Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Big Earnings Week Ahead | Financial Sense
- More Bubble Talk | iBankCoin.com
- SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE BALANCE SHEET ANALYSIS | iBankCoin.com
- Japan Trade Deficit Largest in History; Imports Soar, Exports Barely Up | Financial Sense
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- With Droughts and Disease Hitting Livestock Around the Globe, Animal Health Care Companies More Important Than Ever | Financial Sense
- The Middle Class In Canada Is Now Doing Better Than The Middle Class In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LIVE: Amazon Revenue Up 23% On Tripling In Prime Video Usage (AMZN) | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, AMZN, GM, KO, SBUX, P, UPS... | Business Insider
- Dem Congressman Blasts 'Lost Cause' Clarence Thomas | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Barbara Corcoran Reveals The Elements Of A Perfect... | Business Insider
- Take A Look At Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen's Incredible... | Business Insider
- 10 Stupid Selfies That Got People Arrested | Business Insider
- Brazilian Player Scores A Laser Beam Goal Into The Roof Of The Net To Win A Europa League... | Business Insider