Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mutiny Breaks Out Inside The World's Most Successful Hedge Fund Over Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Armed Man With A Knife Rams Car Into Pedestrians In Heidelberg; Attacker Shot By Police | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Valuations Matter – Even For Millennial Investors | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Hacking Spree: Is Blockchain the Solution? | Financial Sense
- Beijing Responds To Trump Charge China Is A "Grand Champion At Currency Manipulation" | ZeroHedge
- What Could Go Wrong? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how Instagram's albums might improve engagement (... | Business Insider
- Tracy Morgan's big comeback is a stand-up special coming to Netflix... | Business Insider
- Nordstrom is spiking after a stellar fourth quarter (JWN) | Business Insider
- 2 simple things you should be doing if you feel as... | Business Insider
- Everything we know about the 'Wonder Woman' movie coming this... | Business Insider
- JCPenney's store closures could push hundreds of dying... | Business Insider
- Trump has asked NASA if astronauts could ride the... | Business Insider