High Yield CD Rates - Forgetaboutit
The best one year (12 month) CD you can lock into today is only at 1.27% APY. They get worse if you are trying to discover a 3 month or 6 month option.
Let's hope at some point certificates of deposit become a better option that can possibly yield 2% or more. Gone are the 12 month 4% APY rates days prior to 2009, we pray they come back at some point.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
The best bang for your buck comes from ALOSTAR, unless you want to lock up your money for 5 years.
Today ALOSTAR Bank of Commerce is offering a 1.27% APY for 12 months. You have to pony up at least $1,000 to get in on this - click for details.
If you are willing to not touch your cash for 3 years then go ahead and sign up for NOVA Bank's offer.
NOVA is offering a CD at 2.00% APY for 3 years. They require at least $500 minimum to open - click for details.
Both CD offers are covered by FDIC insurance up to $250,000.
Happy safe investing.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Farmer Loses Life Savings | Financial Sense
- Obama's Climate Fascism Is Another Nail In The Coffin For The U.S. Economy | ZeroHedge
- Is the Gold Price Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- Jimmy Carter Rages At What The U.S. Has Become: "Just An Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery" | ZeroHedge
- To Social Media's Horror - It 'Is' Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Load Up on Gold? | Financial Sense
- Where Candidates Fear To Tread - Pervasive Racketeering Is Destroying America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why foreign policy is the only issue to consider in the next election | Business Insider
- Volkswagen has overtaken Toyota to become the world's... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Those tuning in early for 'The Daily Show' finale Thursday might be in for a... | Business Insider
- Practically all the details for Samsung's next major phone have leaked | Business Insider
- Twitter shares close at all-time low on growth worries | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 8/3: (PRE) (SHPG... | StreetInsider.com