Journey Of The... | Business Insider