Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What the New SEC Money Market Fund Regulations Mean for the Financial System | Financial Sense
- Jack Lew Furious After Europe Set To Hit Apple With "Largest Tax Penalty Ever" | ZeroHedge
- As Vancouver's Housing Market Implodes, Furious Chinese Envoy Slams Real Estate Tax | ZeroHedge
- What If Only Taxpayers Voted? | ZeroHedge
- Huma Adebin Announces Separation From Anthony Weiner After Latest Sexting Scandal | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Fischer Speaks, Says Rate Decision Not "One And Done" As He "Takes Markets Into Account" | ZeroHedge
- Norway Raids Sovereign Wealth Fund To Cover Government Expenses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bridgewater just released a series of videos that looks like something Facebook or... | Business Insider
- This soundbar is one of the best buys for your home theater, and today it’s on sale | Business Insider
- The Democratic National Committee has embraced an app that Edward Snowden says he uses every... | Business Insider
- Why an emblematic American city has turned to Trump... | Business Insider
- 2 Chicago men charged in shooting of Nykea... | Business Insider
- Scientists uncovered a 66.3-million-year-old dinosaur... | Business Insider
- I waited in line for 9 hours to see 'Hamilton' — here's what it... | Business Insider