Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inflation Watch: $245,000 to Raise a Child in United States | ZeroHedge
- Stay on Board | Financial Sense
- Why The Casino Is Dangerous: There Is Nothing Below | ZeroHedge
- MeMoRieS OF MaRTHa'S ViNeYaRD... | ZeroHedge
- Core CPI Rises At Slowest Pace In 14 Months As Food Costs Jump | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Obama's Frightening Ferguson Fiasco | ZeroHedge
- Further Signs of China’s Slowing Property Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Player Nearly Scores From The Halfway Line 4 Seconds Into A Champions League Match | Business Insider
- As Competitors Slum It, Apple Prepares Android-Crushing iPhone 6 | TheStreet.com
- Yes, Call It a Comeback: Amicus Fabry Drug Posts Big Study Win | TheStreet.com
- How Sprint Is Planning to Turn Things Around | TheStreet.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Phil Mickelson Is An Insanely Good Tipper | Business Insider