Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Is Really Driving Gold? | ZeroHedge
- North Carolina Man's Obituary "Respectfully Asks That You Not Vote For Hillary In 2016" | ZeroHedge
- Multibillion Hedge Fund Manager: "Ultimately QE Will Fail; US And China Might Enter Recession At The Same Time" | ZeroHedge
- I ENDEAVOR TO LIVE THE LINDZON LIFESTYLE | iBankCoin.com
- Small Business Optimism: A Nine-Month Low | Financial Sense
- Why Russia Will Send More Troops to Central Asia | Financial Sense
- The S(chizophrenic) & P(sychotic) 500 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung has taken the drastic step of hiding its company name... | Business Insider
- China's Xi heads to Islamabad to unveil $46... | Business Insider
- S. Africa vows crackdown against anti-immigrant attacks | Business Insider
- Mark Hamill felt forced into returning for 'Star Wars... | Business Insider
- US sends carrier to Yemen with eye on Iran convoy | Business Insider
- Sugary, shipwrecked champagne reveals history of... | Business Insider
- The IMF's scary warning about the bond market might not be scary enough | Business Insider