Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
- Yahoo Still on the Ball | iBankCoin.com
- Russia Deploys Troops, Robots Along Entire "2nd Middle East" Arctic Belt | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- How Japanese Hyperinflation Starts (In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- If Greek Banks Don’t Expect Any Stress-Test Problems, Why The Need For More Liquidity? | ZeroHedge
- Made Some Sales Of NADL | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pinterest Is Continuing To Roll Out More Ads — Here's What It Looks Like For... | Business Insider
- The Best New York City Restaurant For Every Kind Of Cuisine | Business Insider
- President Obama Said He Has A Pile Of 'Unpaid Bills' On His Desk... | Business Insider
- Islamic State Militants Are Raking In $800 Million A... | Business Insider
- Thaw reveals Antarctic explorer's century-old notebook... | Business Insider
- Australian convicted in child sex sting using virtual... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek