Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Dumbest Move Yet: Seizing A Foreign Bank | ZeroHedge
- Zillow Said to Be Bidding for Trulia | iBankCoin.com
- Janet Yellen Hates Science | iBankCoin.com
- Iraqi Oil In Context: 60% Of OPEC Growth Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Foster’s: Australian for Breakout | iBankCoin.com
- Confused Hamas Demands Truce But Only On Its Terms | ZeroHedge
- GM Announces Another 718K Recalls, Bringing 2014 Total To Nearly 30 Million | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ben Gurion Airport Isn't The Only Place American Planes Can't Fly | Business Insider
- Mom Says Her Son Left A Wal-Mart Ice Cream Sandwich Outside For 12 Hours — And It Didn... | Business Insider
- Beyond Sweet, Salty, Bitter, And Sour: The Human Tongue Might Taste More Than 15... | Business Insider
- This Is The Chart That Has Apple Bulls Super Stoked This Morning (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Check Out The Sleek Los Angeles Headquarters Of Beats Electronics, The Company Apple... | Business Insider
- Celgene Stock Falls After Mixed Second-Quarter Earnings | TheStreet.com
- Zillow And Trulia Shares Go Bonkers On Report Of A Possible Deal | Business Insider