Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's How Obama Can Halt "Tax Inversions" Without Congress (& Why It Doesn't Matter) | ZeroHedge
- Can Germany Carry Europe’s Weight In The Next Financial Crisis? | ZeroHedge
- UN Says MH-17 Downing "May Be War Crime"; Russia Responds Photos Of Ukraine Shelling Are Fake | ZeroHedge
- Runaway Ebola-Infected Woman Dies As US Doctor Tests Positive For Virus | ZeroHedge
- It is Mostly about the US Next Week | ZeroHedge
- By Any Means Necessary | iBankCoin.com
- Monday Humor: What "The Smartest People In The Room" Are Thinking | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Risks Every Leader Should Take | Business Insider
- Russia Celebrated Its Navy Day In Recently Annexed Crimea | Business Insider
- Formula One Drivers Do Insanely Specific Exercises To Keep Death At Bay | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Fans Needed To Go Through A Strange, Swanky Gallery To Watch The New... | Business Insider
- Chinese Industrial Profits Spike (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek