Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Arabia Just Cut Crude Selling Prices To The US, Europe And Asia | ZeroHedge
- Oversold Extremes and the Case for an October Low | Financial Sense
- “Fear Trade” Alert—Again | Financial Sense
- Is It Over Yet? | ZeroHedge
- How China's Currency Policies Will Change the World | Financial Sense
- Initial Jobless Claims Jumps Most In 2 Months - Unchanged Since End Of QE3 | ZeroHedge
- California Judge Grants Class-Action Status To Uber Drivers' Suit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This photo of Obama staring down a melting glacier is a dramatic sounding of the alarm on... | Business Insider
- Barclays has two blockchain 'labs' in London and is planning 45... | Business Insider
- Stricken Fish reaches end of the road | Business Insider
- Alibaba's cofounders are using company stock to... | Business Insider
- These are the 7 emerging cartels Mexico just recognized | Business Insider
- SEC's title hopes may rest on an influx of new... | Business Insider
- IMF: China, tumbling commodity prices threaten world... | Business Insider