Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Team Responds: May Move White House Briefings To Accommodate More Than Just "Media Elite" | ZeroHedge
- Indexing Lunacy | ZeroHedge
- Cyberwarfare, Driverless Cars, and Quantum Computing - FS Insider Podcasts for Science and Tech Lovers | Financial Sense
- "They Are The Opposition Party" - Trump May Evict Press From The White House | ZeroHedge
- The (Highly Speculative) Path to $10,000 Bitcoin | Financial Sense
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 15, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- FBI Arrests Widow Of Orlando Nightclub Shooter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This 12-million-gallon 'indoor ocean' can... | Business Insider
- Tennis champion Caroline Wozniacki shares the money advice her father gave... | Business Insider
- I went to the 2017 Detroit auto show — and saw more than just cool cars | Business Insider
- Google made a brilliant pivot to turn around its self-driving car struggles | Business Insider
- Early champions of the most ubiquitous retirement plan in the US say it hasn't lived... | Business Insider
- A master chef shares his secrets to making the perfect bowl of ramen | Business Insider
- The maker of Ray Ban is merging with a rival in a €50 billion... | Business Insider