Covered Call Picks (NTAP,CLF,CSCO,NVDA,CMCSA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NTAP||NetApp Inc||35.4||35.5||1.6||4.50%||February 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||36.6||37||1||2.60%||February 2013|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||21||21||0.5||2.50%||February 2013|
|NVDA||Nvidia Corp||12.4||12.5||0.3||2.50%||February 2013|
|CMCSA||Comcast Corp||39||39||0.7||1.80%||February 2013|
NetApp Inc (NTAP) is currently trading at $35.41. Its 52 week range is between $26.26 and $46.8.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $36.61. Its 52 week range is between $28.05 and $74.43.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $20.97. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.34.
Nvidia Corp (NVDA) is currently trading at $12.43. Its 52 week range is between $11.15 and $16.9.
Comcast Corp (CMCSA) is currently trading at $38.97. Its 52 week range is between $26.93 and $40.28.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If You Like Your "Boots On The Ground", Here's Even More - Obama To Send 350 Troops To Iraq | ZeroHedge
- Back To The Future | ZeroHedge
- British Pound Volatility Surges Most Since 2008 As Scottish Referendum "Yes" Vote Looms | ZeroHedge
- IQ, IP and 8 Commandments of Corporate Governance | ZeroHedge
- Saudi King Warns ISIS "Will Reach Europe In One Month, US In Two" | ZeroHedge
- Speculative Fervor Heating Up | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: September 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MLB Recently Made A Change To Its Replay System Turning It Into A Huge Money-Maker... | Business Insider
- Piers Morgan Rejects Jeff Zucker Offer, Out At CNN | Business Insider
- New Report Details The Horrific 'Ethnic Cleansing' By ISIS... | Business Insider
- New 'Walking Dead' Poster Hints At A Very Grim Season 5 Story Line | Business Insider
- Workers At Tesco, Britain's Most Disastrous... | Business Insider
- Cramer: What's Working, What's Not | TheStreet.com
- MORGAN STANLEY: The Market Could Rally For Years, And The S&P Might Go To 3,000 (SPY) | Business Insider