Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Timestamp Fraud": A Rigged Market Explained In One Simple Animation | ZeroHedge
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
- It's Time To Retire Gross Domestic Product As A Measure of Prosperity | ZeroHedge
- The 5 Faces Of Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Consumer Spending: A Positive Surprise! | Financial Sense
- Weekend Video Analysis 04/19/14 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GM CEO Mary Barra Launches Product Integrity Group | TheStreet.com
- The Simple Reason Why Steroid Testing Isn't Completely To Blame For The Lack Of Scoring... | Business Insider
- PAYMENTS INSIDER: PayPal On NFC — Wal-Mart Remittances — Worldpay... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Here Are Sample Questions From The Redesigned SAT | Business Insider
- The 25 Best Neighborhoods For Young People | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIDER: Twitter To... | Business Insider