Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Now We 'Know' Greek Banks Are Really In Trouble | ZeroHedge
- Unanimous Fed Remains "Patient" On Target To Normalize Rates, Expects Lower Inflation - Full Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
- Greece At The Crossroads: The Oligarchs Blew It | ZeroHedge
- Tighten Those Chin Straps Folks Because Here Comes a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly (RUD) | ZeroHedge
- HEADING TO THE SUN IN A CAR MADE FROM DYNAMITE STICKS | iBankCoin.com
- Central Banks and Economic Reports Keep Bull Market Alive | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks Drop 3rd Day In A Row On Margin Crackdown As Yuan Tumbles To Record Discount Versus Fix | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Man Who Worked For Amazon And Microsoft Explains How The Two Companies... | Business Insider
- The Seahawks' Biggest Advantage Over The Rest Of The NFL Is About To Go... | Business Insider
- Mercedes-Benz Tells Us How The Super Bowl Gives The... | Business Insider
- Shell announces profit fall on sliding oil prices | Business Insider
- IS issues new threat to kill Jordanian pilot | Business Insider
- Tom Brady's Diet Is So Strict That He Eats Avocado-Based Ice Cream As A Treat | Business Insider
- AirAsia co-pilot at controls when plane crashed | Business Insider