Covered Call Picks (GMCR,KERX,HLF,KORS,NFLX)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $48.94. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $6.73. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $9.98.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $35.79. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $55.87. Its 52 week range is between $31.75 and $60.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $184.41. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $177.89.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Furious Sanders Supporters, Angry Media, Blistering Chaos Marks First Day Of Democratic Convention | ZeroHedge
- Did Verizon Just Signal The Top? | ZeroHedge
- "Credible Evidence" Shows Turkish Authorities Raped And Tortured Detainees Since 'Failed' Coup | ZeroHedge
- The Blind Leading The Clueless | ZeroHedge
- Wasserman Schultz: "I Am Not Going To Gavel In The Convention" | ZeroHedge
- "Bigger Than Brexit?" | ZeroHedge
- "Central Bankers Are Killing Capitalism" Odey Warns, Moving Politics "Fast To Extremes" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a surprising limit to how much the human stomach can hold | Business Insider
- THE BLOCKCHAIN REPORT: Why the technology behind Bitcoin is seeing widespread investment and early... | Business Insider
- These are the best luggage brands | Business Insider
- The 55 buildings in New York City you need to see in your lifetime | Business Insider
- Cut scene from 'Star Wars: The Force... | Business Insider
- The Fed is about take action against Goldman Sachs... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek