Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Law Of The Jungle Is Far Superior To The Ideology Of Globalism | ZeroHedge
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- Great Graphic: How the US Recovery Stacks Up | Financial Sense
- Democrats Question "Loyalty To US" Of "Treasonous, Traitor" Trump | ZeroHedge
- Stop Drinking The Kool-Aid, America: Political Fiction In An Age Of Televised Lies | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Hacked DNC Voicemails During Convention Speeches | ZeroHedge
- Twitter Plummets After Slashing Q3 Outlook | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Joe Biden just delivered the most ferocious takedown of Donald Trump... | Business Insider
- How to dress for a date when it's miserably hot outside | Business Insider
- 11 psychological tricks restaurants use to make you spend more money | Business Insider
- From 'Daria' to 'Cribs' — here's... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham and America Ferrera slammed Donald Trump in a DNC speech: 'He's... | Business Insider
- A psychologist explains why complaining can make your life and... | Business Insider