Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crude Tumbles Below $50 After Biggest Cushing Build Since Jan 2009 | ZeroHedge
- White Anger: Fed Helped Elect Trump; Tale of Two Job Markets | Financial Sense
- Why Italy’s Referendum Carries Risks for the Entire EU | Financial Sense
- German Companies Pull Ads From Breitbart | ZeroHedge
- Stocks And Volatility Indices Both Jump - Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets With Trump To Discuss Creation Of "Millions Of Green Jobs" | ZeroHedge
- Meet the 2017 FOMC | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These eerily empty street photos show how different New York City was in the crime-ridden... | Business Insider
- 'The 4-Hour Workweek' author Tim Ferriss shares the 5 books that have influenced... | Business Insider
- An advisor to Erdogan believes that foreign chefs on Turkish... | Business Insider
- This rainbow tree is real — and it grows naturally in the... | Business Insider
- 14 photos that show why Asheville, North Carolina, was... | Business Insider
- Investors shouldn't 'drink the Kool-Aid' that Wall Street's... | Business Insider
- A short seller tweeted that Trump could crush a healthcare company, and now... | Business Insider