Chappie on Blu-Ray and DVD in June
Very Angry Bird that I missed CHAPPIE in the theatre. The film cost approx. $49 million and it has made back its money at the box office. It's almost out of theatres. The good news is we won't have to wait long to watch it in HD at home.
I'm thinking CHAPPIE will make it up on the DVD / Blu-Ray market. Rated R did not help the film stay longer in theaters. However for the Neill B. fans we are glad he kept it rated R. You can still catch CHAPPIE in a few places around the U.S.. The film has made around $84 million at the box office. Not bad.
CHAPPIE will be released on Blu-ray and DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on June 16, 2015.
Chappie is Neill Blomkamp's third feature-length film as director. He wrote the screenplay along with his wife Terri Tatchell, who also co-wrote District 9. Filming began at the end of October 2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Filming was completed in February 2014. Re-shooting for the film took place in British Columbia, Canada in April 2014.
The name of the weapons company in Chappie - "Tetravaal" - is a reference to Blomkamp's 2003 short film of the same name, which centers on a police robot in Johannesburg with a similar design to Chappie. Blomkamp has said that Chappie is "basically based" on Tetra Vaal. Blomkamp also employed a robot with a similar design in his 2005 shortTempbot, and both Tempbot and his 2006 short/advertisement Yellow deal with a thinking and learning robot which tries to assimilate into society.
Extended Scene: “A Very Bad Man
Chappie: The Streetwise Professor” – An inside look at Chappie and casting Copley to play the robot and his performance via motion capture.
“Arms Race: The Weapons and Robots” – Get a deeper look at the real-world firepower tech and the design of the “Scout” robots & “Moose.”
“Bringing Chappie to Life: The Visual Effects” – The film’s VFX artists discuss the pre-production design process.
“From Tetra Vaal to Chappie:” – An in-depth exploration of the scriptwriting process, the early concept design work and other aspects of pre-production.
“Keep It Gangster”: – A behind-the-scenes look at the process of creating an authentic South African gangster world featuring interviews with NINJA and ¥O-LANDI VI$$ER.
“The Reality of Robotics:” – Discover present day robotics capabilities and next generation artificial intelligence, featuring an interview with Robotics Professor Wolfgang Fink.
Jozi: Real City and a Sci-Fi Setting” – Discover the history of the real world locations in the film and the role these setting played in the fictionalized version of Johannesburg.
“Rogue Robot: Deconstructing the Stunts & Special Effects” – A look at the film’s high-action stunt sequences.
“The Art of Chappie” Photo Gallery
We Are Tetravaal” featurette (Blu-ray and DVD exclusive featurette)
The same day Chappie hits stores, Sony will also release the Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection Blu-ray set that includes the director’s latest along with his first two features, District 9 and Elysium, along with all of their previously available bonus features as well as some newer features exclusive to this collection.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy One Eye, Get Two Crazy Eyes Free! | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta GDPNow Confirms “Hard” Data Still Disappointing | Financial Sense
- Death & Taxes... And Debt | ZeroHedge
- World Out of Whack: Your Attention Please | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: 2017 Could Be a "Game Changer" | Financial Sense
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Emirates just thought up a brilliant way to work around the US's ban on laptops in cabins | Business Insider
- Software that can understand images, sounds, and language is helping people with... | Business Insider
- French presidential poll finds... | Business Insider
- People are talking about hackers 'ransoming' Apple — here's what's... | Business Insider
- House Intelligence chief: We don't know 'for sure' if Trump... | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to... | Business Insider