Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Rallies On Modest Debt Buyback Plan, Schaeuble Proclaims "Strong, Resilient Bank" | ZeroHedge
- Complete and Utter Scam: Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Are Trojan Horses, Looting Their Host Nations | ZeroHedge
- The War on Cash is About to Go into Hyperdrive Pt 2 | ZeroHedge
- 637 Rate Cuts And $12.3 Trillion In Global QE Later, World Shocked To Find "Quantitative Failure" | ZeroHedge
- Americans' "Deflationary Mindset" Has Never Been Stronger | ZeroHedge
- America's National Debt Bomb Caused By The Welfare State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This amazing graphic shows all of the Russian navy's submarines | Business Insider
- How to perfect one of the year's most popular hairstyles | Business Insider
- A food scientist explains how to make the crispiest fried chicken in the world... | Business Insider
- 'Deadpool' has two end-credits scenes — here's what they mean for the... | Business Insider
- A new peace deal for Syria effectively gives Russia and Assad '... | Business Insider
- Sacha Baron Cohen stunned Jimmy Kimmel with a scene from his new... | Business Insider
- We have some big clues about what's coming in 'Destiny 2' | Business Insider