Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And The Market Breaks (As VIX Hits 2015 Lows) | ZeroHedge
- Suicide Bomber Detonates In Saudi Mosque, ISIS Suspected | ZeroHedge
- Dear FBI: Here Is Today's Market Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: 10 Images That Suggest America Is Becoming A Lot Like Nazi Germany | ZeroHedge
- "Strongly Dissatisfied" China Warns US "Accident" Is "Highly Likely" In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- GDP Seasonal Adjustment: There’s No Smoking Gun | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Officially Apologizes For Being A Criminal Market Manipulator | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 of the best graduation speeches of all time | Business Insider
- Fresh air strikes and ground fighting in Yemen | Business Insider
- Incredible before-and-after photos show how much New York City has changed... | Business Insider
- The 31-year-old convicted of running a huge criminal website asks to be spared... | Business Insider
- Cedenio dominates Merritt at Ponce Grand Prix | Business Insider
- The most embarrassing Russian military failures of all time | Business Insider
- Pakistan mark six-year home return with victory | Business Insider