Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Foreign Staff, Dozens Of Students Trapped Inside American University In Afghanistan After Gunmen Storm Campus | ZeroHedge
- Oil Headwinds Become Tailwinds | Financial Sense
- Is the UK Economy Doing Better Post-Brexit? | Financial Sense
- Three Political Risks to Watch Out for Post-US Election | Financial Sense
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- TRoLL MaGaZiNe | ZeroHedge
- How To Trade Jackson Hole: These 3 Currencies Will Move Most To Yellen's Statement | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google plans to shut down non-Chrome access to Chrome apps (... | Business Insider
- 6 burning questions we still need answered on 'Making a Murderer' season 2 | Business Insider
- The maker of the EpiPen is tanking after it was called out for hiking the... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Why the price of prescription drugs in the US is out of control (MYL) | Business Insider
- The Pentagon's largest weapons supplier landed a deal that could net $10... | Business Insider
- US Soldier killed by IED in Afghanistan | Business Insider