Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks with Old School Sass Today | iBankCoin.com
- Homebuilder Sentiment Soars To 9 Year High (Mortgage Apps 14-Year Low) | ZeroHedge
- What The "Porsche Indicator" Tells Us About The Greek "Recovery" | ZeroHedge
- Bond Yields Slide As Core CPI Weakest In Over 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- BofA Stopped Out Of EURUSD Short: Stolper 2.0 Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- 47% of Chinese Billionaires Want to Leave China Within 5 Years | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks to Enjoy While It’s Still Officially Summer | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama Can't Stand The Leader Of The Democratic Party [... | Business Insider
- Even Kevin Lynch's Wife Had No Idea He Was Working On The Apple... | Business Insider
- Starbucks Tests Tiny Frappuccino As Customers Demand Smaller Portion Sizes | Business Insider
- Sony Needs to Bury Its Consumer Electronics Business to Survive | TheStreet.com
- Apple Is Just One Step Away From Ending The Block On iPhone 6 In... | Business Insider
- TV Ratings Were Pretty Awful This Summer | Business Insider
- The 10 Largest US Internet IPOs Of All Time | Business Insider