Covered Call Picks (NTAP,CLF,CSCO,NVDA,CMCSA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NTAP||NetApp Inc||35.4||35.5||1.6||4.50%||February 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||36.6||37||1||2.60%||February 2013|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||21||21||0.5||2.50%||February 2013|
|NVDA||Nvidia Corp||12.4||12.5||0.3||2.50%||February 2013|
|CMCSA||Comcast Corp||39||39||0.7||1.80%||February 2013|
NetApp Inc (NTAP) is currently trading at $35.41. Its 52 week range is between $26.26 and $46.8.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $36.61. Its 52 week range is between $28.05 and $74.43.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $20.97. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.34.
Nvidia Corp (NVDA) is currently trading at $12.43. Its 52 week range is between $11.15 and $16.9.
Comcast Corp (CMCSA) is currently trading at $38.97. Its 52 week range is between $26.93 and $40.28.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Walking BrainDead | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Take "Four Or Five" Executive Actions On Day One | ZeroHedge
- 5 Territorial Disputes To Watch For In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Inauguration Live Stream | ZeroHedge
- After Trump 'Slip-Up', Transition Team Confirms Jets' Owner Johnson To Be UK Ambassador | ZeroHedge
- Donald And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- "He Wants To Be Emperor" – How Mark Zuckerberg Is Scheming To Become President | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama: LGBT rights won't be reversible 'because American society has... | Business Insider
- 'Zootopia' directors: Why the movie has a special meaning after the Trump... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- A bunch of military veterans have taken over Sen. McCain's... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Watch the Obamas officially welcome the Trumps into the White House | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers jokes Trump's inauguration day will end with his... | Business Insider