Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: December 2 | ZeroHedge
- “Otto” Self-Driving Truck Test on Ohio Roads This Week | Financial Sense
- Chinese Developers Rethink U.S. Real Estate Projects: "I See Danger...U.S. Real Estate Is Peaking" | ZeroHedge
- After A "Run On The Pension Fund" Dallas Mayor Demands Halt Of Withdrawals | ZeroHedge
- Using Deception Technology in the Race Against Cybercrime | Financial Sense
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- Jill Stein Raises Fundraising Goal Again To $9.5MM - Almost 4 Times Her Initial Target | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- That time Ohio and Michigan fought an angry border war | Business Insider
- A restaurant-less food delivery startup beloved by tech investors delivered 1... | Business Insider
- And now for a reality check on the future of TV (T) | Business Insider
- 8 signs you're in a strong relationship — even if it doesn't feel like it... | Business Insider
- What President Trump could mean for North Korea | Business Insider
- During a 'very engaging,... | Business Insider
- A retired Navy SEAL explains how to survive a bear attack | Business Insider