Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Week's Key Economic And Financial Events | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- Fukushima Aborts Latest Robot Mission Inside Reactor; Radiation At "Unimaginable" Levels | ZeroHedge
- Barclays: "Equities Rushed To Price In The Reagan 1986 Tax Cuts Before Crashing In 1987" | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing Jumps to 33-Year High | Financial Sense
- Gold The "Ultimate Insurance Policy" as "Grave Concerns About Euro" - Greenspan | ZeroHedge
- Undeniable – Small Businesses Love Trump and His Policies | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Taxpayer money is keeping many Catholic schools alive | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- These are the 4 best sound bars you can buy | Business Insider
- Marine Le Pen is taking her first meeting with a foreign head of... | Business Insider
- THE RETAILER... | Business Insider
- JPMorgan's head of US equities on the... | Business Insider
- David Tepper's Appaloosa just dropped about $1 billion... | Business Insider