Covered Call Picks (CLSN,HLF,QCOR,JCP,FSLR)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|CLSN||Celsion Corp||8.29||9||1.5||18.10%||January 2013|
|HLF||Herbalife Ltd||32.2||32.5||2.3||7.00%||January 2013|
|QCOR||Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc||26||26||1.7||6.50%||January 2013|
|JCP||J C Penney Company Inc||20.8||21||1.1||5.20%||January 2013|
|FSLR||First Solar Inc||32||32||1.5||4.60%||January 2013|
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $8.29. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $8.86.
Herbalife Ltd (HLF) is currently trading at $32.2. Its 52 week range is between $24.24 and $73.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) is currently trading at $25.99. Its 52 week range is between $17.25 and $58.91.
J C Penney Company Inc (JCP) is currently trading at $20.84. Its 52 week range is between $15.69 and $43.18.
First Solar Inc (FSLR) is currently trading at $31.99. Its 52 week range is between $11.43 and $50.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
- Stock Market Getting Ready for a BIG Move; Risk to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Praxis Seeks to Revive the Apprenticeship Model of Employment | Financial Sense
- The Next Clash Emerges: Trump-Ryan Deeply Divided Over Tax 'Cuts' | ZeroHedge
- The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again | Financial Sense
- Russian Billionaire Blasts AP's "Malicious Lies" Over Manafort Accusations | ZeroHedge
- Trump Son-In-Law Kushner To Testify On Russia Ties | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 tech accessories every avid gamer should own | Business Insider
- Uber is ending its services in Denmark | Business Insider
- The murders of Biggie and Tupac are still a mystery after 20 years —... | Business Insider
- Tomi Lahren has reportedly been barred on permanent basis from her network after coming... | Business Insider
- 'Stop shaking your head again': Watch... | Business Insider
- The new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer reveals Tony... | Business Insider
- Here is eMarketer's guide to the future of digital media | Business Insider