Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brazil's Economy Is On The Verge Of Total Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
- Greece should Ice the Troika! | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Turn to Gold on Bank Bail-in and Drachma Risks | ZeroHedge
- 60% Of Retail Sales Growth In Hong Kong Was Due To The iPhone 6 | ZeroHedge
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
- Chevron Slashes 23% Of PA Workforce As US Rig Count Collapses To June 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We're Now Getting A Sense Of The New Gambling World Order | Business Insider
- How Scary Is The Slowdown In China? Shanghai Is Refusing To... | Business Insider
- Jihadists increasingly wary of Internet, experts say | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, MCD, FB, BABA... | Business Insider
- The golf world has never seen anything like the meltdown Tiger Woods is going through... | Business Insider
- What It's Like When You're An American Using Britain's NHS | Business Insider