Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan: An Inflection Point | Financial Sense
- Indexing Lunacy | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
- Matt Taibbi: "Insane Clown President Trump Was Right About The Media" | ZeroHedge
- I HaVe A DRoNe... | ZeroHedge
- FBI Arrests Widow Of Orlando Nightclub Shooter | ZeroHedge
- Will Trump Save Deutsche Bank? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stop underestimating Trump | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Welcome to the boneyard, where US Air Force birds go to die | Business Insider
- People shared their biggest regrets in life, and some of their answers are... | Business Insider
- Chinese state-run media: China will 'take off the gloves' if Trump... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- There’s a handmade amusement park hidden in an Italian forest | Business Insider