Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trouble For Treasurys, The Technicals Tell | ZeroHedge
- Furiously Scribbling, Blood Boiling | iBankCoin.com
- Trade Ideas For Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Japan Secures Final Passage Of Secrecy Bill - Designed by Kafka & Inspired By Hitler?!! | ZeroHedge
- New Orders Drop Most Since July Led By Plunge In Defense | ZeroHedge
- GDP Q3 Second Estimate Rises to 3.6% | Financial Sense
- Gold's Best Day In 7 Weeks As Stocks Start Month Worst In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The Simple Reason Why The... | Business Insider
- Citi, Morgan Stanley Downgraded on Fed Taper Fear | TheStreet.com
- Mobile Is Poised To Upend The Payments Industry | Business Insider
- We Tried Olive Garden's New Italian-Style Burger — Here's The Verdict | Business Insider
- Here's The Infamous 1962 Document Committing Mandela To Prison... | Business Insider
- This 30MPG Jeep Could Have Been the Tesla SUV Almost | TheStreet.com