Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership: Permanently Locking In The Obama Agenda For 40% Of The Global Economy | ZeroHedge
- Unemployed Americans Are Happiest In 6 Months | ZeroHedge
- Battered Biotechs Trigger First "Death Cross" In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- Total Collapse In Interest For Oil Assets: Brazil Oil Auction Is Near Complete Failure | ZeroHedge
- The Source Of The US Economy's Only Bright Spot: $1 Trillion In Car Loans | ZeroHedge
- Barry Diller: "If Trump Wins I'll Move Out Of The Country" | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Reason Saudi Arabia Hates Iran | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fiat Chrysler avoids strike with new tentative contract | Business Insider
- Philippines' boxing hero Pacquiao says close to... | Business Insider
- Israel seeks to prevent further unrest after attacks... | Business Insider
- Ex-UN General Assembly head among 6 held in bribery... | Business Insider
- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith pleads not guilty to charges... | Business Insider
- MSF seeks fact-finding mission over deadly Kunduz strike | Business Insider
- Janet Jackson, Chicago, The Cars nominated for rock hall | Business Insider