Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yield Curve Flashing Yellow | Financial Sense
- The Cost of Stagnation: We're Living In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- August Will Shine | iBankCoin.com
- Warren Buffett and Elon Musk to Spark a Lithium Boom | Financial Sense
- The Latest Government Trust Fund To Go Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To Planet Obama | ZeroHedge
- Gold And The Grave Dancers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Netflix composed a symphony by combining the brainwaves of eight... | Business Insider
- 10 things you should never do at a dinner party, according to a longtime... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- 5 financial gifts I hope to give my children | Business Insider
- Slain Palestinian toddler's parents, brother... | Business Insider
- Ending Calais migrants crisis is 'top... | Business Insider
- 10 countries sitting on vast oceans of oil | Business Insider