Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX Tops 15 As Stocks Slide To 2-Week Low | ZeroHedge
- US Ambassador To Cyprus Withdrawn After Diplomatic Blunder Involving Nemtsov Murder | ZeroHedge
- Treasury 'Short Overhang' Lifts After Actavis Prices 2nd Largest Bond Issue Ever | ZeroHedge
- Fed Policy For Dummies (In 2 Simple Charts) | ZeroHedge
- As 1000s Mourn At Nemtsov's Funeral, Seven Main Conspiracy Theories Emerge | ZeroHedge
- This is Going to Push the US into Recession and Crush Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Double Standards Exist for a Reason | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A photographer set out to meet 100 Russians at every age, and... | Business Insider
- Concern grows for civilians as noose tightens around... | Business Insider
- THE BEACONS FAQ: Everything you need to know about beacons and Apple's iBeacon... | Business Insider
- Some of the biggest theater chains are refusing to show Netflix's... | Business Insider
- The first ad for Tinder Plus sees a woman go on a sex-filled tour of Europe with her Tinder matches... | Business Insider
- Australians on Indonesia death row leave for execution... | Business Insider
- Visa says we're all going to have internet-connected fridges in the future | Business Insider