Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
- "It's Unbearable" 50-Year-Old German Woman Rages "I Have Lost All My Trust In The State" | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Fed Tumbles (Again) - 17th Consecutive Month Of Contraction | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Best And Worst U.S. Cities To Own A House | ZeroHedge
- How To Legally Scam The Welfare System | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Bounce, Crude Crumble, & Dismal Data Slam Stocks, Bid Bonds & Bullion | ZeroHedge
- Why The Next Black Swan Will Turn Into A Flock | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 people who prove you don't have to wake up early to be successful | Business Insider
- The best Fitbit for every type of person | Business Insider
- 5 things to do today so your child will be richer tomorrow | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Here's how much money a self-made millionaire saves to continue growing... | Business Insider
- Twin brothers who turned a single house into nearly $8 million of property... | Business Insider
- Air quality in cities is getting worse | Business Insider