Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- First Swiss Gold Poll Shows Pro-Gold Side In Lead At 45% | ZeroHedge
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- Ebola 2014 Is Mutating As Fast As Seasonal Flu | ZeroHedge
- The Similarities Between Germany and China | Financial Sense
- What Rout? Stocks Have Best Day In A Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch A Senate Candidate's Wife Sing In A Taylor Swift... | Business Insider
- A Startup That Will Come Over And Blow Dry Your Hair Just Raised $7 Million | Business Insider
- REPORT: At Least 11 Banks Are About To Fail Europe... | Business Insider
- I Waited In Line With Hundreds Of Teens To Meet... | Business Insider
- The Ridiculous Reason The Kansas City Royals Have A Huge Advantage In The... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek