Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Euro Zone "Danger Zone" - Greek Bank Runs and UK, Irish Property Prices Falling ... Again | ZeroHedge
- The Monetary Approach Reigns Supreme | Financial Sense
- Invisible Solar Cells to Harvest Free Energy Everywhere | Financial Sense
- Another Oligarch Preaches To The Peasants: Charlie Munger Says "Prepare For Harder World" | ZeroHedge
- Germanwings Co-Pilot "Deliberately Destroyed" Airplane, Identified As 28-Year Old German Citizen | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Mar 26, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Eva Mendes spent just $6 on the dress she wore to her first red carpet | Business Insider
- Abenomics is back to square zero as Japanese inflation disappears | Business Insider
- US oil rig count plummets again (BHI, USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (GOOG, AAPL, AMZN, YHOO, FB) | Business Insider
- How Glenn Guthrie became Charles Barkley's financial advisor | Business Insider
- Yahoo adds $2 billion to its share buyback program (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Slack, the chatting app for co-workers that's worth more than $1 billion, has been hacked | Business Insider