Chipotle Shares Holding $400 Level
Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) has found some recent strength as of 2017 staying above $400 on pipe dreams the business is recovering from its highly reported E. Coli disaster. The question now becomes will the anaysts covering the stock come to the rescue and support a $400+ price target?
CMG shareholders received good news this week when Wall Street learned the company expects a fourth-quarter same-store sales decline of 4.8%. The company said same-store sales decreased 20.2% in Oct. 2016, decreased 1.4% in Nov. 2016, and increased 14.7% in Dec. 2016. That Dec. increase sent shares to $418 from $395 the prior week. Any kind of good news has a big impact on CMG thanks to its high 17% short interest. Most traders don't believe CMG is ready to turn around yet and the short interest is a good indication.
CMG at $408 today puts the stock 5% above its 20 and 50 day moving averages. It is now just 1% under the 200 day moving average. That means it has support at this level and techincally the stock should remain and begin to move higher. What could move the stock higher is the analyst coverage and less of Bill Ackman's threats or headlines (recall he has close to a 10% stake in CMG).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cybersecurity of the Power Grid: A Growing Challenge | Financial Sense
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- Treasury Curve Collapses To Pre-Trump Flats, Banks Don't Care | ZeroHedge
- President Trump's Address To Congress: Key Highlights And Full Text | ZeroHedge
- Rate Hike in 12 Trading Days (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Boston Dynamics Unveils Its Latest "Nightmare-Inducing" Robot | ZeroHedge
- Russia, UAE Sign Breakthrough Military Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's exactly how to respond when your college grad... | Business Insider
- A startup that's building an unprecedented test for cancer just raised $900... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- These 4 smart-home devices work with your iPhone | Business Insider
- Consumer confidence soars to a 15-year high | Business Insider
- McDonald's could kill the drive-thru as we know it (MCD) | Business Insider
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos infuriated some with her... | Business Insider