Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Time to Be Bearish Is When Breadth Is Weak, Which Clearly Isn’t Now | Financial Sense
- Luxury Home Foreclosures Soar – Up 61% Versus Last Year | ZeroHedge
- Today's Only Event That Matters | ZeroHedge
- Gold Edging Closer to Long-Term Bearish; Beware of Blind Spots! | Financial Sense
- Sunday Morning Quote | iBankCoin.com
- The Economy of the Future | Financial Sense
- In Hilarious Twist Herbalife Strikes Back At Bill Ackman, Tells His Investors To Pull Their Money | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Tech Things You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Fixing Inequality In America Starts By Getting Back... | Business Insider
- Amazon Prime Accounts Are Exploding In... | Business Insider
- Eight Big Tech Companies Demand That The Government Changes How It Spies And... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Robert Shiller Blasts Fellow Nobelists' Ideas To Their Face During His... | Business Insider