Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CBO Thinks Millions Of Americans Aren't Going To Sign Up For Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- I Blame The Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Confidence In Central Planning Saved With Last Second All Time High Ramp | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
- U.S. Warms to Clean Energy | Financial Sense
- The Fed Will Have Few Tools Available When the Next Collapse Hits | ZeroHedge
- NATO Releases Satellite Imagery "Proof" That Russia Has Invaded Ukraine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Texas A&M's New $20-Million Football Complex Looks Amazing, And They Can... | Business Insider
- 23 Tech Rock Stars Who Went To Harvard | Business Insider
- Private Equity Funds Could Come To Your 401k Plans As Soon As Next Year | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ)... | Business Insider
- BOOM: PENDING HOME SALES JUMP (XHB) | Business Insider
- Sharapova into US Open third round | Business Insider