Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Seth Klarman On "Born Bulls", Bitcoin, & "The Truman Show" Market | ZeroHedge
- Market Does What It Wants to Do | Financial Sense
- Anticipating Friday’s Employment Report | Financial Sense
- Previewing Today's 1.5 Million Payrolls Seasonal Adjustment | ZeroHedge
- Looking Past Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Profit Taking in Metals After Eight Consecutive Weeks of Rising Prices | Financial Sense
- Russia Threatens Retaliation To Sanctions, Announces Support For Crimean Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Silicon Valley 100 2014: A-Z | Business Insider
- The Deadliest Fraternity In The US Just Banned Its Secret Initiation Rituals | Business Insider
- The Guy Who Skydived From Outer Space Is Becoming A Race Car Driver | Business Insider
- Victoria's Secret Is Opening In China — But Not To Sell Lingerie | Business Insider
- A US Destroyer Is Joining The Search For The Missing Malaysia Airlines 777... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Truth About 'The Most Interesting Man In The World' | Business Insider