Covered Call Picks (NTAP,CLF,CSCO,NVDA,CMCSA)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|NTAP||NetApp Inc||35.4||35.5||1.6||4.50%||February 2013|
|CLF||Cliffs Natural Resources Inc||36.6||37||1||2.60%||February 2013|
|CSCO||Cisco Systems Inc||21||21||0.5||2.50%||February 2013|
|NVDA||Nvidia Corp||12.4||12.5||0.3||2.50%||February 2013|
|CMCSA||Comcast Corp||39||39||0.7||1.80%||February 2013|
NetApp Inc (NTAP) is currently trading at $35.41. Its 52 week range is between $26.26 and $46.8.
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF) is currently trading at $36.61. Its 52 week range is between $28.05 and $74.43.
Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO) is currently trading at $20.97. Its 52 week range is between $14.96 and $21.34.
Nvidia Corp (NVDA) is currently trading at $12.43. Its 52 week range is between $11.15 and $16.9.
Comcast Corp (CMCSA) is currently trading at $38.97. Its 52 week range is between $26.93 and $40.28.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five People Killed, At Least 40 Injured After Terrorist In SUV "Mows Down" Pedestrians In London | ZeroHedge
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- Chinese President Throws Weight Behind Israel/Palestine Peace, Two-State Solution | ZeroHedge
- An OPEC Deal Extension Isn't As Simple As It Sounds | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Denies Trying To Shelve Study That Found $125 Billion In Waste | ZeroHedge
- Markets Priced for Perfection, Sentiment Ahead of Actual Growth | Financial Sense
- Buy The F**king Terrorist Attack Dip? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Arctic and Antarctic sea ice just hit record lows — here's what would happen if all the ice... | Business Insider
- 20 stores that will let you return just about anything | Business Insider
- Anne Frank Center needles Trump after arrest of Jewish community bomb threat... | Business Insider
- OPEC's 7 'agents of influence' you need to pay attention to | Business Insider
- One of the world's largest copper mines is back online | Business Insider
- TERRY CREWS: Here's how my NFL career helped and hurt me | Business Insider
- Snapchat is proving its street cred with TV advertisers (SNAP... | Business Insider