Covered Call Picks (ATPG,VXX,FSLR,NFLX,UNG)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|ATPG||ATP Oil & Gas Corporation||7.87||8||0.8||10.70%||Apr-12|
|VXX||iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN||26||27||2.4||9.40%||Apr-12|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||27.6||28||2.6||9.30%||Apr-12|
|UNG||United States Natural Gas||18.7||19||1.1||6.00%||Apr-12|
ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (ATPG) is currently trading at $7.87. Its 52 week range is between $5.53 and $20.19.
iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX) is currently trading at $26.03. Its 52 week range is between $19.88 and $59.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $27.63. Its 52 week range is between $27.5 and $163.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $107.13. Its 52 week range is $62.37 and $304.79.
United States Natural Gas (UNG) is currently trading at $18.66. Its 52 week range is between $18.68 and $50.56.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Red Flag: Growth In Fast Food Visits Has Hit A Wall | ZeroHedge
- After Brexit, A Trump Path To Victory | ZeroHedge
- Farage Slams The EU Parliament: "You're Not Laughing Now Are You?" | ZeroHedge
- WTI Jumps Above $48 After Bigger Than Expected Crude Inventory Draw | ZeroHedge
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Behold Corporate Incest | ZeroHedge
- Clinton's Plan For Millennials: Loan Forgiveness | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- VOTE NOW: Where are teens shopping? | Business Insider
- 25 cities with the most dramatic income equality in the US | Business Insider
- One company's plan to dominate the dying newspaper industry (GCI, TRNC, NYT... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The trends creating new winners and losers in... | Business Insider
- These abandoned Mayans cities hold an alarming prophecy for today... | Business Insider
- 'Top Gear USA' was just killed by the History Channel | Business Insider
- This exclusive report reveals the ABCs of the IoT | Business Insider