Covered Call Picks (NTAP,CLF,CSCO,NVDA,CMCSA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NTAP||NetApp Inc||35.4||35.5||1.6||4.50%||February 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||36.6||37||1||2.60%||February 2013|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||21||21||0.5||2.50%||February 2013|
|NVDA||Nvidia Corp||12.4||12.5||0.3||2.50%||February 2013|
|CMCSA||Comcast Corp||39||39||0.7||1.80%||February 2013|
NetApp Inc (NTAP) is currently trading at $35.41. Its 52 week range is between $26.26 and $46.8.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $36.61. Its 52 week range is between $28.05 and $74.43.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $20.97. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.34.
Nvidia Corp (NVDA) is currently trading at $12.43. Its 52 week range is between $11.15 and $16.9.
Comcast Corp (CMCSA) is currently trading at $38.97. Its 52 week range is between $26.93 and $40.28.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Services PMI Bounces But Employment Hits 33-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Stunning University Of Kansas 'Safe Space' Vs. 'Free Speech' Meeting Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- The Dying Middle-Class | ZeroHedge
- What A Commodity Trading Legend Is Buying Ahead Of The Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Will Yellen Resign If Trump Wins | ZeroHedge
- Debate Post-Mortem: Rematch Required As Commentators Split On Debate Winner, Markets Give Hillary Nod | ZeroHedge
- US Home Price Growth Slowest In A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what to do with your hands during a job interview | Business Insider
- Pentagon: We expect ISIS to use mustard gas in the fight for Mosul | Business Insider
- Here's how Elon Musk's giant new rocket system might land people on Mars | Business Insider
- 10 expert tricks to break bad habits — and replace them with good ones... | Business Insider
- Ex-Bill Clinton mistress accepts Trump's invitation... | Business Insider
- The guy who created the iPod and started Nest thinks Detroit is doing it all wrong (F, GM... | Business Insider
- Brazilian dam disaster could be this mining company’s '... | Business Insider