Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- JPM Cuts Q1 GDP Forecast To Just 0.3% | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns "Trump Now A Captive Of The Deep State" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Explans Why He Flipped On NAFTA: Canadian, Mexican Leaders Called Me To Renegotiate | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Drop In March - Stagnant For 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing Exter's Liquidity Pyramid (In Physical $100 Bills) | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Paul Ryan And House GOP Address Spending Bill, Obamacare, Trump Tax Reform | ZeroHedge
- JD Power Lowers 2017 Auto SAAR As High Discounts "Threaten Industry's Long-Term Health" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Republicans have a new plan to repeal Obamacare — and it may bring... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- 20 stunning photos of life inside North Korea as it celebrates its founder... | Business Insider
- This company spent two years perfecting gym socks, and it paid off | Business Insider
- Here's why Macron is a risky bet for France and Europe | Business Insider
- Some of our favorite iPhone and iPad cases are on sale — and more of... | Business Insider
- One cool feature of the Samsung Galaxy S8 makes me really excited for the... | Business Insider