Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Playing The Trump Effect On FX Markets | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Brick-and-Mortar Retail an "Absolute Train Wreck" | Financial Sense
- Gold Up 5.5% YTD - Hard Brexit Cometh and Weaker Dollar Under Trump | ZeroHedge
- Why Outsiders Need Insiders To Get Anything Done | ZeroHedge
- Chinese New Home Prices Soar by 12.4% in December -- Higher by 25% in Tier One Cities | ZeroHedge
- "Dull Draghi" - What Wall Street Expects From The ECB | ZeroHedge
- Donald Trump, Betsy DeVos and School Choice | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of Wall Street's favorite clothing companies is offering an... | Business Insider
- Apple's next iPhone rumored to have facial recognition... | Business Insider
- An eye doctor explains why your eyes twitch sometimes | Business Insider
- Retailers miss on email marketing goals | Business Insider
- If you bought dairy products in the last 13 years in more than a dozen US states, you could be... | Business Insider
- The Kremlin is planning to build an exclusive health... | Business Insider
- This is the single most important gadget to bring with you when you’re... | Business Insider