Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Trickle-Down Crash? Trophy Assets Suddenly Tanking | ZeroHedge
- Libertarian Party Chairman Candidate Strips To His Underwear On Stage | ZeroHedge
- Mizuho CEO Warns Japan Sales Tax Delay Is "Admission Abenomics Has Failed" | ZeroHedge
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- Why This Friday's Payrolls Report Could See A Big Miss | ZeroHedge
- "It's Unbearable" 50-Year-Old German Woman Rages "I Have Lost All My Trust In The State" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some people get 'skin orgasms' from listening... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- A former Goldman Sachs intern reveals 5 tips for surviving your first stint on... | Business Insider
- This ridiculously simple product makes tangled earbuds a thing... | Business Insider
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- Boston Dynamics employees were frustrated with Google's plan for a... | Business Insider
- I used a device that taught me how to deal with stress for a week — here’s what it... | Business Insider