Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- A Worrying Set Of Signals | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Explains Why The Market Hasn't Crashed Yet: "People Are Holding And Hoping" | ZeroHedge
- Why Year 3 of the Presidential Cycle Hasn't Gone the Way Everyone Expected | Financial Sense
- Nickels, Meet Steamroller: Embattled Bank Suckers Hedge Funds Into EM Insurance Bet | ZeroHedge
- Russia Claims ISIS Now On The Ropes As Fighters Desert After 60 Airstrikes In 72 Hours | ZeroHedge
- Emerging Market Meltdown May Plunge Global Economy Into Recession | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The Walking Dead' is finally going to answer a question... | Business Insider
- Lambo's field goal as time expires lifts Bolts over... | Business Insider
- Doctors Without Borders: Afghan clinic bombed, 3 staff... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Afghan city of Kunduz mostly quiet, residents venturing... | Business Insider
- Fighting rages on Yemen's Red Sea coast | Business Insider
- The 15 most powerful tech companies in America | Business Insider