Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- China Sends Yellen Another Warning, Fixes Yuan At Lowest In Over Five years | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- The Next Big Crash Of The U.S. Economy Is Coming, Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Edward Snowden Demonstrates How To "Go Black" | ZeroHedge
- Homeland Insecurity | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The 25 highest-paying jobs you can get with an associate degree | Business Insider
- Here’s the massive amount of fuel it takes to launch a rocket into space — in... | Business Insider
- KFC is planning an unprecedented restaurant makeover — here's a sneak peek | Business Insider
- Our universe might not be made up of particles at all but something... | Business Insider
- Here's what people your age earn in the US | Business Insider
- EX-FBI HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR: Here's the best way to spot a liar | Business Insider