Covered Call Picks (ONTY,CHTP,KERX,AMRN,TSL)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CHTP||Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd||3.99||4||1||23.80%||Apr-12|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||3.11||4||0.7||20.90%||Apr-12|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.87||9||1.4||15.20%||Apr-12|
|TSL||Trina Solar Ltd||7.93||8||0.9||11.20%||Apr-12|
Oncothyreon Inc (ONTY) is currently trading at $8.74. Its 52 week range is between $3.1 and $11.59.
Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd (CHTP) is currently trading at $3.99. Its 52 week range is between $2.18 and $6.06.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $3.11. Its 52 week range is between $2.27 and $5.55.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.87. Its 52 week range is $5.99 and $19.87.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $7.93. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $30.6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap April 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
- Are The Swiss Going Crazy? $25 Minimum Wage Referendum In May | ZeroHedge
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- China Wanted Capitalism But it Also Got Strikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Syrian Rebels Are Being Armed With US-Made Anti-Tank Missiles | Business Insider
- Even the Analysts Are 'Confused' by IBM | TheStreet.com
- HTC Hired One Of The Marketing Guys Responsible For Making Samsung A Big Hit | Business Insider
- Duracell Made A Great, 2-Minute Video About The Youngest Ever People To Row Across... | Business Insider
- Top Tech And Business 'Thought Leaders... | Business Insider
- SpaceX's Second Attempt To Launch Dragon Spacecraft Was Successful | Business Insider
- SOCIAL INSIDER: Facebook Location... | Business Insider