Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Lessons From a Failed Prediction | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: September 2 | ZeroHedge
- China's "Historic" 70th Victory Day Parade: Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Oxygen & Markets - Why The Collapse Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- US Services Economy 'Solid' In August - Signals September Hike Back On Table | ZeroHedge
- California Judge Grants Class-Action Status To Uber Drivers' Suit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump defends Kanye West from his haters | Business Insider
- Tebow throws 2 TD passes in Eagles' 24-18 loss to Jets | Business Insider
- Intel is about to drive another stake through the heart of the... | Business Insider
- Three sentences from Deutsche Bank's... | Business Insider
- Stocks are bouncing back after an ugly start to the month (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, WTI, OIL, VDE... | Business Insider
- 11 choices rich people make that the rest of us don’t | Business Insider
- China's Bohai to buy jet lessor Avolon in $7.6 bn deal | Business Insider