Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Brodsky: "Only The Court Jester Gets To Speak Truth To Power And Laugh About It" | ZeroHedge
- Peso Plunges As White House Plans NAFTA Withdrawal Executive Order | ZeroHedge
- What Happened The Last Time Companies Got A Tax-Break On Overseas Cash? | ZeroHedge
- Hasta La Vista... Traders? (The Future of Artificial Intelligence in the Financial Industry) | Financial Sense
- Trump Adminstration Begins Probe Into Aluminum Imports' "National Security Threat" | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- United had more pet deaths in 2016 than any other major US airline (UAL)... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Trump has reportedly huddled with Matt Drudge in the Oval Office | Business Insider
- Starbucks slides after a key measure of sales misses expectations (SBUX) | Business Insider
- In the most TED moment ever, a man in a jetpack flew in front of the TED... | Business Insider
- 'There will be no speech... | Business Insider
- Trump just scored a big win with the conservatives who killed his... | Business Insider