Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan Scrambles Jets In Response To Chinese Military Planes | ZeroHedge
- Overnight Carry-Driven Futures Ramp Pushes Stocks Just Shy Of New Record | ZeroHedge
- Anticipating Friday’s Employment Report | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Is US Losing The New Cold War? | ZeroHedge
- Ukrainian Stereotyping Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Russia Needs to Sell Gas More Than EU Needs to Buy It | Financial Sense
- Globalists Gas Game Theory | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Video Games From The 1980s That Are Better Than Games Today | Business Insider
- Could a Smartwatch Be Apple, Intel's Next Big Flop? | TheStreet.com
- Australian Man Caught Trying To Smuggle A Drug... | Business Insider
- Flight Technology Now Draws Inspiration From Jellyfish | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Ellipticals On The Market Right Now | Business Insider
- String Theory Genius Explains The Coming Breakthroughs That Will Change... | Business Insider
- GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016 | Business Insider