Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Exactly Like 7 Years Ago? 2014 Is Turning Out To Be Eerily Similar To 2007 | ZeroHedge
- All About Silver & Gold | iBankCoin.com
- James Clapper Begins Propaganda Tour After Students Identify Edward Snowden As "Personal Hero" | ZeroHedge
- Why Caterpillar Just Blew Away Earnings Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yield Curve Collapses At Fastest Pace In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- Let’s See Where the Stupid NASDAQ is at 3:59pm | iBankCoin.com
- HSBC China PMI Indicates 4th Month Of Contraction As Yuan Weakens To Fresh 16 Months Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TIM COOK: We've Never Been Closer Than We Are Right Now To Releasing New Products (... | Business Insider
- After Years Of Rapid Growth, US Mobile Payment Adoption Slows | Business Insider
- Shaq's LinkedIn Profile Is Perfect | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon Has A New Service That Will Deliver 45 Pounds Of Groceries For A Flat Fee (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The First Thing Every Bond Investor Needs To Consider | Business Insider
- 'Game Of Thrones' Author George R.R. Martin Explains How A... | Business Insider