Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece's New FinMin Explains "This Is What Happens When You Humiliate A Nation & Give It No Hope" | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Franc Tumbles Then Soars, On Suspected Failed SNB Intervention | ZeroHedge
- Preview of January FOMC Meeting and Beyond | ZeroHedge
- Art Cashin On The Anniversary Of The Unsolved Murder Of A Banker With "Too Many Enemies" | ZeroHedge
- S&P Cuts Russia To Junk, Ruble Plunges To 6-Week Lows - Full Text | ZeroHedge
- The Importance of Owning Stocks | Financial Sense
- The Next "Tom Stolper" Has An FX Reco For You: Buy USDJPY | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Snapchat Spent $51 Million On The Company Behind Its Cool New QR Codes | Business Insider
- FBI Agent Explains How Russia's Foreign Spy Operations... | Business Insider
- Here's What Celebrities Wore On The SAG Awards Red Carpet | Business Insider
- 20 Of The Safest Cities In The World | Business Insider
- Republicans Say 'Incompetent' Democrats Are Blowing It In A... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The 15 Hottest Tech Companies In Cambridge | Business Insider