Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Homes Sales Surprise Forecast | Financial Sense
- 5 Year Bond Auction With Highest Yield For 2015 Leads To Strong Demand, Jump In Direct Bidders | ZeroHedge
- The People Have Spoken; Exodus Wins Again | iBankCoin.com
- The Real Story Behind Deutsche Bank's Latest Book Cooking Settlement | ZeroHedge
- Robots on Verge of Replacing Human Anesthesiologists | Financial Sense
- "We're Living In A Make-Believe World" Biderman Warns "A Global Recession Is Inevitable" | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Of Your Life The US Has Spent At War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The story behind the former top-ranking FIFA executive who... | Business Insider
- Here's what we know about Traffic Group, the sports marketing company... | Business Insider
- Here are the most common words in tech, finance, and energy job listings | Business Insider
- The people who keep us safe from hackers fear new regulations could put them in... | Business Insider
- Mary Meeker's stunning 2015 presentation on the state of the web | Business Insider
- Dollar soars to 124.25 yen, highest in more than 12 years... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek