Covered Call Picks (MCP,NFLX,FB,LCC,BBY)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
Molycorp Inc (MCP) is currently trading at $8.78. Its 52 week range is between $5.75 and $35.79.
Netflix Inc (NFLX) is currently trading at $103.44. Its 52 week range is between $52.81 and $133.43.
Facebook Inc (FB) is currently trading at $30.95. Its 52 week range is between $17.55 and $45.
US Airways Group Inc (LCC) is currently trading at $14.67. Its 52 week range is between $5.81 and $15.5.
Best BUY Co Inc (BBY) is currently trading at $14.48. Its 52 week range is between $11.2 and $27.95.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch These Geopolitical Flashpoints Carefully | ZeroHedge
- "If They Want To Blow It Up, They Can" - How Republicans Can Hobble Healthcare Without Repeal | ZeroHedge
- Priebus, Price Blamed For Healthcare Failure: NYT | ZeroHedge
- Why Middle Class Whites Are Dying Faster (In 6 Painful Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Shuts Down Conspiracy Theorist Louise Mensch And MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Over Islam – Twice! | ZeroHedge
- Trump = Obama = Bush = Clinton On 4 Core Issues | ZeroHedge
- "Much Worse Than Watergate", Former CIA Officer Admits Trump 'Wiretapping' Likely True | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What allegedly happens inside Scientology's notorious '... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Another oil glut is coming in 2018 | Business Insider
- 13 rules for using commas without looking like an idiot | Business Insider
- $1.4 BILLION HEDGE FUND: 'We are now in the early part of a... | Business Insider
- 30,000 take to the streets of... | Business Insider
- Trump will look to recover from his worst week yet as president | Business Insider
- Here's how much money Wall Street banks have made advising on deals so far... | Business Insider