Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Summertime Blues for Commodities | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Desperate To Put Ukraine In Rearview Mirror But More Russian Sanctions Loom | ZeroHedge
- US State Department "Confident" MH17 "Mistakenly" Downed By Separatists, Finds No Direct Link To Russia | ZeroHedge
- DOE, Intel Work to Keep ‘Moore’s Law’ From Expiring | Financial Sense
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
- The Decline Of Influence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Foursquare Changed Its Logo And Commenters On Instagram Are Really Upset About It | Business Insider
- This Cutting-Edge Driving Simulator Helps Prevent Car Crashes Before They... | Business Insider
- It's Obvious That An Independent Scotland Just Won't Be... | Business Insider
- A Federal Judge Used Pizza To Explain Why A Key Provision Of Obamacare Is Legal... | Business Insider
- Immigration Reform Is Actually Happening – Just Not On Capitol Hill | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Abuse-Proof Pain Pills Are Hitting The Market Just In Time | Business Insider