Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Celebrating 45 Years Of Phony Money | ZeroHedge
- Foreign Buyers Continue to Inflate Global Residential Real Estate Bubbles - This Will End Badly | ZeroHedge
- The Forex Monopoly | ZeroHedge
- The Girl Child Arrives | Financial Sense
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- With Kuroda Under Pressure To Increase Stimulus Again, Dissenters Appear | ZeroHedge
- 50 Things I Pretend To Know Now That I Am Nearing 50 | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What the US needs is a 'good, old-fashioned economic... | Business Insider
- Americans are becoming too poor to shop | Business Insider
- This is how presidents-elect learn about covert operations before they’re sworn... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (spy, spx, qqq, dia, yhoo, vz, giii) | Business Insider
- With the Yahoo deal, Verizon will pass Google and... | Business Insider
- The psychology of ‘friends with benefits’ | Business Insider
- Putin is a big winner of the failed coup in Turkey | Business Insider