Why invest in 3 month CD'S, just get a Dividend Checking account with First Tech
Let's face it, the return on 3 Month CD's is abysmal, Ally is offering a not-so-great .39%, USAA .45%, and the winner is OneWest Bank coming in at .60%.
If you invest a $1,000 in the top yielding CD's of today, you're going to a return of... wait for it... $6. That's not putting your money to good use.
A friend of mine told me about First Tech Federal Credit Union the other day. I finally got around to taking a look and their rates are pretty impressive. Their Dividend Reward Checking offers a 2.57% annual return (on the first $10k), paid on a monthly basis.
If you crunch the numbers, it's a .63% return in a 3 month period, so it's only slightly higher than a 3 month CD. But the benefits of not having your funds locked up in CD are enormous.
So if you're looking to make the switch to a no-fee checking or savings account, this is a good placec to start. Here are the other benefits of the Dividend Rewards Checking:
Qualified accounts earn a very competitive dividend rate*
Qualified accounts also earn Free ATM surcharge rebates on out-of-network U.S. ATM transactions*
Free overdraft protection from your savings, credit card or home equity line of credit account
Free Online Banking and BillPay
Free e-deposit for qualified members**
Disclaimer: We are not being paid by First Tech to post this article... Although, we probably should be.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peter Thiel Gets the Bitcoin Bug | ZeroHedge
- Note the Weak Ones, Too | iBankCoin.com
- Just Plain Silly | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buy: $MT | iBankCoin.com
- Trading Setups for a Market Walking on Cloud 9 | iBankCoin.com
- The World’s Gone Loopy | iBankCoin.com
- US Amphibious Assault Ship "Kearsarge" And 26th Marine Unit "Visit" Israel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AD OF THE DAY: The Most Beautiful Love Story We've Ever Seen In 85 Seconds | Business Insider
- Jon Stewart Calls The Media 'Concussed Goldfish' Over Fruitless... | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Vical, Sangamo, Spectrum Pharma | TheStreet.com
- Inspiring Before-And-After Weight Loss Pictures | Business Insider
- The Greatest Blunders Of Genius Scientists | Business Insider
- Netflix News So Absurd I Couldn't Make It Up | TheStreet.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek