Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shadow Banking Assets Increase By $5 Trillion To Record $75 Trillion, 120% Of Global GDP | ZeroHedge
- Western Banks Find "In China, Nothing Is What It Appears To Be" | ZeroHedge
- Kill The Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- FOMC: "We Screwed Up" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Mint Gold Coin Sales Near 60,000 - "Islamic State, Ebola, Putin, Ukraine" and Swiss Gold Initiative | ZeroHedge
- Monetary Lunacy At Work: IMF Puts 0.05% "Floor" Under SDRs | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's "Other" Taper: Printing Of New $100 Bills Tumbles By 85% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS FALL AFTER THE FED ENDS OF QE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT,... | Business Insider
- Here's Proof That Graphs Are Key To Convincing People Of Your Argument | Business Insider
- Amateur Video Shows NASA Rocket Exploding In Massive Ball Of Flames | Business Insider
- LeBron James Says His Homecoming Is One Of The... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 4 Dead After Plane Crashes Into Kansas... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek