Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- White Anger: Fed Helped Elect Trump; Tale of Two Job Markets | Financial Sense
- Meet the 2017 FOMC | Financial Sense
- Our "Gaslight" Economy | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Pension Showdown: Mayor Seeks to “Target Those Who Got Rich From System” | Financial Sense
- The Ultimate "Fake News" List | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Maneuvers to Escape Its Dollar Trap | Financial Sense
- Global Equity Euphoria Prepares To Meet Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Pakistan International Airlines passenger plane has crashed en... | Business Insider
- South Korea's parliament has voted to impeach... | Business Insider
- One brutal table from McKinsey shows how... | Business Insider
- Starbucks is selling this smart mug that lets you control your... | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- HILLARY CLINTON: The 'epidemic of malicious fake news' is a '... | Business Insider
- Matt Lauer presses Trump about 'SNL': Wouldn't it 'be better for you to simply... | Business Insider