Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Leap – Double-Digit Earnings Growth in 2017? | Financial Sense
- Statistician Warns Americans To "Ignore The Capricious Polls" | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Police Retiring in Droves, Taking Lump Sum Pensions, Fearing the Money Isn’t There (And It Isn’t) | Financial Sense
- European Mars Lander Crashed On Impact | ZeroHedge
- The Public Pension Time Bomb Is Starting to Explode | Financial Sense
- Thermodynamic Oil Collapse: Why The Global Economy Will Disintegrate Rapidly | ZeroHedge
- Hillary's Source At The State Department Revealed In Leaked Podesta Email | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump made a noticeable shift in rhetoric on his plans for a border wall | Business Insider
- A former Stanford dean explains the simplest thing parents can do to... | Business Insider
- Emptying your inbox might feel good, but it's not making you any more successful... | Business Insider
- I saved 50% of my income for a month — here's my best tip for saving money | Business Insider
- A Marine veteran uses the '3-minute drill' to help mental-toughness clients... | Business Insider
- New accuser alleges Trump offered her $10,000 to accept private penthouse invitation | Business Insider
- The LA Rams have dropped hints suggesting a radical uniform change that will make a lot of fans happy... | Business Insider