Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Investing World In 10 Objects | ZeroHedge
- You Asked For Market-Lifting Miracles Theo, I Give You Another NYSE Break | ZeroHedge
- I AM AN OIL MAN OF MAGNANIMOUS PROPORTIONS | iBankCoin.com
- AND NoW FoR A MeSSaGe FRoM YouR EBoLa CZaR... | ZeroHedge
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- The Housing Recovery Has Been Canceled Due To Data Revisions | ZeroHedge
- What's Avant-Garde Now? Social Innovation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Qatar Airways Will Fly First Airbus A350 Into the Heart of Europe | TheStreet.com
- I Spent A Weekend Driving The Most Beautiful Car I've Ever Seen — The Jaguar F-Type... | Business Insider
- A Developer Says Apple Sent Him... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Under Armour Is Becoming A Viable Threat To Nike | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Coffee Shops In San Francisco | Business Insider
- Madeleine Albright Had The Perfect Response To Conan's Dirty Joke About Her | Business Insider