Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Spy Technology to Spawn Oil Revolution | Financial Sense
- An In Depth Look At The US Labor Markets | ZeroHedge
- What The Russian (And Chinese) Papers Are Saying About Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Prospecting with Chess Gint | iBankCoin.com
- ADP Tumbles: Huge Miss To Expectations, Prior Data All Revised Lower, "Winter Weather" Blamed | ZeroHedge
- Crimea May (Or May Not) Be Part Of Russia As Of This Moment | ZeroHedge
- Question Everything, Believe Nothing - Chapter One - Suspending Disbelief | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millennials Use Coupons More Than Their Parents | Business Insider
- Hackers Can Infect Your Computer Even If It's Not Connected To The Internet | Business Insider
- Joel McHale Spoofs How No One Can Understand What They're Saying On... | Business Insider
- ‘Powerful Questions' Are Key To Being A Better Manager | Business Insider
- The Ultimate Gentleman's Guide To Starting A Watch Collection | Business Insider
- 19 Things America Does Better Than The Rest Of The World | Business Insider
- Apple's Share Of... | Business Insider