Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Every Banker On Wall Street Suddenly Wants To Be Jefferies' Managing Director Sage Kelly | ZeroHedge
- Kill The Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- How Well Does the CPI Measure Individuals’ Health Care Burden? | Financial Sense
- A Day After Tim Cook's Veiled Threats, ApplePay Alternative Gets Hacked | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- King Dollar Eating Everyone Else for Breakfast | iBankCoin.com
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- 5 Things You Need To Do If You're In Customer Service | Business Insider
- Ex-Apple Supplier Says A Soured Deal With Apple Forced It Into Bankruptcy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Fed Is Taking Away The Punch Bowl — Here's What Usually Happens To Stocks When... | Business Insider
- Check Out The New Boeing Dreamliner Richard Branson... | Business Insider
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state | Business Insider
- Here Comes Europe's Unemployment and Inflation... | Business Insider