Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Contagion: Nord LB, Lufthansa, Korean Air Pull Bond Deals | ZeroHedge
- US Bonds, Stocks Rally As Most Systemically Dangerous Bank In The World Collapses | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
- Bush vs Obama As Explained By Glenn Greenwald In One Tweet | ZeroHedge
- Howard Dean Stands By Tweet Accusing Trump Of Snorting Blow, Wants An Answer | ZeroHedge
- Nate Silver: 51.1% Chance Of Trump Winning If Election Held Today | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Researchers are using holograms to detect malaria infections in... | Business Insider
- Hollywood bigshots gave this startup founder the idea to write music with... | Business Insider
- Snapchat filters were the real winners of the first Trump-Clinton debate | Business Insider
- One of Target's top executives has mysteriously left the company | Business Insider
- 'We are in a bubble': Trump says the... | Business Insider
- A startup that tries to gauge your cancer risk just raised another $45 million | Business Insider
- Here's how much the top Wall Street banks have earned... | Business Insider