Covered Call Picks (DMND,IMAX,OVTI,CTRP,MHS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DMND||Diamond Foods Inc||24.5||25||1.7||6.90%||Mar-12|
|OVTI||Omnivision Technologies Inc||16.8||17||1||6.00%||Mar-12|
|CTRP||Ctrip.com International Ltd||24.7||25||1.5||5.90%||Mar-12|
|MHS||Medco Health Solutions Inc||64||65||3.8||5.90%||Mar-12|
Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) is currently trading at $24.5. Its 52 week range is between $21.41 and $96.13.
IMAX Corp (IMAX) is currently trading at $23.75. Its 52 week range is between $12.57 and $38.
Omnivision Technologies Inc (OVTI) is currently trading at $16.75. Its 52 week range is between $10.15 and $37.05.
Ctrip.com International Ltd (CTRP) is currently trading at $24.69. Its 52 week range is $22.02 and $50.57.
Medco Health Solutions Inc (MHS) is currently trading at $64.01. Its 52 week range is between $44.6 and $66.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia-Europe Relationship: On The Threshold Of A New Era | ZeroHedge
- Lindsey Graham Launches 2 Russian 'Hacking' Probes, Demands Trump "Toughen Tone" | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Reserves Tumble By $69 Billion, Biggest Drop Since January | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Pension Showdown: Mayor Seeks to “Target Those Who Got Rich From System” | Financial Sense
- BofA Warns Trumpflation Might Break The "Buy The Dip" Trade | ZeroHedge
- The Bottom For Uranium Stocks Is In! | ZeroHedge
- Time Urges 65 Million Americans Who Voted For Hillary Not To Pay Taxes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia has tested a nuclear-capable drone sub that could pose a strategic... | Business Insider
- The 10 most popular music videos of 2016, ranked | Business Insider
- Yes, you should be using exclamation points in your emails — here's why | Business Insider
- An advisor to Erdogan believes that foreign chefs on Turkish... | Business Insider
- Pope likens scandal-seeking media to excrement lovers | Business Insider
- Major League Baseball has more $... | Business Insider
- Israel could become a counterterrorism training hub for countries worried about... | Business Insider