Covered Call Picks (NTAP,CLF,CSCO,NVDA,CMCSA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NTAP||NetApp Inc||35.4||35.5||1.6||4.50%||February 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||36.6||37||1||2.60%||February 2013|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||21||21||0.5||2.50%||February 2013|
|NVDA||Nvidia Corp||12.4||12.5||0.3||2.50%||February 2013|
|CMCSA||Comcast Corp||39||39||0.7||1.80%||February 2013|
NetApp Inc (NTAP) is currently trading at $35.41. Its 52 week range is between $26.26 and $46.8.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $36.61. Its 52 week range is between $28.05 and $74.43.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $20.97. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.34.
Nvidia Corp (NVDA) is currently trading at $12.43. Its 52 week range is between $11.15 and $16.9.
Comcast Corp (CMCSA) is currently trading at $38.97. Its 52 week range is between $26.93 and $40.28.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Head Of Deutsche Bank "Integrity Committee" Fired Due To "Overzealousness" | ZeroHedge
- Russian Fighter Jet Flies Within 50 Feet Of US Spy Plane Over Russian Naval Base | ZeroHedge
- Gold “Chart of The Decade” – Maths Suggest $10,000 Per Ounce Says Rickards | ZeroHedge
- Kamikaze-Kuroda & Carl Icahn Crush Facebook-Driven Stock-Feeding Frenzy | ZeroHedge
- BiLDeRBeRG NeWS... | ZeroHedge
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top NFL prospect tumbles down first round of draft after a video of him... | Business Insider
- The Lakers have a new coach | Business Insider
- How Amazon's Netflix competitor could be a success without making... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- 20 of the most bizarre things flight attendants have... | Business Insider
- This insane experiment is bringing us closer than ever to... | Business Insider
- 21 iconic photos of Kate Middleton and Prince William | Business Insider