Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Has This Chart "Reached A Permanently High Plateau"? | ZeroHedge
- RuSSia: EXPoSeD To THe WoRLD'S CoNTeMPT... | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street To The Rescue?? | ZeroHedge
- THe LauNCH OF THE USS OBaMaCaRe... | ZeroHedge
- Last Sunday’s Analysis of the Biotechnology Sector At-Large | iBankCoin.com
- Martin Armstrong: Obama "Using Same Nonsense As Putin" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Needs to Sell Gas More Than EU Needs to Buy It | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Coolest 2014 Cars Under $25,000 | TheStreet.com
- The Truth About The Soda Machines At South By Southwest | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Man Sues Casino After Drunken $500K Loss | Business Insider
- President Obama Lost A Hockey Bet To Canada's Prime Minister — Now He Owes Him Two Cases Of... | Business Insider
- Vice Reporter In Crimea Challenges Russian Soldiers: 'Are You Going To Shoot Me?' | Business Insider
- The Future Of The Xbox One Rides On This New Incredibly Cool First-Person... | Business Insider