Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who’s First With The Helicopters? | ZeroHedge
- German Special Forces Raid Mosque, Apartments In Crackdown On Salafists | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Skewer Trump With Barrage Of "Burns" Which He Brushes Off As "Empty Rhetoric" | ZeroHedge
- Why Real Reform Is Impossible: We Can't Believe The Mighty Titanic Could Actually Sink | ZeroHedge
- Why Pokemon Go Scares Middle Eastern Governments | Financial Sense
- Might The Donald Be Good For Peace? | ZeroHedge
- What The Sudden Spike In The TED-Spread Really Means | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary Clinton sets internet on fire with DNC appearance that was something out... | Business Insider
- Today's your last chance to save big at Patagonia’s epic... | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse made a surprise profit | Business Insider
- The 25 best law schools for landing a high-paying job at a big firm | Business Insider
- Nintendo's next console likely won't play any of your old... | Business Insider
- MICHAEL BLOOMBERG: 'I'm a New Yorker and I know a con when... | Business Insider
- A counterintuitive way to be happier on a daily basis will be the most fun... | Business Insider