Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The True Meaning Of Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- China Unleashes Perfect Storm Of Bad News Prompting Stock Market Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Mark Dice Confronts America's Zombie Shoppers | ZeroHedge
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
- ISIS Releases "Greatest" Piece Of Terrorist Video Propaganda In History, Tells US, Russia To "Bring It On" | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President | ZeroHedge
- To Junk Bond Traders "It Almost Feels Like 2008" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists finally figured out why Rosetta's comet looks like a duck | Business Insider
- Italian premier pledges to fight terrorism alongside... | Business Insider
- Prosecutors seek 580 years for kidnapper of 2 NY Amish... | Business Insider
- Russia vows to follows all WADA recommendations on doping... | Business Insider
- 7 successful people share the one guilty purchase they can't live without | Business Insider
- Conservatives at odds with Obama, and science, on climate... | Business Insider
- Cameron: UK must attack IS in Syria to deny group safe... | Business Insider