Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Consumer Sentiment Bounces Back for August | Financial Sense
- Latin America: The Clouds May Be Clearing | Financial Sense
- GaSNoST EXPLaiNeD... | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Markets Set To Surge On Global Manufacturing PMI Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
- U.S. Dominates Globe in Biofuel Production | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Falcao leads Europe transfer frenzy | Business Insider
- Here Are 10 Things That Are Right With America | Business Insider
- The Truth About Sapphire, The Insanely Hard Material Apple May Use For The iPhone 6... | Business Insider
- Sharks off the menu and on the tourist trail in Palau | Business Insider
- New CEO Of Troubled UK Supermarket Tells All 500,000... | Business Insider
- Ukraine soldiers in battle with Russian tanks in... | Business Insider
- Remembering Princess Diana: 30 Iconic Photos Of The Princess Of Wales | Business Insider