Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Davos (According To Donald Trump) | ZeroHedge
- US Government Caught Massively Fabricating Student Loan Default Data | ZeroHedge
- 2017—Shades of 1937 | Financial Sense
- Mario Draghi is Mistaken - European Debt is Unsustainable (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Lockheed Agrees To Cut F-35 Price Below $100 Million In Latest Victory For Trump | ZeroHedge
- 56 Years Ago Today, Eisenhower Warned Americans Of "The Unwarranted Influence" Of The Deep State | ZeroHedge
- Making Taxes Great Again - Trump vs. GOP Proposals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The chart that should have every manager on Wall Street worried | Business Insider
- Trump's pick for education secretary says guns in schools... | Business Insider
- Twitter just sold its developer platform to Google (GOOG, TWTR, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- How Broadway is learning from Netflix and revolutionizing theater for the... | Business Insider
- Apple's next iPhone rumored to have facial recognition... | Business Insider
- American Airlines employees are mysteriously getting sick and the... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: 'I don't like tweeting' | Business Insider