Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- India Central Bank Cuts Interest Rate "Pre-Emptively" For Second Time In 2 Months | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why Obama Missed Netanyahu's Speech Today | ZeroHedge
- The Good Doctor Has Made Another Biotech Purchase | iBankCoin.com
- BoJ Is Losing Control As Demand Wanes For JGBs | ZeroHedge
- Does the Fed Have a Currency Problem? | Financial Sense
- China Blasts Obama's "Paranoid, Narrow-Minded, Arrogant, & Hypocritical" Foreign Policy | ZeroHedge
- The Eurozone: On the Road to Recovery With a Lingering Risk | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- France braces for ticking off over smacking children | Business Insider
- China is obsessed with a website that features creepshots of London's hottest... | Business Insider
- The Denver Nuggets imploded over 5 weeks in the summer of 2013, and they... | Business Insider
- Here's why Gigi Hadid is the hottest model in the fashion industry right now | Business Insider
- Lower California pollution spells big gains for... | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel favors pot legalization and says it... | Business Insider