Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Elites Suffer Fatal Blow, UK Votes to Leave the EU | ZeroHedge
- What Changed? Bernie Sanders Will Vote For Hillary, Less Than 24 Hours After Saying "No" | ZeroHedge
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron To Resign -"Country Requires Fresh Leadership" | ZeroHedge
- We're in a Global Bear Market, Says Leading Technician | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff: "Brexit Is Just What The Doctor Ordered" | ZeroHedge
- Dow Opens Down 500 Points To "Jo Cox" Lows - Largest Gap-Down Since 1986 | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new 'Dump Trump' ad... | Business Insider
- Global markets are in chaos after UK votes to leave EU (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, GBPUSD,... | Business Insider
- Here's why chat apps are... | Business Insider
- comScore begins tracking offline foot traffic and sales | Business Insider
- The most dangerous place in the world is about to get a whole lot scarier | Business Insider
- Here are 7 products from ‘Shark Tank’ that are actually worth buying | Business Insider
- The middle class is starting to go solar | Business Insider