Stocks: The Week of Cut & Paste
Yesterday the Masters sold off their positions and are now sitting in 90% cash, we talked it up in Feels like a Correction is Coming. The only recommendation we made was the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) which happens to be up 3% today. The only sure bet for the next few days is volatility.
Rather then risk our necks, we prefer cashing out. We would much rather buy back our favorite stocks 5 to 10% lower in the coming weeks. Even if we are wrong, we would rather watch from the sidelines and not pay over $500 for Apple (AAPL). Yes we are the Antichrist suggesting that Apple Goes Vertical this Week then CRASHES ( Feb 14th).
The events of the day are the following:
Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell while global stocks and commodities trimmed gains amid concern European officials will delay Greece’s second bailout, tempering optimism that China will get more involved in the region’s rescue efforts.
The euro slipped for a fourth day against the dollar, losing 0.5 percent to $1.3066, and weakened against 15 of 16 major peers as of 11:15 a.m. in New York. The MSCI All-Country World Index added 0.4 percent, erasing yesterday’s 0.4 percent drop. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index was little changed near the 1,351 level. The cost of insuring against default on European government bonds gained for a sixth day. The S&P GSCI Index rose 0.7 percent, paring an earlier 1.4 percent advance. Continue..
Masters soundtrack for Feb 15th:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Speaker Boehner's Response To Obama's Executive Action: "Acting Like A Teenager" | ZeroHedge
- On Obama and the Nature of Failed Presidencies | Financial Sense
- Not So "Fab": From $1 Billion Valuation To $15 Million In A Year | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 "Most Overbought" Since Feb 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Still Lower Prices Ahead For Oil? | Financial Sense
- Energy & The Economy - Why Society Will Be Forced To Become Less Complex | ZeroHedge
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What It Will Feel Like To Ride The World's... | Business Insider
- Microsoft: Compared To Apple And Yahoo, We Are NOT Overpaying Our New CEO (MSFT) | Business Insider
- New setback for Cosby as Vegas show cancelled | Business Insider
- Don't Say Warren Buffett and Robert Shiller Didn't Warn You | TheStreet.com
- By The Time Europe Finally Gets Around To Breaking... | Business Insider
- Manhattan's New Most Expensive Townhouse Just Hit The Market For $63 Million | Business Insider
- 5 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014 | TheStreet.com