Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Live Feed: FBI Director Comey Takes Stand Again To Answer For "Handing Out Immunity Agreements Like Candy" | ZeroHedge
- Vice Index Shows the Start of a Downtrend | Financial Sense
- BaRRY WTF! | ZeroHedge
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- VIX Spread Signaling Excessive Complacence on Market Risk | Financial Sense
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Chaos Erupts As Trump-Haters Crash UMich Conservatives' Debate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 20 best colleges for studying abroad | Business Insider
- 24 hours offline every week has made a world of... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- This startup just got $11.5 million to make employees everywhere as happy as they are at... | Business Insider
- OPEC just reached a surprising deal — here's what comes next | Business Insider
- Tour Mercedes' $1.7 million luxury yacht that... | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution without this report | Business Insider