Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "QE Benefits Mostly The Wealthy" JPMorgan Admits, And Lists 8 Ways ECB's QE Will Hurt Everyone Else | ZeroHedge
- Our Money Is On This Guy | ZeroHedge
- Mapping The World's Greatest Risks (According To Davos) | ZeroHedge
- "Oil Drillers Are Going To Die" In Q2, Conway Mackenzie Warns "Expect Outright Liquidations" | ZeroHedge
- Housing Affordability: How Does the U.S. Compare to Canada, China, Australia, Japan, Ireland, UK | Financial Sense
- Robin Griffiths Sees Topping Process in Stocks, Expects Bear Market This Year | Financial Sense
- Rocky Horror Picture Show | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Will Starbucks Mobile Order Program Boost Its Business? | TheStreet.com
- This Rare Baby Pygmy Hippo Is Latest Hope For An Endangered Species | Business Insider
- UPS Shares Got Crushed After The Company Warned That Its 4th-Quarter Results Will Be Terrible (UPS) | Business Insider
- Iraq beat Iran on penalties to reach Asian Cup semis | Business Insider
- What I Heard Inside One Of Those Mysterious Closed-Door Meetings At Davos | Business Insider
- Here's How Studying Physics Has Helped Elon Musk Find Insights Everybody Else Misses... | Business Insider
- Here Is Absolutely Everything We Know About The 2015 Super Bowl Ads So Far | Business Insider