Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- CHESS MOVES | iBankCoin.com
- China Joins The Broken "Keynesian Multiplier" Club | ZeroHedge
- Iran: Sorry State | ZeroHedge
- Derivative Losses, Bad Bets, And Aggressive Assumptions Leave Detroit's Pensions Massively Underfunded | ZeroHedge
- America the Cautious: Risk Taking in Decline | Financial Sense
- Market Echoes June 2012 FOMC As Dow Swings Most Since Oct 2011 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It's A Big Week For Economic Data, And We Get Two Important Numbers Today | Business Insider
- Kim Kardashian's Baby Could Have One Of These Names | Business Insider
- Aerial Pictures From Colorado Black Forest Fire Show Incredible Destruction... | Business Insider
- Phil Mickelson Can't Close Out At The Majors And It Is... | Business Insider
- The Physics Of The Curve Ball | Business Insider
- Google Wants The Government To Lift Its Gag Order On Surveillance Requests (GOOG... | Business Insider
- The New Watermelon Oreo Is Actually Getting Good Reviews | Business Insider