Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Why Hedge Funds Remain The Worst Performing Asset Class Of 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Traveling Circus | ZeroHedge
- Charlotte Police Release Mugshots Of Captured Looters As Protests Continue For Fifth Night | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare "Death Spiral" Looms As Co-Op Losses Mount | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- If You're A Kid Living In New Orleans, Move To Salt Lake City! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on healthcare | Business Insider
- Packers exploited a little-known rule with an ingenious play on a... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump unleashes on 'dopey' Mark Cuban, threatens to seat ex... | Business Insider
- ROSENBERG: 'The Fed seems willing to play with fire... | Business Insider
- Why this biotech startup is going after rare neurological... | Business Insider
- Here are the 9 most influential people on Wall Street | Business Insider
- Here's how coffee could save the US from another... | Business Insider