Stocks Fall: Told you So
We've been pushing a large cash position and suggesting you load up on the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (VXX). The proof can be read in Where's the Volatility?, U.S. Equities: Not Buying it for a Dollar and Feels like a Correction is Coming.
As we said a few weeks ago in the articles listed above:
- The latest patch job has been completed with Greece. You buying it?
- Today's tape feels like the calm before the storm. The only winner today is the VXX. Time to get Cash.
- Use caution if you have long positions. The majority of the Masters are going cash today, to the tune of 90%.
- The only weapon of choice today is the VXX.
Bottom line: Mastery called it. If the jobs report due out later this week is bad expect the trend to continue.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank of Canada Throws in the Towel on ‘Recovery’ Meme | Financial Sense
- New Position(s) On The Books | iBankCoin.com
- The REAL Terror Threat | ZeroHedge
- Get Ready For (Fraudulent) Higher U.S. Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- Preview of January FOMC Meeting and Beyond | ZeroHedge
- ECB Sets Up Biggest Contrarian Play of 2015 | Financial Sense
- On The Prevalence Of Group Think in The Mainstream Financial Media | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Parts Of NYC Could Get Up To 3 Feet Of Snow | Business Insider
- Yahoo's Core Business Is Flat, But Investors Cheer Alibaba Spinoff (YHOO) | Business Insider
- LIVE: Apple Earnings! (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The 3 Biggest Takeaways From Microsoft's Earnings Report | TheStreet.com
- India Put On A Spectacular Show For President Obama On Republic Day | Business Insider
- Millions in northeast US buckle down for monster... | Business Insider
- The iPhone Helped Apple Make History This Quarter (AAPL) | Business Insider