Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Russia Ruble Plunges To New Record Low After OPEC Decision | ZeroHedge
- Technician: Gold May Take Several Quarters, If Not Years, To Recover | Financial Sense
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Oil Prices Collapse After OPEC Keeps Oil Production Unchanged - Live Conference Feed | ZeroHedge
- China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction | Financial Sense
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Single Biggest Way Shoppers Are Being Manipulated | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 8 Pictures That Will Make You Glad You Stayed Home On 'Black Friday Eve' | Business Insider
- OPEC Votes Not To Cut Production, Oil Prices Plummet | Business Insider
- The 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Russia's Northern Fleet Is In The English Channel | Business Insider
- South Korea current account surplus expands in October | Business Insider