Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IMF Downplays Trump Stimulus Effect; Slashes Saudi, Mexico Growth In Latest World Economic Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Beware of the Self Help Guru or Real Estate Seminar Business (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Trump Ensnares Media in Yet Another Fake News Boondoggle | ZeroHedge
- Why Everyone Is Complacent: "2016 Saw The Fewest S&P 500 Drawdowns Ever" | ZeroHedge
- The Number One Concern For US Citizens Is... Terrorism!? | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Is Concerned: "The S&P Has Surged 6% Since The Election But 2017 EPS Forecasts Haven't Budged" | ZeroHedge
- At Least 20 Killed (6 Children) After Turkish Airlines 747 Crashes Into Kyrgyzstan Residences | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An exercise scientist reveals why working out at home might be better than the gym | Business Insider
- You can now book workout classes directly from Google | Business Insider
- We got our hands on the $44,000 watch that only 352 people can own | Business Insider
- As London softens on pace of Brexit, Brussels appears... | Business Insider
- 12 inspiring quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. | Business Insider
- 'A new life; an uncertain life': Everyday life starts... | Business Insider
- At least 4 killed, 12 wounded in gunfight at Mexico... | Business Insider