Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- James Simons – Mathematics, Common Sense, and Good Luck | iBankCoin.com
- Multiple Reports: Ukrainian Fighter Jets Were with Malaysian Flight 17 When It Was Shot Down | ZeroHedge
- Tapering Is Now Tightening | Financial Sense
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- Forget What They Say And Watch What They Do | ZeroHedge
- LiBYa: MiSSiNG Me NoW? | ZeroHedge
- Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fixed, An App That Just Raised $1.2 Million, Fights Your Parking Tickets For You... | Business Insider
- Warner Bros. Showed A 'Batman V Superman' Teaser Trailer At Comic... | Business Insider
- Buzzfeed Cans Editor After Uncovering '40 Instances' Of Plagiarism | Business Insider
- Facebook Blows Away Earnings Estimates: Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- Russian Rebels Involved In Shooting Down MH17 Were From... | Business Insider
- Marvel Is About To Dominate Comic-Con With A Stream Of Its 'Avengers'... | Business Insider
- This Is What It Is Like To Race $10,000 Lawn Mowers In Texas [PHOTOS... | Business Insider