Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Recognition Of China's NPLs Has Begun: A Chinese Bad Loan Is Trying To Find A U.S. Buyer | ZeroHedge
- Even WSJ Admits OPEC Production Cut Story "May Be Bogus" | ZeroHedge
- HSBC Cancels Pay Freeze After Two Weeks Following "Staff Revolt" | ZeroHedge
- It Was Never About Oil, Part 2: It Was Always Leverage & Volatility | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right: Immigration Declines Sharply Since Start Of Deportation Raids | ZeroHedge
- Social Justice, Prosperity, and Precious Metals | ZeroHedge
- JPM's Kolanovic Warns Upcoming Recession Could Be Comparable To 2008 Crisis; Says "Buy Gold, Cash And VIX" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iraqi forces claim they’ve won back half of ISIS-controlled... | Business Insider
- Here are IoT trends that will change the way businesses, governments, and consumers... | Business Insider
- TOM DEMARK: The stock market will bottom in the next 2 or 3 days (SPX, SPY) | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Bernie Sanders jabs at Hillary Clinton: 'You're not in... | Business Insider
- Apple's reportedly doing an... | Business Insider
- Just a fraction of the world's oil supply isn't profitable at $35 a... | Business Insider