3 Bottom Fishing Stocks to close out 2012
Three stocks that are now comfortably off their 12 month lows are shares of Dendreon Corp (DNDN), Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CROX), and Crocs Inc (CROX). These are great bottom fishing plays and they could really bounce if we don't go off the 'Fiscal Cliff'.
Both Crocs (CROX) and Chipotle (CMG) are trading 12% above their 12 month lows. Dendreon (DNDN) is now 22% from its 52-week low. All three of these stocks have bottomed and are starting to regain market share. What we like about these stocks is they are very popular. They tend to trade with a great deal of volume, a few hundred thousand shares at the minimum. That means you can cash these stocks out if they don't move as you expect.
We started to warm up to Chipotle back in October, recall our article Chewing on Chipotle. The stock has finally bottomed and we listed a ton of reasons why its a buy. Now that CMG is in the $200 range and done crashing to new lows -- its starting to look attractive.
Like we said last month, Dendreon was worth the Gamble. Review that article to learn why Dendreon is a buy. Now that its 12% off its recent 12 month low, its time to start a position.
Crocs tends to follow the bullish and bearish trends of the market. This soccer mom / children's / nurse footwear play is worth a few bucks and it trades with a respectable P/E ratio. If the Fiscal Cliff problems are solved, this stock will bounce higher.
Bottom line: Don't bet the farm on these 3 stocks. Play the trend as these stocks move higher and go for the 5% to 10% gain. Don't be greedy. These stocks can fall back to their recent lows.
Let's recap our 3 bottom fishing stock picks for the end of 2012:
Dendreon Corp (DNDN) shares are trading under $5 at $4.73 a share. Dendreon shares have traded between $3.69 and $17.04 over the past 12 months.
Crocs Inc (CROX) shares have traded between $12 and $22.59 over the past 12 months. CROX shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.6 and EPS of 1.54.
Crocs is trading at $13.64 and its shares are 12.02% from its 52-week low.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) shares have a 52-week range between $233 and $442. over the past 12 months. CMG shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 30.8 and EPS of 8.6.
Chipotle is trading at $266.51 and its shares are 12.27% from its 52-week low.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lawmakers Vow Override of Obama's 9/11 Victims Bill Veto | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides as Iran Turns Down Saudi Offer | Financial Sense
- Hillary vs Donald: So Who Won? | ZeroHedge
- Markets Cheer BOJ Announcement | Financial Sense
- Russia-US Cyber Tensions Show the True Threat of Cyberwar | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Is The Highest In 9 Years (& The Lowest Since 2015) | ZeroHedge
- The Not so Silent Demise of Deutsche Bank | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why new media companies like Vice and Ozy are jumping into traditional TV | Business Insider
- Native ads will drive 74% of all ad revenue by 2021 | Business Insider
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- One of Europe’s buzziest pieces of contemporary art is a massive cheeky sculpture | Business Insider
- I wore the helmet of America’s most expensive war machine and there's nothing quite like it | Business Insider
- Why beard oil is the most important product every guy with facial hair should use | Business Insider
- Too many people are pretending to be rich | Business Insider