Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks: October 2007 vs. March 2014 | Financial Sense
- Globalists Gas Game Theory | ZeroHedge
- Why London, Too, Will Balk At Sanctions Against Russia (And Putin Knows It) | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
- Dollar Bears Tread Carefully, Better Tone Coming | ZeroHedge
- Ned Schmidt: Bear Market in Gold Is Over | Financial Sense
- Enter the Inter | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Exact Sciences, Rexahn, Advaxis, Peregrine | TheStreet.com
- RANKED: The Investment Banks Raking In The Most Fees On Wall Street | Business Insider
- Erdogan Government Hit With New Recording Of Alleged... | Business Insider
- 23 Photos That Show Why New Jersey’s Beautiful Revel Casino Is Struggling | Business Insider
- 'Grumpy Cat' Still Hates Everyone At South By Southwest | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Ellipticals On The Market Right Now | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com