Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Government Ruined U.S. Healthcare (And What We Can Actually Do About It) | ZeroHedge
- Valeant: The End Of The Michael Pearson Era | ZeroHedge
- Will Sean Spicer Announce A Delay On The Vote During Today's Presser? - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- 5 Maps That Show China's Biggest Limitations | ZeroHedge
- Mainstream Media Has Managed To Politicize A Frivolous Lawsuit (And Used Fake Headlines To Do It) | ZeroHedge
- BUSTED! Twitter Caught Manipulating Tweets Of Former BlackRock Fund Manager Critical Of CIA and NSA | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Propagandist David Brock Suffers Heart Attack | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Disney made a lot of changes in its new 'Beauty and the Beast' — here are 9 of the biggest... | Business Insider
- An entrepreneur shares 5 behaviors that make you a bad boss without... | Business Insider
- 'What in the hell are we doing': Biden questions Trump... | Business Insider
- THE US FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How the US regulatory environment is holding back the fintech industry | Business Insider
- A professor built an AI teaching assistant for... | Business Insider
- The Secret Service requested $60 million of additional funding to protect the Trump family | Business Insider
- Anne Frank Center needles Trump after arrest of Jewish community bomb threat... | Business Insider