Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Slide, Erase All GDP Gains | ZeroHedge
- Trade Against it for a Lucky Little Flip | iBankCoin.com
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Highest Since the 2007 Market Peak | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Explodes Higher To October 2007 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Strategy Session | iBankCoin.com
- President Obama To Explain How These New-New Sanctions Will Really Make Putin Mad - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $TLT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Wall Street's Three-Word Summary Of Everything | Business Insider
- Dollar Tree Buying Family Dollar Could Be Bad News For Coca-Cola And Clorox | Business Insider
- MICROSOFT: The Government Has A Sneaky Way Of Forcing Tech Companies To Turn Over Your... | Business Insider
- American Consumers Aren't Retail's Top Priority Anymore | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (TWTR, AAPL,... | Business Insider
- DENNIS GARTMAN: Exploding Chicken Chain Shares Stink Of A Stock Market Top (LOCO) | Business Insider
- Cisco Executive: An Internet Troll Is Ruining My Life And Now I'm Fighting Back (... | Business Insider