Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Duterte Warns Trump: "That Guy Kim Simply Wants To End The World" | ZeroHedge
- Tesla's Musk Aspires to Create "Counter for Skynet" | ZeroHedge
- Female Circumcision is Not the Only Genital Mutilation That Needs to be Stopped | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns The Gap Between Stock Investors' Hopes & Reality Is Close To An All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- You Can't Buy Love... But You Can Rent It | ZeroHedge
- These Are The 10 Worst (And Best) Jobs In America | ZeroHedge
- How Bitcoin, The Internet, and The Startup Societies Foundation Got One Man Out of Venezuela | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fyre Festival expectations vs. reality — here's what attendees... | Business Insider
- 16 facts that show why bottled water is one of the biggest scams of the century | Business Insider
- RANKING: We tried all of Chick-fil-A's sauces — and the winner is clear | Business Insider
- The Marine Corps is testing a machine gun-wielding robot... | Business Insider
- This graph shows how much money you can earn from each college major | Business Insider
- We visited J. Crew's flagship store and saw why the brand is in trouble | Business Insider
- EU President Donald Tusk: UK needs to sort out '... | Business Insider