Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Early Q3 Earnings Not Driving the Market | Financial Sense
- Is China the Next Sub-Prime Event? | ZeroHedge
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- How Japanese Hyperinflation Starts (In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Carl Icahn: "The Fed Turned This Market Around Here" | ZeroHedge
- MaY THe FaRCe Be WiTH You... | ZeroHedge
- CPI Prints Smallest Possible Increase In September Even As Beef Prices Surge 17% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Bulls Are Back in Charge | TheStreet.com
- Rossi aims to cement second MotoGP spot in Sepang | Business Insider
- Here’s One Reason Why Apple Is Not Giving Up On The iPad Despite Its Dropping Sales... | Business Insider
- REPORT: At Least 11 Banks Are About To Fail Europe... | Business Insider
- Ebola death toll rises to almost 4,900 | Business Insider
- Woman charged after baby corpses found in Canada... | Business Insider
- Take A Rare Peek Inside The Massive Data Centers That Power Google | Business Insider