Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Head Doctor Fighting Africa's "Out Of Control" Ebola Epidemic Contracts The Virus | ZeroHedge
- Dutch Investigators End Another Ukraine Conspiracy: No Evidence Black Box Was Tampered With | ZeroHedge
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
- Phantom Liquidity and Perfect Pilfering | Financial Sense
- The Rot Within, Part III: Our Political Order Is Defined By Favoritism And Extortion | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Rebels Shoot Down Two Ukraine Fighter Jets, Defense Ministry Reports - Video Coverage | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume | TheStreet.com
- Here's How Richard Branson Celebrated His Birthday On Necker Island | Business Insider
- Terror Threat Against Norway | Business Insider
- The 15 Best Tech CEOs To Work For | Business Insider
- Ben Gurion Airport Isn't The Only Place American Planes Can't Fly | Business Insider
- Smart TVs Are On Pace To Take Over The Entire TV Market | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek