Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Visualizing NAFTA's Mixed Track Record Since 1994 | ZeroHedge
- Iran's President Rouhani Visited Russia: Another Step To A Multipolar World | ZeroHedge
- Why Is Loan Growth Collapsing: Goldman Has An Answer | ZeroHedge
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- FBI Arrests State Department Employee For Spying For China | ZeroHedge
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Did the Top for 1H17 Just Hit? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steve Bannon isn't a fan of Austrian Economics | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton delivers fiery words for Trump without mentioning his name at a San Francisco conference | Business Insider
- Here's how a self-described... | Business Insider
- 8 old-fashioned manners you can comfortably leave behind | Business Insider
- Bitcoin dives after the SEC shoots down plans for another bitcoin ETF | Business Insider
- The Future of TV 2017: Thinking outside the box about how we consume video | Business Insider
- Here's how the new Galaxy S8 compares to the top phones in... | Business Insider