Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Amid Rising Fears Of Nuclear Terrorism, Belgium Hands Out Iodine Pills To Entire Population | ZeroHedge
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- USDJPY Plunges As Dollar Drops To 11 Month Lows, Commodities Rise | ZeroHedge
- US to Undermine Russia’s Gas Monopoly in Europe | Financial Sense
- WTF Chart Of The Day: Speculative Frenzy '101' | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Unveils The Next Step: "QE Has Run Its Course, It's Time To Tax Wealth" | ZeroHedge
- Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting Live Stream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett thinks this is Berkshire Hathaway's biggest problem | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- Influential Twitter investor Chris Sacca explains why Mark Cuban will... | Business Insider
- Regulators could transform the lending industry by 2017 | Business Insider
- GEORGE FRIEDMAN: Chinese President Xi Jinping just made a move that has '... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek