Covered Call Picks (NTAP,CLF,CSCO,NVDA,CMCSA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NTAP||NetApp Inc||35.4||35.5||1.6||4.50%||February 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||36.6||37||1||2.60%||February 2013|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||21||21||0.5||2.50%||February 2013|
|NVDA||Nvidia Corp||12.4||12.5||0.3||2.50%||February 2013|
|CMCSA||Comcast Corp||39||39||0.7||1.80%||February 2013|
NetApp Inc (NTAP) is currently trading at $35.41. Its 52 week range is between $26.26 and $46.8.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $36.61. Its 52 week range is between $28.05 and $74.43.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $20.97. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.34.
Nvidia Corp (NVDA) is currently trading at $12.43. Its 52 week range is between $11.15 and $16.9.
Comcast Corp (CMCSA) is currently trading at $38.97. Its 52 week range is between $26.93 and $40.28.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secret TRUTH about Russia EXPOSED | ZeroHedge
- Indiana Voter Database "Riddled With Errors" Including 1,000s Of Dead Voters And Duplicate Registrations | ZeroHedge
- Never Invest In These HORRIBLE Things. Ever! | ZeroHedge
- Value of Gold - Unlike Paper Currency Gold Maintained Value Throughout Ages | ZeroHedge
- Podesta Email Reveals That Facebook COO "Wants Hillary To Win Badly" | ZeroHedge
- How One Billionaire Became A Gold Bug | ZeroHedge
- Oil Tumbles To 3 Week Lows After Unexpectedly Large Inventory Build | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wells Fargo's scandal probably never would happened if the bank listened to its whistleblowers | Business Insider
- Turkish foreign minister: Turkey is ready to launch a ground operation in Iraq 'if... | Business Insider
- It's been so long since the Cubs won the World... | Business Insider
- Tom Cruise calls Scientology a 'beautiful religion' in a new interview... | Business Insider
- The best places to eat in Mexico City | Business Insider
- MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred to meet with Cleveland Indians... | Business Insider
- Incredible photos show San Francisco's 'startup district' before the tech... | Business Insider