• Covered Call Picks (NFLX,IVN,VMED,BHI,MU)   2 years 31 weeks ago

If the price goes down, covered call is still better than owning a single stock.If you want perfect protection against downfall, buy a Bull Spread.

• Covered Call Picks (NFLX,IVN,VMED,BHI,MU)   2 years 31 weeks ago

Downside protection = stop limit order

• Covered Call Picks (NFLX,IVN,VMED,BHI,MU)   2 years 31 weeks ago

I see the optimistic view of the covered calls here. Unfortunately there is no downside protection. What happens if the stock drops below the strike price and even below cost ? with the market as volatile as it is, is this a safe strategy ?

• Now you're Cooking with Gas (UNG)   2 years 31 weeks ago

2nd that lostdog, the UNG has been a terrible performer.  In the last 5 trading sessions the ETF is down 9%.  Patience is Key.

MASTERY Bottom Line (Master Po Style)

• Now you're Cooking with Gas (UNG)   2 years 31 weeks ago
    ung

i was on the losing end of this in the last 18 months and with natural gas the last 5 years....the price is just not going up for this in the near future.  i would say no hurry on this investment

• These stocks are Overvalued (ALXN,ARIA,INHX,N,PCYC,QCOR,TSLA)   2 years 32 weeks ago

Was removed because of takeover by Gilead....  Well as a very happy recipient of one of their new drugs, I am disease free.  Without having to go through a 48 week barbaric treatment regime.  In my opinion it is undervalued and I wish I had bought 100 shares last year...

• Stocks Unpredictable Again Today   2 years 33 weeks ago

Via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF_Global

MF Global (OTC Markets Group: MFGLQ), formerly known as Man Financial, was a major global financial derivatives broker. MF Global provided exchange-traded derivatives, such as futures and options as well as over-the-counter products such as contracts for difference (CFDs), foreign exchange and spread betting. MF Global was also a primary dealer in United States Treasury securities. On October 30, 2011, a unit of the New York-based brokerage reported a “material shortfall” in customer funds. Customer accounts with $5.45 billion were frozen Oct. 31, the same day the parent company - MF Global Inc. - filed the eighth-largest U.S. bankruptcy. The shortfall in customer accounts may be as large as $1.2 billion, or 22%, according to the trustee overseeing liquidation. [2][3] MF Global improperly mixed customer funds and used them for its own account for at least several days before the bankruptcy and even transferred funds outside the country. [4]The brokerage used a large number of complex and controversial repurchase agreements or "repos" for funding and for leveraging profit, many off their balance sheet.[5][6]. Some of these complex repos have been described as a wrong-way $6.3 billion trade MF Global made on its own behalf on bonds of some of Europe’s most indebted nations. Failure of the repo positions helped cause the liquidity crisis at the firm.[7][8] The bankruptcy highlights the ongoing difficulty in regulating complex global financial firms, the dangers of off-balance-sheet accounting as well touching on the European sovereign debt crisis.[9][10]

• Its time to Buy a Kinect   2 years 33 weeks ago

You bet it will.  If you've used HBO GO on an Apple Device or via the web on a PC then just imagine that on the XBOX 360.  Its the same interface but it works with XBOX 360's operating system.  It won't be ready until "early 2012", that's according to Microsoft.  If you subscribe to HBO, you should check out www.HBOGO.com, you can start streaming now on Apple's crap and on a PC.

• Its time to Buy a Kinect   2 years 33 weeks ago

Awesome , hope we can get HBO go in UK , that would be epic .

• Could Silver and Gold be a bubble waiting to burst? (SLV, AGQ, GLD)   2 years 34 weeks ago

Funny you should bring up the measure of the volume of articles, I've been seeing more articles touting the gold and silver bubble than a higher prices tout.   Further, with so many traders purposely wiped out of trading (and more running for the exits) who comprise the speculative classes (plebes), I just don't see a bubble at this juncture.   Maybe its just me....

Hi Viktor, thanks for the comment. I agree that there is huge physical demand for silver in tech, solar, china, the list goes on and on. However, there is a lot of talk of deflation of commodities as well, and with recession comes less demand. Like I said, I'm long as well, but I'm a little bit skeptical here  and watching out for any signs of weakness.

Hi I believe that we are a long way from bubbles in both metals. I will be bulish the metals as long as there is no sound fiscal and monetary system in the world. Forget about ratious. Another thing is tha gold is very unpopular in the portfolios of hedge mutual pension and etc. funds!  In September the volume of silver spot market in China was 4 times the volume for the hole 2010. There is huge phisical demand.I believe that the US treasuries market is in a bubble and when that one burst, help us God!

• I smell a Short Sqeeze (JRCC,TASR,TSL)   2 years 34 weeks ago

Yep, I was a little bit premature (that's what she said) - I think we rally to at least 1220-1230 by the end of the week.

• Monday could be Great for Stocks   2 years 34 weeks ago

Present:  RUN

Past:     RAN

Past Participle:  RUN

A past participle indicates past or completed action or time. It is often called the 'ed' form as it is formed by adding d or ed, to the base form of regular verbs, however it is also formed in various other ways for irregular verbs.

Then of course there is RUN DMC, no confusion with RAN DMC.

• Monday could be Great for Stocks   2 years 34 weeks ago

Shouldn't that be "run" over by cars?

• I smell a Short Sqeeze (JRCC,TASR,TSL)   2 years 34 weeks ago

So much for the 1180 resistance. :)There were attempts for short squeeze though ( at least the stock I'm shorting). Luckily I'm still short :)I like your website. Keep up the good work and happy trading.

• Come on NetFlix   2 years 35 weeks ago

Nflx is incredibly stupid.  WTF are they thinking?

• Come on NetFlix   2 years 35 weeks ago

I just bot some NFLX $65 puts. Hell, it could go to $20!

• I smell a Short Sqeeze (JRCC,TASR,TSL)   2 years 35 weeks ago

Thanks for the feedback market_newbee. While I was writing this article earlier, the market was breakeven - now it's down a tiny bit, but I think we're definately seeing some support here at S&P 1180. We'll see...

• I smell a Short Sqeeze (JRCC,TASR,TSL)   2 years 35 weeks ago

I think this is more like a pause before resuming sinking. I could be wrong...but I think this could be a short squeeze only for weak bears with weak stops.

• Super Committee Drama: Cash and Volatility   2 years 35 weeks ago

Damn government

• ProShares Ultra Silver(AGQ) takes a beat-down   2 years 35 weeks ago

It's nice to hear positive feedback for a change. Normally people just call us jerks.

• ProShares Ultra Silver(AGQ) takes a beat-down   2 years 35 weeks ago

Keep it Stock Masters, love this stuff.  Finally some humor and wit with what's going on in the market.

• GMCR shareholders suicide rate down as shares gain 13% today   2 years 35 weeks ago
    Why