Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Consequences Of America’s Invasion Of Afghanistan: NYC Heroin Deaths Highest In A Decade | ZeroHedge
- A World Without Fractional Reserve Banks And Central Planning | ZeroHedge
- S&P Futures Surge Over 2000, At Record High, On Collapsing Japanese, European Economic Data, Ukraine Escalations | ZeroHedge
- UK's Cameron Goes Full Scaremonger: "We Will Be Fighting ISIS For Decades" | ZeroHedge
- Why Americans Are So Sensitive To Even The Smallest Increase In Prices | ZeroHedge
- Deflationary Fears Are Spreading Globally | Financial Sense
- Obama's Anti-ISIS Strategy Summarized In 1 Cartoon | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung's New Necklace Is The Strangest Tech Product We've Seen... | Business Insider
- Palmer leads at Deutsche Bank golf championship | Business Insider
- Judge To Oracle: SAP Doesn't Have To Pay $1.3 Billion For Stealing Your Software... | Business Insider
- Why Apollo Investment, Royal Bank of Canada Should Be in Your Portfolio | TheStreet.com
- Djokovic breezes into US Open third round | Business Insider
- What The Average Banker In The UK Makes In Bonus Pay Each Year | Business Insider
- Here's A Video Of A Japanese Baseball Player Trying To Hit A 186 MPH Fastball | Business Insider