Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget What They Say And Watch What They Do | ZeroHedge
- China Cements Eurasian Trade Routes With Great Silk Road Revival: The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Hints at Detrimental Fed Action | Financial Sense
- China’s Storm: 2016 | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. and Russia Are Gas Giants | Financial Sense
- John Hussman: "Make No Mistake - This Is An Equity Bubble, And A Highly Advanced One" | ZeroHedge
- "It Can't Be A Bubble!" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 Surprising Facts About Retail Giant Wal-Mart | Business Insider
- The Argument For Obama Working With Assad Against ISIS Just Got A Lot Weaker | Business Insider
- The Biggest Rip-Offs And Best Values At The Bar | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- What Richard Branson Wants You To Learn From A Virgin Galactic Intern | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Watch Frank Thomas Namecheck 139 Different Teammates In His Hall Of Fame Speech... | Business Insider