Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crude Slips On Surprise API Inventory Build | ZeroHedge
- A 14 Year Old Explains Why Socialism Fails | ZeroHedge
- Germany Pre-emptively Crushes Today's Rumormill, Says Too Late To "Discuss Greek Program Extension" | ZeroHedge
- Former Senator Slams Washington As Corrupt "Sewer", Calls For Outraged Young Americans To Revolt | ZeroHedge
- No End In Sight For Higher-Education Malinvestment | ZeroHedge
- June 26 Silver Flash Crash: A Forensic Analysis | ZeroHedge
- Eurogroup's Dijsselbloem Says "No Grounds For Further Talks", Will "Wait For Outcome Of Referendum" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fires are spreading like crazy in Alaska and scientists are concerned | Business Insider
- Why ZIP codes have 5 numbers — and what they each mean | Business Insider
- One of the fastest players in baseball scores inside-the-park home run in 14... | Business Insider
- How to overcome the pressure of checking your email all the... | Business Insider
- GM might actually be trying to put Tesla out of business (TSLA... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- RadiumOne — the adtech company recently rumored to be... | Business Insider