Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
- Top Factors Undermining Any Oil Price Recovery | ZeroHedge
- Now It's Personal: Koch Brothers "Freeze Out" Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- China Says US "Militarization" Of South China Sea Shows Washington "Wants Nothing Better Than Chaos" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Update: Sentiment, Seasonality, and Price Patterns Look Favorable | Financial Sense
- China Demonstrates "Sea Combat Ability" With Live Fire Drill Video | ZeroHedge
- "Why Commodities Defaults Could Spread", UBS Explains | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This foot-powered washing machine will save you a ton of time and... | Business Insider
- Shell is axing 6,500... | Business Insider
- A space probe just found organic molecules on a comet... | Business Insider
- This robotic arm draws almost as well as a human artist — because it... | Business Insider
- The CFO of FireEye, once a Wall Street darling, is leaving and the stock is tumbling (... | Business Insider
- The killing of a famous lion exposes a deeply rooted problem in western culture... | Business Insider
- The 'cookie monster' study reveals how power corrupts people | Business Insider