Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed's Fisher Admits "Fed Has Levitated Markets", Warns Of "Signs Of Excess" | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Did The Bottom Just Fall Out Of Commodities? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 19 | ZeroHedge
- The Emergence of the U.S. Petro-Dollar | Financial Sense
- Better Days Ahead | Financial Sense
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- THE SAME-DAY DELIVERY REPORT: E-Commerce Giants Are Battling To Own The 'Last Mile... | Business Insider
- G20 nations want Putin at leaders' summit | Business Insider
- China win first gold of the 2014 Asiad | Business Insider
- 'Game Of Thrones' Creator George R.R. Martin... | Business Insider
- MUNSTER: iPhone 6 Plus... | Business Insider
- OBAMA: 'We Welcome' The Result Of The Scottish Independence Vote | Business Insider