Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow Dumps 600 Points From "Great" Jobs Report Highs | ZeroHedge
- Edge vs Risk Management (Video) | ZeroHedge
- As Goldman Risk Explodes, President Says "No One Should Question Viability Of US Banks" | ZeroHedge
- "Investors Have Completely Lost Faith In Deutsche Bank" A Top 10 Shareholder Admits | ZeroHedge
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
- Forget Zika, This Is America's Real Threat | ZeroHedge
- The US Economy's Problem Summed Up In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millions of Brazilians are throwing the biggest party in the world despite the Zika outbreak... | Business Insider
- Meet Business Insider at Mobile World Congress 2016 | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- He was an early Seamless employee, sold his next company for $100 million, and became a VC... | Business Insider
- 23 signs you're burnt out at work | Business Insider
- Chesapeake stocks craters 50% (CHK) | Business Insider
- Here's a look at the personal finances of the 2016 presidential... | Business Insider