Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart Of The Day: For Caterpillar The "Great Recovery" Is Just As Bad As The Great Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Hints at Detrimental Fed Action | Financial Sense
- GM Announces Another 718K Recalls, Bringing 2014 Total To Nearly 30 Million | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- This Is What A 8900% 1-Day Profit Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- Biotech Investors "Fight The Fed" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A San Francisco Startup Has Plans To Blow Up The Egg Industry | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Here's Why The EU Still Won't Approve Tough Sanctions On Russia | Business Insider
- This Is What 114,500 Tons Of Scrap Looks Likes | Business Insider
- What It's Like To Eat At The Ledbury, The Best Restaurant In London [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- Women Are Already Underrepresented On Major Film Crews, And The Numbers Are... | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Asked People To Invest In His Mystery Product Finally... | Business Insider