Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buys: $EGRX, $IMUC, $SB | iBankCoin.com
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- Student And Car Loans Account For 102% Of All New February Consumer Credit | ZeroHedge
- Loophole Makes Hilarious Mockery Of US Crude Oil Export Ban | ZeroHedge
- Profits Will Come, Ray | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Obama And Putin Are Trapped In A Macho Game Of "Chicken" | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Explains How He Will Blow The Student Loan Bubble Even Bigger - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Tech Things You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- Silicon Valley 100 2014: A-Z | Business Insider
- 5 Subliminal Sex Messages Hidden In Ads For Wholesome Brands | Business Insider
- The 25 Best Companies For LGBT Employees | Business Insider
- More Students Than Ever Can't Afford To Attend... | Business Insider
- Top... | StreetInsider.com
- The Dollar And The Euro Are Surging, Treasuries Are Getting Beat Up, And Stocks Just Hit An All-... | Business Insider