Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Casino Is Dangerous: There Is Nothing Below | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Beheads Captured American Journalist, Threatens To Kill Another | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Forget to Take Profits | iBankCoin.com
- About to Put Some Money to Work | iBankCoin.com
- Volume Collapse Sparks 5th Day In A Row Of Nasdaq Gains As Oil Plunges | ZeroHedge
- A Brief History Of US Money | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Trade Deficit Streak Hits 40 Months, Biggest Miss Since October | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- After-Hours... | StreetInsider.com
- The Golf Business Is Terrible (DKS) | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 9 Tricks Casinos Use To Make You Spend More Money | Business Insider
- The Real Reason This Ebola Outbreak Is So Big | Business Insider
- These Maps Tracking 'Botched' Raids Show The Troubling Law... | Business Insider