Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turkish Delight? Post-EU Close Buying Binge Sends Dow, S&P Surging Above Overnight Highs | ZeroHedge
- Valeant Just Won't Stop Falling | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of "Backstabbing", Funding ISIS, Sees "Serious Consequences" To Ties | ZeroHedge
- It's A Fake, Fake, Fake America | ZeroHedge
- Existing Home Sales Tumble, Weakest Annual Growth Since January | ZeroHedge
- NATO Is Harboring ISIS, And Here's The Evidence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Parched Emirates relies on sea as groundwater runs out | Business Insider
- 7 non-GMO foods that are totally unnatural | Business Insider
- $2.8 billion startup Slack is getting ready for an IPO | Business Insider
- Last 16 in view for Van Gaal's hardy Manchester United... | Business Insider
- The single-most important determinant of long-term... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' actors reveal how they kept... | Business Insider