Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Obama Is Clueless On Inequality," David Stockman Rages "The Problem Is [The Fed]" | ZeroHedge
- Obama "Engages In Envy Economics": Proposes Offshore Profit Tax To Fund Public Spending | ZeroHedge
- Market Calls Fed's Bluff - Desperation Becomes Palpable | ZeroHedge
- The Official White House Terrorist Identification Chart | ZeroHedge
- ECB Threatens Athens With Bank Funding Cutoff If No Deal In One Month: February 28 Is Now D-Day For Greece | ZeroHedge
- How Ukraine Can Save China From Its Existential Threat (Spoiler Alert: Girls) | ZeroHedge
- 16% Of Global Government Bonds Now Have A Negative Yield: Here Is Who's Buying It | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NFL draft experts hated the draft that turned the Seahawks into the best team in the league | Business Insider
- Marriages fail when couples get stuck in these 2 toxic relationship dynamics | Business Insider
- Three reasons why lower oil prices won't lead to a 'deflationary spiral... | Business Insider
- I'm ready to love Windows again (MSFT) | Business Insider
- What impressed me most about the iPhone 6 Plus is something no one really talks... | Business Insider
- Sicilian judge Sergio Mattarella elected Italian... | Business Insider
- Marshawn Lynch is about to get a massive raise 3 months after it looked like he was... | Business Insider