Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Mystery Of Surging Q3 GDP Explained And Why Americans Are Suddenly $80 Billion "Poorer" | ZeroHedge
- The 'Modest' Economic Implications Of Obama's Immigration Policy Changes | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- THE TURKEY GODS ARE HERE | iBankCoin.com
- How The World's Most Leveraged Hedge Fund Got Away With Insider Trading | ZeroHedge
- 2,200 National Guard Troops To Be Deployed In Ferguson Tonight, Up From 700 | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Has Moved to Scandinavia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 11 Most Underrated Ski Resorts In America | Business Insider
- Juncker unveils massive EU investment plan | Business Insider
- Who Needs Thanksgiving? Black Friday Sales Are Soaring Overseas | TheStreet.com
- Shoppers Increase Spending On Experiences, Instead of Goods for Holidays | TheStreet.com
- The Unofficial Goldman Sachs Holiday Gift Guide For 2014 | Business Insider
- Aaron Rodgers Watches Packers TV Broadcasts To Look For Weaknesses In His Game | Business Insider
- OBAMA: 'This Is Not Just An Issue For Ferguson, This Is An Issue For... | Business Insider