Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Greek Endgame Is Here": Probability Of IMF Default Now 70%, Says Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- The NSA's Technotyranny: One Nation Under Surveillance | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Warns Greece "Is Not Investable" As Germany Denies Any Deal Progress | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To The Funny-Money Generation | ZeroHedge
- Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Paul Singer Reveals The "Bigger Short" | ZeroHedge
- Bull Market Dealt A Significant Blow? | ZeroHedge
- Crony Capitalism At Work - Boeing Threatens To Leave US If Ex-Im Subsidy Yanked | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the Chinese version of Google Glass and it's only a fraction... | Business Insider
- Here's what Evan Spiegel wants to change about Snapchat | Business Insider
- Adblock Plus victorious again in court versus... | Business Insider
- Greece hoping for deal to unlock bailout funds by Sunday | Business Insider
- Apple design head Jony Ive has DOUBLE the patents of Thomas Edison | Business Insider
- Mystery of holes in Swiss cheese cracked after a century | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek