Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Asks: "Is America Now A Banana Republic" | ZeroHedge
- Stalled EU-Canada Trade Deal Gets Greenlight Following Belgium Approval | ZeroHedge
- Michael Moore: "Trump's Election Will Be The Biggest Fuck You Ever Recorded In Human History" | ZeroHedge
- KKR Calls The Top: PE Giant Selling Distressed Debt It Bought Earlier This Year | ZeroHedge
- Bond Rout Sends Dow, S&P Into Red As USD Jumps | ZeroHedge
- Small Stocks Threaten Breakdown – Can They Hang On? | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Growth Disappoints As Post-Summer Slump Accelerates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how much $100 is worth in every state | Business Insider
- The Army just made history and got 10 new female infantry officers | Business Insider
- The first important test in the drug-price hike... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- A Google mystery: The names and bios of the company’s top execs are no longer... | Business Insider
- GrubHub's record-breaking performance continues (GRUB) | Business Insider
- The linchpin of Central Asia could face a revolution — and it could pit... | Business Insider