Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Curse Of "Wealth Effects" Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 1, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- World's Most Systemically Dangerous Bank Crashes Back To Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- 'Elites' Called To Arms: "It's Time To Rise Up Against The Ignorant Masses" | ZeroHedge
- Commerzbank To Cut Over 100 Bankers In NYC | ZeroHedge
- Driver Of Self-Driving Tesla Was Watching Harry Potter At Moment Of Death | ZeroHedge
- If The UK Economy Tanks, Don't Blame Brexit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 27 travel hacks that even frequent fliers don't know | Business Insider
- 17 of the best bottomless brunches in New York City | Business Insider
- Scientists predict that summers in New York City could claim thousands of lives... | Business Insider
- The cool reason celebrities are wearing this scarf | Business Insider
- The US has fewer digital bank challengers... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (YHOO, VIAB, CMG) | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (spy, spx, qqq, dia, tsla, hsbc, bcs, nke, aapl) | Business Insider