Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shocking Bank Of Japan Trick And QE Boosting Treat Sends Futures To Record High | ZeroHedge
- 20-Year CBS News Veteran Details Massive Censorship And Propaganda In Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed is Absolutely Terrified of Something… What Is It? | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Approves Mandatory 21-Day Quarantine Of US Troops Returning From Ebola Missions | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Mint Gold Coin Sales Near 60,000 - "Islamic State, Ebola, Putin, Ukraine" and Swiss Gold Initiative | ZeroHedge
- The M&A Gift That Keeps On Giving: Mass Layoffs Coming To A Tim Hortons Near You | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Brain Map Shows Why People On Shrooms See Sounds And Hear Colors | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Adv. Q3 GDP Outpaces; Citi... | StreetInsider.com
- uBeam Just Raised $10 Million So You Can Charge Your Phone While Walking Around Your House | Business Insider
- Lysol Bought The Top Google Search Ad For The Word 'Ebola,' And Then Changed Its Mind... | Business Insider
- Younis leads Pakistan charge against sloppy Australia | Business Insider
- How To Make Your iPhone Spooky For Halloween (AAPL) | Business Insider
- NYC Subway Named The Safest In The World For Women | Business Insider