Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Welcome To Planet Obama | ZeroHedge
- The 2016 "Dream" Ticket | ZeroHedge
- IMF Reiterates Greece Disqualified for Bailout, Participation Depends on Debt Relief and Reforms | Financial Sense
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- Something Just Snapped: Container Freight Rates From Asia To Europe Crash 23% In One Week | ZeroHedge
- This Coal Mine Valued At $630 Million In 2011 Just Sold For One Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Increasingly Looks Like A War Zone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Adriatic oil, gas exploration raises concerns for... | Business Insider
- 'White hats' on China's internet are growing rapidly | Business Insider
- A $26 trillion debt problem is crushing competitiveness... | Business Insider
- Peruvian forces rescued a group of... | Business Insider
- A new poll had another batch of bad news for Hillary Clinton | Business Insider
- Australia urges full probe of doping allegations in... | Business Insider
- Slain Palestinian toddler's parents, brother... | Business Insider