Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 5 | ZeroHedge
- A Day In The Life Of A Falling BRIC | ZeroHedge
- ECB Keeps Rates Unchanged, QE Details To Come Shortly | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- The Second Round of the Crisis Will DWARF 2008 In Size and Scope | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: Recession Dead Ahead? | ZeroHedge
- Buffett On Europe: Germany Must Stop Greek Dog Peeing On Its Carpet | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 114-year-old college that's closing its doors may have to give... | Business Insider
- Skeleton statue unveiled in London's Trafalgar Square | Business Insider
- Facing storm, Clinton calls for release of her emails | Business Insider
- US Ambassador to South Korea attacked by activist with razor blade | Business Insider
- France braces for ticking off over smacking children | Business Insider
- This 5-minute presentation will convince you that Amazon is screwed (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider