Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- Stocks Give Up Week's Gains At Open Following China Currency Carnage | ZeroHedge
- Why They Keep Trade Deals Secret | ZeroHedge
- How Dylan Stole The Nobel Prize And You Can Too | Altucher Confidential
- China's Capital Outflows Are Soaring Again: Goldman Finds Sept. FX Flows Surged To $78 Billion | ZeroHedge
- 'Smoking Gun' Email Confirms DNC Involvement In Inciting Violence At Trump Rallies | ZeroHedge
- White House Denies Obama Is Friends With Democratic Operative Who Met President 47 Times And Admitted To Voter Fraud | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Facebook, Amazon, and Twitter... | Business Insider
- A Marine veteran uses the '3-minute drill' to help mental-toughness clients... | Business Insider
- Amazon's cloud business is still crushing Microsoft and Google in the small... | Business Insider
- Here's the best way for cord cutters to watch football live this fall | Business Insider
- Microsoft still plans to get its hands on LinkedIn by the end of the... | Business Insider
- 'Not just like whining but disavowing the Democratic process': Anchors... | Business Insider