Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
- What Is Good for the Dollar Is Bad for Gold | Financial Sense
- Why Global GDP Is Converging Towards 1% | Financial Sense
- White House May Change Calculation Of US Trade Deficit, Boosting Trade War Odds | ZeroHedge
- Put Up Or Shut Up: Judicial Watch Sues FBI, NSA, CIA For Flynn Records | ZeroHedge
- Characteristics of a Good Listener | Altucher Confidential
- The Mother Of All Financial Bubbles: "This Is The Very Definition Of Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A top New York City chef shows how to make the perfect burger | Business Insider
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider
- Why the Nazis studied American race laws for inspiration | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Mark Cuban appears to troll Trump by wearing No 46 in NBA's All... | Business Insider
- These are the 4 best sound bars you can buy | Business Insider
- A big property landlord is fighting back and suing Airbnb | Business Insider