Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Responds To California Protesters: "Felt Like I Was Crossing The Border, But I Got Here" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Protesters Breach Barricades, Clash With Riot Police - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Unveils First Q2 GDP Forecast, Sees 1.8% Growth, 0.5% Below Wall Street Consensus | ZeroHedge
- The Placebo Effect | Financial Sense
- In Latest US-China Escalation, Beijing Denies US Aircraft Carrier Access To Hong Kong Port | ZeroHedge
- China Takes Drastic Measures To Save The Regime | ZeroHedge
- "Never. Been. Higher." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 'global convergence' could change everything for investors | Business Insider
- Laremy Tunsil — the NFL prospect who was... | Business Insider
- Meet the 7 stylish NFL players ushering in a new wave of sports fashion | Business Insider
- Elon Musk makes bold claim about Autopilot, Tesla's... | Business Insider
- How the free-to... | Business Insider
- A college admitted that spending $17,500 on a table may... | Business Insider
- Out of all the affordable Bluetooth speakers I’ve tested, this one is my... | Business Insider