Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dramatic First-Person Video Of Attempted Gunpoint Robbery Courtesy Of GoPro | ZeroHedge
- Soros Issues Major Warning; U.K. Sees Large Outflows | Financial Sense
- PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action | Financial Sense
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Fast Underwater | iBankCoin.com
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 2 | Financial Sense
- Hey, REITs: Step Into My Office | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- European stocks edge up but hang on Scotland vote | Business Insider
- A Crazy Plan Could See These Oil-Rich... | Business Insider
- The US Air Force Turns 67 Today — Here's Why Airmen Are Way Tougher Than... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Apple's Next Major Product Unveiling Is Coming Next Month (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Even Kevin Lynch's Wife Had No Idea He Was Working On The Apple... | Business Insider
- Apple May Have Made The iPhone 6 In 20 Different Sizes Before It Found The Perfect Fit (AAPL... | Business Insider
- France to receive first Ebola patient | Business Insider