Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Yellen Says Rate Hikes Soon As Need More Ammo "In Case Of Shock" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Your Health Insurance Payment Is About To Jump By | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Commander Killed In Falluja Airstrikes As A Familiar Face Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Syrian Al-Qaeda Linked Rebel Who Freely Visited America Last Year | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Has Finally Figured Out How To Get Washington's Attention: Lobbyists | ZeroHedge
- A Few Questions To Those Who Slam Gold | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dustin Diamond is back in jail in Wisconsin | Business Insider
- Obamacare insurers raked in $15 billion in taxpayer '... | Business Insider
- India’s weather is so hot its roads are melting | Business Insider
- This 'smart' kitchen recognizes food in your fridge, creates recipes, and cooks... | Business Insider
- How to grill the perfect steak | Business Insider
- Traditional banks may be in trouble due to digital banking | Business Insider
- Inside the boot camp that teaches... | Business Insider