Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Washington Post Appends "Russian Propaganda Fake News" Story, Admits It May Be Fake | ZeroHedge
- UN Agrees To Stop Reporting Iraqi Casualties After Military Complains | ZeroHedge
- The Imminent Multi-Trillion Dollar Surge In Social Security & Medicare Costs | Financial Sense
- Gallup CEO Warns: "America Inc.'s Running On Empty...And It's Too Big To Turn Around" | ZeroHedge
- December Macro Update: Employment Growth Is Decelerating | Financial Sense
- BofA Warns Trumpflation Might Break The "Buy The Dip" Trade | ZeroHedge
- Trump Taps Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt As EPA Head | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 best places to live in the US if you want to save... | Business Insider
- 5 things you may not know about retirement | Business Insider
- 50 places to travel to in 2017 | Business Insider
- Uzbekistan's new president may not be a game-changer for one... | Business Insider
- People were asked which words and phrases best describe Trump — and the... | Business Insider
- 'An inspiration to us all': Scientists and space luminaries honor famed astronaut... | Business Insider
- Amazon's grocery store of the future was predicted in... | Business Insider