Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Morgan Stanley Set To Slash 2017 Broker Bonuses With 10% Increase In "Pay Grid" Thresholds | ZeroHedge
- Baltimore Cops Ask For Help After 73-Year-Old Man Stabbed To Death In Broad Daylight | ZeroHedge
- The Recount Continues... | ZeroHedge
- As Rome Burns... Investors Dump Gold, Send US Equity Markets To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Auditor Deloitte Fined A Record $8 Million For Massive Fraud | ZeroHedge
- American Greed - The Fix (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Is The US Government Behind The Fake News Media Attacks On President-Elect Trump? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Why is it refreshing to make false... | Business Insider
- ASH CARTER: Retaking Mosul from ISIS is... | Business Insider
- Here's what every symbol on top of your iPhone means | Business Insider
- Financial Times is now officially digital-first | Business Insider
- Big Oil is all set to bounce back in 2017 | Business Insider
- The 10 most popular stars in 2016, according to IMDb | Business Insider
- A judge has ruled that damaging testimony Bill Cosby gave in an... | Business Insider