Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Technician: Top-Heavy Stock Market Has "More Pain to Come"; Long-Term Picture Still Favorable | Financial Sense
- "If Something Rattles This Ponzi Scheme, Life In America Will Change Overnight" | ZeroHedge
- Is the U.S. Secretly Egging On Hong Kong Protesters? | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Surge Drags Nasdaq Green, Bonds Ain't Buying It (Again) | ZeroHedge
- "Smarter People Get That Respectable People Have To Run The System" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Version 2.0 is Here with New $9.99 Unlimited Plan | FundMyMutualFund
- Study Finds Treated Fracking Wastewater Still Too Toxic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kristen Wiig And Bill Hader's Awkward Interview With Local... | Business Insider
- New Oracle Co-CEO Rips Rival SAP (ORCL, SAP) | Business Insider
- Best Buy Thinks This Television Is The Future Of Its Business | Business Insider
- Hong Kong protests: Live Report | Business Insider
- Wildlife numbers halved over past four decades: WWF | Business Insider
- The Ruble Just Fell Out Of Bed | Business Insider
- MEET THE WALTONS: A Guide To America's Wealthiest Family | Business Insider