Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caption Contest: Virtually President | ZeroHedge
- The 5 Incredible Things To Do To Live A Charmed Life | Altucher Confidential
- Harvard Professor Demands Ban On $20, $50, $100 Bills | ZeroHedge
- US Trade Deficit Shrinks On Biggest Spike In Food & Beverage Exports In History | ZeroHedge
- With Janet Yellen Just Hours Away, Directionless Markets Wait For A Signal | ZeroHedge
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- In "Victory For Eurosceptics" British PM Will Begin Brexit Negotiations Without Parliamentary Vote | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The strange history of the EpiPen, the device developed by the military that... | Business Insider
- Everything we expect Apple to announce at its event on in September (... | Business Insider
- How Tinder destroyed my self-esteem | Business Insider
- Tesla still doesn't get enough credit for how incredible the Model S is (tsla) | Business Insider
- This ingenious pan will cut down the time you spend cooking and cleaning dishes | Business Insider
- 9 hidden Xbox One features only power users know about (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram has been hacked, just after he got it | Business Insider