Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece Begins The Great Pivot Toward Russia | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Saves The Day: Stocks Soar After Fed Chairwoman Tells Democrats To BTFD | ZeroHedge
- S&P Sales Growth Is Fine, but EPS Margins May Have Flattened | Financial Sense
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
- On Money and Society: An Exclusive Interview With Steve Baker MP | Financial Sense
- Ukraine Is "Pressing" Obama For $3 Billion In Financial Aid | ZeroHedge
- Random Thoughts on a Cruise to Nowhere | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch This Utterly Amazing Video From GoPro's New Slow-Mo Camera (GPRO) | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- Google Whiffs On Earnings, Investors Yawn (GOOG) | Business Insider
- New Saudi king announces major government shake-up | Business Insider
- JAWBONE: These Are The Habits That Affect Weight Loss The Most | Business Insider
- MAP: Here Are The 43 Tesco Stores That Will Be Shut Down To Cut Costs | Business Insider
- Deliveroo, The Online Food Delivery Service Just For Restaurants, Is... | Business Insider