Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- Valeant Plunges 10% Amid Exposure Of "Astronomical" Price Increases | ZeroHedge
- Global Dollar Funding Shortage Intesifies To Worst Level Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- It's The Entrepreneur That Saves An Economy – Not The Fed | ZeroHedge
- China's President Confirms Practice Of Moving Official Reserve Assets To Other Entities In China | ZeroHedge
- Dow Surges 650 Points Off "Dismal Jobs Data" Lows, Small Caps Up 5%! | ZeroHedge
- Global Investors "Panic" Most Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amtrak train derails in central Vermont; no word on... | Business Insider
- Obama administration designates 2 new marine sanctuaries | Business Insider
- The incredible life of private equity titan Robert Smith, the 268th wealthiest... | Business Insider
- A 15-minute online quiz can give you a scientifically... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Ukraine warring sides announce start of small arms... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Confusion over bombing of Afghanistan hospital... | Business Insider