Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Recession Odds Spike To 37%, JPM Calculates, Highest Yet For This Cycle | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Maps Depict Collapse Of Obamacare "Coverage" In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 25, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Meditation May Be the Key to Becoming a Better Investor | ZeroHedge
- Why Is FaceBook Funding "Anti-Fed" Activists | ZeroHedge
- Mugabe Orders Arrest Of "Rats We Call Athletes" After Zimbabwe Wins No Olympic Medals | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon is opening another bookstore and this one is in Chicago (AMZN) | Business Insider
- 30 life skills every functioning adult should master | Business Insider
- The new 'Legend of Zelda' game footage shows off some of... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- The EpiPen isn’t the only drug Mylan’s been increasing... | Business Insider
- Why Taylor Swift is skipping the MTV VMAs this year | Business Insider
- Google just hired an Airbnb exec to commercialize its self... | Business Insider