Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Reading: Capacious Cognitions | ZeroHedge
- Optimistic Narrative for China? | Financial Sense
- "Everyone Is Doing It": How Carmakers Manipulate Emissions Test Results | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: "Nothing But Cattle In An Industrial Processing Facility" | ZeroHedge
- Presenting A First-Hand Look Inside Russia's Forward Operating Base In Syria | ZeroHedge
- The Largest US Foreign Policy Blunder Since Vietnam Is Complete: Iran Readies Massive Syrian Ground Invasion | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Price Shock – A Boon, or a Harbinger of Disaster? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 33 most competitive countries in the world | Business Insider
- England coach under fire after World Cup disaster | Business Insider
- There's an emerging new threat to Obamacare — and it... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Pentagon chief: Afghan situation 'confused and... | Business Insider
- Israel bars Palestinians from Jerusalem Old City for 2... | Business Insider
- Marte's homer in 12th inning lifts Pirates over Reds 6-... | Business Insider