Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Michael Lewitt: "We're In The Late Stages of Ponzi Finance" | ZeroHedge
- Global Supply Chains Paralyzed After World's 7th Largest Container Shipper Files Bankruptcy, Assets Frozen | ZeroHedge
- China Bans Low Income 'Terrorists' From Guangzhou; Those Willing To Buy Fancy Hotels Still Welcome | ZeroHedge
- Trump By a Landslide? | Financial Sense
- Greek 'Thought Police' Prosecute Bishop For (Accurately) Calling 'Refugees', "Illegal Migrants" | ZeroHedge
- Navigating The Fracturing Global Macro Landscape With Worth Wray | ZeroHedge
- And The Next President According To Dennis Gartman Is... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why some fintechs want to cut ties with banks | Business Insider
- A top Democratic group is testing its 2016 campaign... | Business Insider
- Here's why people love these L.L.Bean boots that sell out every... | Business Insider
- Twitter sweetens the deal for content creators (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban denies report that he's been asked to play Trump in Clinton'... | Business Insider
- The most popular college major on Wall Street | Business Insider
- The one thing you should eat at 13 London street food markets | Business Insider