Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lifelong-Liberal Rants "This Is Why I'm Leaving The Democratic Party" | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- Equities Coil Despite USDJPY Turmoil As Bullish Stock Speculators Hit 16-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Q1 2016 Canadian Silver Maple Sales Surge To Highest Record Ever | ZeroHedge
- SEC - Do Your Job!! | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: April Real Retail Sales Up 0.8% | Financial Sense
- The "Doom Loop Is Coming Back" - Deutsche Bank Sees "No Further Upside For European Stocks" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Discover is letting everyone know their FICO credit... | Business Insider
- Draymond Green is in danger of being suspended... | Business Insider
- Get a top-rated Coleman camping tent for under $100 — and... | Business Insider
- Facebook Audience Network is paying off in spades (FB) | Business Insider
- Netflix engineers created a virtual video rental store... | Business Insider
- 21 great coffee table books to pick up for Dad this Father's Day | Business Insider
- Nissan is going after Tesla's other big business with a new at-home... | Business Insider