Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This The End Of The Road For Apple's Self-Driving Car? | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About Money In The 2016 Presidential Race | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Email That Caused The "Quid Pro Quo" Controversy Included Intel On Benghazi Attackers | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- Never Before Seen Secret Memo On AIG Bailout From Fed's Tarullo To Obama Revealed In Podesta Emails | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are On The Wrong Side Of A Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Foreign Policy 'Elites' Eagerly Await Expansion Of Overseas Wars Under Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- French police protests are ignoring government... | Business Insider
- 15 signs you're underpaid | Business Insider
- In less than a week, North Korea carries out a second failed missile launch | Business Insider
- AOL founder Steve Case says Silicon Valley's dominance is coming... | Business Insider
- How Trump and Clinton could affect Obamacare | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- This couple couldn't afford to live in San Francisco, so they're building tiny homes made from shipping... | Business Insider