Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- Swiss Yes Vote Possible - First “Gold Rush” Of 21st Century? | ZeroHedge
- Why Millennials Still Live at Home (It Isn’t Jobs, Student Debt, or Housing) | Financial Sense
- "Panicking" Ukrainians Face Soaring Prices, Warn "Inflation Is War" | ZeroHedge
- HAHAHAHA- YOU PEOPLE HAVE DONE LOST YOUR MINDS | iBankCoin.com
- Crude Carnage Continues After Close: WTI Now $65 Handle, Lowest Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- S&P 500 Set for Six Straight Weeks of Gains as Airlines Fly | TheStreet.com
- How To Use Google To Keep Track Of Your Online Shopping... | Business Insider
- Taiwan votes in key elections ahead of presidential polls... | Business Insider
- Seth Rogen's Family Lied To Him About Why They Didn't Celebrate Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- What the Collapse of the OPEC Cartel Means for Oil Prices | TheStreet.com
- A Cashier At The Whole Foods I Just Went To Says No One Uses Apple Pay | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch Has A Feature Called 'Complications' (AAPL... | Business Insider