Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global PMI Summary: 60% Of Nations Weakening | ZeroHedge
- Did The Winter War Just Begin? Russian Gas Supplies To Europe Plunge 15%, Ukraine Transit Slashed 54% | ZeroHedge
- Hong Kong Protesters Give Wednesday Deadline For Reform As Chinese Army Watches From Above | ZeroHedge
- Began Building A New Position – VOC | iBankCoin.com
- Technician: Top-Heavy Stock Market Has "More Pain to Come"; Long-Term Picture Still Favorable | Financial Sense
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Oversold With A 5 Day Holding Period | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We Now Know Nearly Everything About Google's Giant New Smartphone: The... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong Protesters Threaten To Occupy Government Buildings... | Business Insider
- Markets Are Up (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- EBAY TO SPIN OFF PAYPAL (EBAY) | Business Insider
- Wildlife numbers halved over past four decades: WWF | Business Insider
- Russia's Chief Justice Advocates A Return To Serfdom | Business Insider
- Secret Service director resigns over security... | Business Insider