Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Investor Opinions Have Become Extremely Uniform, and That's Not Good | Financial Sense
- Japan Pleases Markets With Surprise Growth | Financial Sense
- GDP Seasonal Adjustment: There’s No Smoking Gun | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: The Case For Truly 'Free' Trade | ZeroHedge
- Rand Paul Blocks Extension Of Patriot Act, Future Of Illegal NSA Spying On Americans In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Suspicion | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I just went to Wegmans for the first time ever — now I get what all the fuss is about | Business Insider
- Apple has an ambitious plan to take over your entire home — but it's been a challenge for... | Business Insider
- Spain votes as new forces seek 'historic' change | Business Insider
- 18 essential items for the closet of the modern gentleman | Business Insider
- 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed... | Business Insider
- How a Japanese clothing brand got men to love shopping | Business Insider
- The incredible story of how David Letterman saved Conan O... | Business Insider