Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Is Santa Poised To Fill Christmas Stockings With Coal? | ZeroHedge
- Russian Search Helicopter Downed Near Syrian Border By US-Made Anti-Tank Missile, Rebels Claim | ZeroHedge
- Is a Major Global Economic Recession on our Doorstep? | Financial Sense
- Fractional-Reserve Banking is Pure Fraud, Part I | ZeroHedge
- Richmond Fed Shows 3rd Monthly Decline As Wages Crash Most In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ex-Benghazi panel staffer files new lawsuit against Gowdy... | Business Insider
- POWER RANKINGS: Perfect Patriots and Panthers remain 1-2 | Business Insider
- Police: Palestinian killed after stabbing man in Jerusalem... | Business Insider
- Google gets 2.2 million piracy takedown... | Business Insider
- A crazy landslide that ripped up a California road is puzzling... | Business Insider
- Former 'Donkey Kong' record holder's cartoon... | Business Insider
- A former Defence Secretary has warned that the UK's... | Business Insider