Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX Spread Signaling Excessive Complacence on Market Risk | Financial Sense
- How The 'Deplorables' Can Save America | ZeroHedge
- Crude Declines As OPEC Deal Doubts Emerge; Futures Roll Over | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The Best Scream Fests From Today's John Stumpf Hearing | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Madness Swirls At House Judiciary Committee As Comey Attempts To Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Colin Kaepernick lost a ton of weight over the offseason, and it's holding him back... | Business Insider
- These are the 4 best budget laptops on the market | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Samsung may have an exploding washing machine problem | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right... | Business Insider
- A law professor explains why he wants the open seat in the... | Business Insider
- How coupons could boost Samsung Pay | Business Insider