Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Draghi’s Risk Is He Speaks And No One Listens | ZeroHedge
- Immigration Hard-Liners Question Trump's Homeland Security Pick | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Journalist Banned From Media After Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Happens When A Currency Completely Breaks Down | ZeroHedge
- Virginia Tech Snowflakes Unveil Definitive List Of Top 50 Microaggressions That Offend Them | ZeroHedge
- Georgia Accuses Homeland Security Of Attempting To Hack State's Election Database | ZeroHedge
- With Assad On Verge Of Historic Victory, Syrian Rebels Request A Ceasefire | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Samsung laptop is already a good value, and today it’s $250 off | Business Insider
- 'The 4-Hour Workweek' author Tim Ferriss shares the 5 books that have influenced... | Business Insider
- Disney just turned its famous Epcot globe into a real-life Death... | Business Insider
- 5 challenges all salespeople face — and how to fix them | Business Insider
- 11 warm places you can travel to this winter without worrying about Zika | Business Insider
- The first teaser of the new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' is here | Business Insider
- Politicians from one of Mexico's leftist parties smashed a Donald Trump piñata... | Business Insider