Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nigeria, Belarus Halt All FX Trading As Central Bank Urges "Don't Panic" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Dec 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Biggest Economic Story Going Into 2015 Is Not Oil | ZeroHedge
- The Annotated History Of Russian Crises Since 1860 | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- "Some North Korean Folks Are Hacking..." President Obama Explains "Costs" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- Will Lower Oil Prices Threaten Whiting Petroleum, the New King of Bakken? | TheStreet.com
- A Couple Got Stuck In Their... | Business Insider
- Here's Where People Are Using Apple Pay The Most (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Researchers 'Averaged' The Faces Of 400 CEOs — And The Results Say A Lot About... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek