Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond/Utility Divergence Flashes Warning Sign For S&P 500 | ZeroHedge
- Why Russia Will Send More Troops to Central Asia | Financial Sense
- What Happens When A Russian Surface-To-Air Missile Launch Goes Horribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Vice Spending Slows, Unless You’ve Got the Herb | Financial Sense
- You Think Your Job Is Bad | ZeroHedge
- The Chilling Thing Blackstone Said about the Oil Bust | ZeroHedge
- Did Presidential Candidate, Marco Rubio, Make A Deal With The Devil? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Now you can get your selfies printed on your Apple Watch (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Bale, Modric to miss Atletico return leg: reports | Business Insider
- Photos of the best cosplay from 'Star Wars Celebration' | Business Insider
- Weedkiller likely cause of Nigeria 'mystery disease... | Business Insider
- The modern prison system was created in Benjamin... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Altice wins EU greenlight on Portugal Telecom buy-up | Business Insider