Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shocking Anti-Islam Ad Campaign Coming To New York City Buses And Subways | ZeroHedge
- The Silver Paradox In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Silver Buyers Keep Stacking And Demand Higher ... Yet Prices Fall | ZeroHedge
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other | ZeroHedge
- Fear And Loathing In Scotland – Why The "NO"s Won & Lessons Learned From The Vote | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Here's What The "Super-Rich" Are Rushing To Buy | ZeroHedge
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- You Won't Even Know These Facebook Drones Are In the Sky | Business Insider
- IBM Is Using An Unusual New Tactic To Retrain Its Employees Instead Of Laying Them... | Business Insider
- Oops! Joan Rivers Promotes iPhone 6 In Pre-Scheduled Social... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Olympic Committee chief demands 'sustainable' Games | Business Insider
- We Always Wondered How Subway Cars Are Built, So We Went To Yonkers To Find Out | Business Insider