Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Charts Which Show That The Next Economic Crash Is Dead Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
- ISM Manufacturing Tumbles To 22-Month Lows, Longest Losing Streak Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- No Foolin' - ADP Weaker than Expected | Financial Sense
- Frenzied Speculative Activity in China's Equity Markets | Financial Sense
- God I Hate This Market | iBankCoin.com
- The "Mysterious" Source Of Surging Demand For GM Cars, Revealed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tokyo district OKs Japan's first same-sex partner... | Business Insider
- Here are the best backup solutions to keep all your data safe [up to 40% off] | Business Insider
- Travel chaos in Argentina as transit unions strike | Business Insider
- An 'armed and dangerous'... | Business Insider
- This company went public without any sales — now it’s worth $2.5 billion | Business Insider
- Lauren Bacall's treasures fetch $3.6 million at auction... | Business Insider
- Wal-Mart's obsession with low prices is causing major tension with suppliers | Business Insider