Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Heading for a Choppier Market | Financial Sense
- The Horse in Motion | Financial Sense
- NY Times Outs White House Sources Who Provided Intel Reports To Nunes | ZeroHedge
- What Obamacare’s Failure Means for America | Financial Sense
- Morgan Stanley Finds A "Stunning Divergence" In The Economic Data | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Border Wall May Force Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- Nunes Refuses To Share Intelligence Source With Other Committee Members | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 sentences to avoid saying to your boss at all costs | Business Insider
- The 8 most important watches announced at the world's largest watch show | Business Insider
- Bitcoin dives after the SEC shoots down plans for another bitcoin ETF | Business Insider
- The best Microsoft phone you can now get is a Samsung Galaxy S8 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Steve Wynn just lost his slander appeal against Jim Chanos | Business Insider
- Bob Dylan is headed to Stockholm this weekend to receive... | Business Insider