Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Neil Ty - The Scientism Guy | ZeroHedge
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- Breslow: "What We've Seen So Far This Week Has Been A Gap Repricing Without Any Price Discovery" | ZeroHedge
- Think Tank Reports ISIS Is Falling Apart: "May Actually Lead To More Terrorist Attacks Across The Globe" | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan: "Trump's Tax Plan Will Be Virtually Impossible To Pass Through Congress" | ZeroHedge
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
- San Francisco Judge Blocks Trump's Sanctuary City Order | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Far-right French... | Business Insider
- Serena Williams explains how she ended up engaged to a... | Business Insider
- 15 schools produce nearly half of all first-round picks in the NFL Draft... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Instagram's user base has doubled in the last 2 years to 700 million (FB) | Business Insider
- Prosecutors say an inmate at the jail Sheriff David Clarke... | Business Insider
- UBS: The Unicorn Frappuccino will drive Starbucks higher (SBUX... | Business Insider