Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Building Explodes, Collapses In Manhattan, Multiple Injuries Reported - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Imposes Naval Blockade On Red Sea Strait, Deploys 150,000 Troops As Iran Condemns Military Action | ZeroHedge
- The US Housing Bubble In One Chart: Home Prices Outpace Wage Growth 13:1 | ZeroHedge
- Montreal Students Clash With Riot Police In Austerity Protests | ZeroHedge
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tumble As Yemen War Starts; Oil, Gold Surges | ZeroHedge
- EVERYONE LOSES | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's magic Internet balloons made a joke cameo at today's Facebook event | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch screen is totally different to what's in your... | Business Insider
- Students at this alternative NYC high school get jobs, not grades | Business Insider
- England's Richard III finally gets burial fit for a... | Business Insider
- You can watch Premier League football for free with BT's super cheap new... | Business Insider
- Google chairman Eric Schmidt is baffled: There's 'something about tech... | Business Insider
- Facebook's new virtual reality game will make you feel like you're in '... | Business Insider