Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: July 31 | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- American (Predatory) Capitalism Explained In 130 Seconds | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Demand Surges - Perth Mint and U.S. Mint Cannot Meet Demand | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Shocker: Quarterly Increase In Wages Is Smallest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Debt Slaves: 7 Out Of 10 Americans Believe That Debt "Is A Necessity In Their Lives" | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Farmer Loses Life Savings | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A $26 trillion debt problem is crushing competitiveness... | Business Insider
- The FBI has subpoenaed lewd text messages between Subway's Jared Fogle and a... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- My life has not been the same since I started using this amazing meditation app | Business Insider
- People are starting to walk differently because of texting | Business Insider
- Northern Ireland wants to turn the 300-mile ice wall from... | Business Insider
- A legally blind man took these amazing... | Business Insider