Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Marines Land In Norway For The First Time Since World War II, Angering Russia | ZeroHedge
- The Eight Forces That Are Pressuring Profits | Financial Sense
- Egyptian Court Rejects Transfer Of Two Red Sea Islands To Saudi Arabia, Setting Stage For "Iran Pivot" | ZeroHedge
- Why Futures Are Lower: JPMorgan Summarizes The Chaotic Overnight Session | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Faces Double-Digit Inflation Due To Crashing Lira, As Budget Deficit Hits Record | ZeroHedge
- Maxine Waters Calls For Trump Impeachment (Before He Takes Office) | ZeroHedge
- New ABC / WaPo Poll Shows Drop In Trump Favorability Courtesy Of Aggressive "Oversamples" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The hearing for Trump's Interior secretary pick... | Business Insider
- Canada's baby boomers are working more than ever before | Business Insider
- Google made a brilliant pivot to turn around its self-driving-car struggles | Business Insider
- Iraqis who escaped ISIS are now grappling with trauma | Business Insider
- Photos of the stunning inaugural ball gowns worn by first ladies over the... | Business Insider
- This simple tool fixes one of the biggest problems people have after a... | Business Insider
- A bunch of funds just got fined by the SEC for... | Business Insider