Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: The State Causes The Poverty It Later Claims To Solve | ZeroHedge
- And the Winner Is… | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- China October Gold Imports Surge To Second Highest Ever | ZeroHedge
- Number of Banks and Percentage of Problem Banks Over Time | Financial Sense
- The 9 Words Every Democratic Congressman Dreads | ZeroHedge
- Analysts Line Up to Declare “Decline & Fall” of Gold After 2.6% Tumble | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Will Be The 10 Hottest American Housing Markets In 2014 | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The Awesome Absurdity Of The Lions-Eagles Snow Game In One... | Business Insider
- Kristen Wiig Returns To 'SNL' To Parody 'The Sound Of Music' | Business Insider