Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hawkier Fed, Drowning Oil, and Insiders Jumping Ship | Financial Sense
- Banks Stocks could underperform for years (Update) | ZeroHedge
- Vote Fiasco Leads To Longest Dow Losing Streak Since Election, VIX At 2017 Highs | ZeroHedge
- World Out of Whack: Your Attention Please | ZeroHedge
- South Korea Says North Korea Conducted Unsuccessful Missile Launches, US Officials Aware | ZeroHedge
- Wellesley College Says Controversial Speakers "Impose On The Liberty Of Students" By Making Them Think Too Much | ZeroHedge
- Market Looking Toppy; Exercise Patience | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico warned companies it would not be in their best... | Business Insider
- There will be 24 billion IoT devices installed on Earth by 2020 | Business Insider
- The company behind underwear maker Duluth Trading... | Business Insider
- Save tons of money on Amazon's most popular gadgets — and more of today... | Business Insider
- The world's largest hedge fund just published a 61-page paper on populism... | Business Insider
- You might be drinking water from the last Ice Age, and 16 other striking facts about Earth's life-giving liquid... | Business Insider
- Emirates just thought up a brilliant way to work around the US's ban on laptops in cabins | Business Insider