Covered Call Picks (GMCR,JCP,DDD,KORS,HLF)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR) is currently trading at $43.28. Its 52 week range is between $17.11 and $71.15.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $21.01. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
3D Systems Corp (DDD) is currently trading at $62. Its 52 week range is between $18.93 and $71.98.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $57.47. Its 52 week range is between $29.32 and $60.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $38.67. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Risk Crashes To 2-Year Lows As VIX Shorts Fold | ZeroHedge
- "Hillary 2016" Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Medical Care Costs Are Skyrocketing! | Financial Sense
- Everything You Need to Know About The Debate - Event Details, Rules, Scandals... | ZeroHedge
- The Obama Gun "Super Owner" - New Study Finds 50% Of Guns Owned By Just 3% Of Population | ZeroHedge
- Hillary, Trump "In Dead Heat" WaPo Finds, As Latest Poll Gives Trump 1 Point Lead Ahead Of Debate | ZeroHedge
- America's 24/7 Circus Maximus | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to get your boss to say yes to your ideas | Business Insider
- 9 of the most ridiculous things people have put on their résumés | Business Insider
- I've been a wealth advisor for 20 years — here are... | Business Insider
- White House staff share somber details of how Hillary Clinton coped with the Monica... | Business Insider
- 'Hillary, you're bought and paid for': Clinton... | Business Insider
- Here's what Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump... | Business Insider
- Tell us about the worst job interview mistake you've ever made... | Business Insider