Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Top Turkish Banker Arrested At JFK Airport Over Massive Gold Money-Laundering Scheme | ZeroHedge
- March Consumer Confidence Highest Since 2000 | Financial Sense
- Leaving The EU's Customs Union Is The Only Logical Step For A Truly "Global Britain" | ZeroHedge
- The Next Clash Emerges: Trump-Ryan Deeply Divided Over Tax 'Cuts' | ZeroHedge
- Another DHS “Exercise” Planned: The Risk of Terrorism Drills Becoming Reality | ZeroHedge
- Republican Controlled House Committee Passes Measure to Audit the Fed | ZeroHedge
- Robots are Taking Our Jobs, and That is a Good Thing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former State Department official: Evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia... | Business Insider
- Meet Alexei Navalny — the Russian opposition leader challenging... | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders says he wants to work with Trump on a healthcare... | Business Insider
- Apple just made a historic and risky change to all iPhones — and you probably didn... | Business Insider
- These are the key names that keep coming up in the Trump-Russia investigation | Business Insider
- Snapchat just got a deluge of bullish ratings from Wall... | Business Insider
- The Taliban just released a map of territory it controls in Afghanistan — and it's surprisingly accurate | Business Insider