Covered Call Picks (JCP,GRPN,DDD,BBRY,SD)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||21.6||22||1.7||7.90%||March 2013|
|GRPN||Groupon Inc||5.8||6||0.5||7.90%||March 2013|
|DDD||3D Systems Corp||54.9||55||4.3||7.80%||March 2013|
|BBRY||Research In Motion Ltd||13.9||14||1.1||7.60%||March 2013|
|SD||SandRidge Energy Inc||5.88||6||0.4||6.10%||March 2013|
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.55. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $42.05.
Groupon Inc (GRPN) is currently trading at $5.8. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $20.5.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $54.89. Its 52 week range is between $20.5 and $71.98.
Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) is currently trading at $13.88. Its 52 week range is between $6.22 and $18.32.
SandRidge Energy Inc (SD) is currently trading at $5.88. Its 52 week range is between $4.81 and $8.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
- THE 1st ANNUAL iBANKCOIN LOTTERY WINNER IS… | iBankCoin.com
- What It's All About: Russia, China Begin Construction Of World's Largest Gas Pipeline | ZeroHedge
- Spain Sells First-Ever 50 Year Bonds At 4% Coupon | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
- "One Of The Defining Investment Moments Of The Next Few Years" | ZeroHedge
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Detroit Lions Player Hires Personal Chef After Getting Demoted, Loses 15 Pounds And Wins Job... | Business Insider
- A Huge Change In The Fed's Forward Guidance Could Be Coming In September (DIA, SPY,... | Business Insider
- This Startup Wants You To Control Everything In Your Home By Pointing At What You Want | Business Insider
- Apple Spies On The Media 'Using Anonymized Social Media Accounts' (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Microsoft Might Be About To Make A Giant Move Into Android Phone Software (... | Business Insider
- CHART: This Is How People Use Mobile Payments | Business Insider
- ISM Manufacturing At Highest Since March 2011 (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider