Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- Blood Red From Big Blue: Why IBM Is Crashing, In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks Ready for Battle Today | iBankCoin.com
- China CCTV News Previews The 4th Plenary Session Of The Communist Party In Infographic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Comet Siding Spring whizzes past Mars | Business Insider
- Why Coffee Tastes So Good | Business Insider
- Have People Stopped Upgrading Their iPads? (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies at 82: US media | Business Insider
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Shows Why Azure Is A... | Business Insider
- Women Are Going Crazy Over These No-Underwear Yoga Pants | Business Insider
- High-stakes Russia-Ukraine-EU gas talks begin in Brussels... | Business Insider