Covered Call Picks (OCZ,STP,MLNX,JAG,SQNM)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
OCZ Technology Group Inc (OCZ) is currently trading at $1.99. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $10.05.
Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP) is currently trading at $1.74. Its 52 week range is between $0.71 and $4.4.
Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX) is currently trading at $51.69. Its 52 week range is between $30.55 and $120.05.
Jaguar Mining Inc (JAG) is currently trading at $0.93. Its 52 week range is between $0.58 and $7.35.
Sequenom Inc (SQNM) is currently trading at $4.15. Its 52 week range is between $2.65 and $5.83.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Red Flag: Growth In Fast Food Visits Has Hit A Wall | ZeroHedge
- TRUMPism and political multi-culturalism post Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: World Facing High Probability of Panic Deflation | Financial Sense
- The Last Time Bonds Were Here, The Recession Started | ZeroHedge
- Shadow Fed Funds Rate Says Sell US Equities | Financial Sense
- "People Need To Know The Real Hillary Clinton And How Dangerous She Is" | ZeroHedge
- "Back Into The Hurricane" - Doug Casey Warns "Gold Will Go Higher Than Most People Can Imagine" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kellogg's is opening a restaurant that charges more than $7 for a bowl of... | Business Insider
- A world champion of public speaking uses this 5-step process to prepare for... | Business Insider
- Nike is facing 3 major challenges to its business | Business Insider
- Facebook wants to expand its campus into a sleek public village (FB) | Business Insider
- Silicon Valley is obsessed with building utopian cities of the future | Business Insider
- What staff at the White House think about Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump... | Business Insider
- 'Leave' voters were not as stupid as David Cameron wanted them to be | Business Insider