Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Investors' Panic-Buy S&P At Open - Erases All BoJ Cliff-Dive Losses | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Buy Back Higher in November | Financial Sense
- Trump Ties Hillary In Latest National Poll | ZeroHedge
- Head Of Deutsche Bank "Integrity Committee" Fired Due To "Overzealousness" | ZeroHedge
- Blistering 7 Year Auction Stops Through, Driven By Surge In Foreign Central Bank Demand | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Donald Trump's Teleprompted Foreign Policy Speech | ZeroHedge
- It's The Debt Stupid: Scotiabank Warns "At Some Point 'The Future' Becomes 'Today'" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bobby Knight compares Donald Trump to Harry Truman, who had the 'guts to... | Business Insider
- The 10 best US cities for recent college grads | Business Insider
- The best cheese dish from 19 countries around the world | Business Insider
- Valeant's CEO apologized, but the rest of the industry is still hiking... | Business Insider
- The world's strategy against drug trafficking... | Business Insider
- The world's highest-paid supermodel was rejected 42 times before she got her big... | Business Insider
- Self-driving trucks will hit the road more quickly than... | Business Insider