Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EVeRY MaN'S NiGHTMaRe... | ZeroHedge
- The "War On Cash" Migrates To Switzerland | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- Germany Prepares For "Plan B", Says Greece Would "Need Not Only A Third Bailout, But Fourth, Fifth Or Even More" | ZeroHedge
- Gold: Year 2007 Again | Financial Sense
- Overview Of Our Energy Modeling Problem | ZeroHedge
- Just 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Europe's police crack massive horsemeat trafficking... | Business Insider
- Scared to stay inside, Nepal quake victims treated in... | Business Insider
- The cofounder and CFO of Box once made an awkward appearance on a reality TV... | Business Insider
- What it's like to work with Apple and compete against it at the same time,... | Business Insider
- Arsenal aim to redraw lines of Chelsea rivalry | Business Insider
- The top 10 tech company cafeterias | Business Insider
- Young girls in Afghanistan are skateboarding to fight for gender... | Business Insider