Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- Clinton's Plan For Millennials: Loan Forgiveness | ZeroHedge
- The FED Finds a Good Excuse to Extend and Pretend Through Brexit | ZeroHedge
- 'Elites' Called To Arms: "It's Time To Rise Up Against The Ignorant Masses" | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Today's Main Event: David Cameron Arrives In Brussels | ZeroHedge
- What's Driving This Ramp? The Biggest Short Squeeze In 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- Rotten To The Core | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I couldn't get this speaker to die after repeatedly and... | Business Insider
- The actor who plays Luke Skywalker made a joke and fans are worried he... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn launches programmatic buying for display ads (MSFT, LNKD... | Business Insider
- These 5 tech CEOs love AI, even if it could take over the world someday | Business Insider
- Puerto Rico debt-relief bill passes Congress, heads to Obama's desk... | Business Insider
- The Steelers practice a strange workout where they hurl giant medicine... | Business Insider
- Obama on the Brexit vote: Don’t panic | Business Insider