Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Earnings Provide Foundational Value | Financial Sense
- What Is Good for the Dollar Is Bad for Gold | Financial Sense
- The Great White Hurricane | Financial Sense
- What's Wrong With This Picture? | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- Priebus: Take Trump Seriously When He Calls The Press "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Russians are turning on Trump | Business Insider
- 31 things I asked for — successfully — by the time I was 31 | Business Insider
- Amazon, Microsoft, and Facebook are building the future... | Business Insider
- Customers are developing new... | Business Insider
- A psychotherapist shares her favorite techniques... | Business Insider
- Architect Richard Landry shares 6 of his favorite... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider