Covered Call Picks (DMND,IMAX,OVTI,CTRP,MHS)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|DMND||Diamond Foods Inc||24.5||25||1.7||6.90%||Mar-12|
|OVTI||Omnivision Technologies Inc||16.8||17||1||6.00%||Mar-12|
|CTRP||Ctrip.com International Ltd||24.7||25||1.5||5.90%||Mar-12|
|MHS||Medco Health Solutions Inc||64||65||3.8||5.90%||Mar-12|
Diamond Foods Inc (DMND) is currently trading at $24.5. Its 52 week range is between $21.41 and $96.13.
IMAX Corp (IMAX) is currently trading at $23.75. Its 52 week range is between $12.57 and $38.
Omnivision Technologies Inc (OVTI) is currently trading at $16.75. Its 52 week range is between $10.15 and $37.05.
Ctrip.com International Ltd (CTRP) is currently trading at $24.69. Its 52 week range is $22.02 and $50.57.
Medco Health Solutions Inc (MHS) is currently trading at $64.01. Its 52 week range is between $44.6 and $66.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 4 Trade Ideas For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- New Gold Rush? 10 Ounces Of "Historic Nuggets" Stolen From San Francisco Museum | ZeroHedge
- Dow Bloodbath Update - Down Almost 500 Points From Friday's Highs | ZeroHedge
- LOOK AT ME: I AM BUYING U.S. STEEL | iBankCoin.com
- Jim Rogers is Wrong! | ZeroHedge
- Apple Reports Blowout Quarter Due To China Sales Surge, Cash Rises To $178 Billion: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Yuan Strengthens As Industrial Profits Plunge By Most On Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NFL Will Run An Unsettling Domestic Violence Ad Based On A Real 911 Call During... | Business Insider
- Big, Beautiful Photos Of Russia's New Tram Of The Future | Business Insider
- Yanis Varoufakis named Greece's new finance minister | Business Insider
- Advaxis: Legit Reasons to Take Another Look at Under-Appreciated Cancer Immunotherapy | TheStreet.com
- CONSUMER CONFIDENCE IS RED HOT | Business Insider
- Republicans Say 'Incompetent' Democrats Are Blowing It In A... | Business Insider
- These Terrifying Photos Of The Original Michelin Man Will Haunt Your Dreams | Business Insider