Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- YAWN | iBankCoin.com
- US Economy About to Get Hit by Largest Generation in History | Financial Sense
- The War On Some Drugs | ZeroHedge
- Ignoring Tsipras Plea For Calm, Greeks Storm ATMs, Stores, Gas Stations | ZeroHedge
- Keynes, The Great Depression And The Coming Great Default | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Blockchain-based Derivative Contracts Allows Leveraged Forex Trading Where Brokers Fear to Tread Due To Grexit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Gross still thinks about PIMCO all the time | Business Insider
- If anyone can, Serena can, says Hingis | Business Insider
- Obama sent Iran message ahead of nuclear deadline: report... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs says a digital healthcare revolution is coming — and it could save... | Business Insider
- Robert Redford sees 'last chance' to fix climate | Business Insider
- Here's why Qatar Airways was named the best airline in the... | Business Insider
- There's a surprising explanation for why the SAT is... | Business Insider