Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global LEIs and Technicals Point Up | Financial Sense
- Earnings Provide Foundational Value | Financial Sense
- Break Up The USA? | ZeroHedge
- Is Weakening Breadth Warning of a Pullback or Major Top? | Financial Sense
- The Only Two Choices You Have In Life | Altucher Confidential
- Is A Trump-Putin Detente Dead? | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oil slides on word non-OPEC members aren't cutting production as much as... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Bolivian farmers threw dynamite and fireworks at police... | Business Insider
- Here come initial jobless claims... | Business Insider
- Russia is waiting for the US to come up... | Business Insider
- UN: Nearly 1.4 million children face 'imminent death... | Business Insider
- UK neobanks are still seeking funding | Business Insider