Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap July 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Russian Sanctions Leading To Economic Contraction... In Germany? | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- They Call Them Junk Bonds For A Reason... | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Possessed the Type of Missile System Which Shot Down Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-17 | ZeroHedge
- Quiet Economic Calendar Means All Attention Focused On Ukraine And Gaza | ZeroHedge
- Will Investors Get Out In Time This Time? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Insanely Rich Tech Founder Would You Rather Be, Evan Spiegel Or Kevin Systrom? | Business Insider
- Netflix Reports A Perfectly In-Line Quarter, And Stock Does Nothing In Reaction (NFLX) | Business Insider
- A Prominent Law Professor Was Killed In His Home, And Police... | Business Insider
- China's Total Debt Surges To 251% Of GDP | Business Insider
- Everything We Know About The Huge Spy Base In Cuba That Russia Is... | Business Insider
- These Are The Simple Fixes That Could Help Online Retailers... | Business Insider
- Mixing Alcohol With Energy Drinks Makes Us Want To Drink More | Business Insider