Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don't Worry, You Are Not Alone: "No One Knows How To Price Brexit" Citi Admits | ZeroHedge
- Why Was A Gun Used in The Paris Terrorist Attacks Linked To "Fast And Furious" | ZeroHedge
- What's Driving This Ramp? The Biggest Short Squeeze In 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Militarization Of The US Goes Beyond Police Departments" | ZeroHedge
- Chris Wood: "It Will Take A Political Genius To Hold The EU Together", Italy Is The Flash Point | ZeroHedge
- Two Warning Signs That This Bounce is Not to Be trusted | ZeroHedge
- Why America Is Likely to Remain a Global Superpower | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A prominent Republican senator unloaded on Donald Trump in a testy interview | Business Insider
- Light pollution is making trees do something strange | Business Insider
- Twitter adds stickers for photo posts (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Twitch unveils micro-transaction tips for gamers (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- Donald Trump: 'Bernie Sanders cannot stand Hillary Clinton. He... | Business Insider
- People are taking longer to upgrade their smartphones (TMUS, S... | Business Insider