Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's What Happens When A Currency Completely Breaks Down | ZeroHedge
- David Rosenberg Throws Up On The "Trump Rally" - Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- Portland "Orecrats" Target Income Inequality: Pass Massive 25% Tax On Corps With "Excessive CEO Pay" | ZeroHedge
- VIX & Stocks Surge For Second Day Amid Bond Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Are Fiscal Stimulus Expectations Too High? | Financial Sense
- Meet the 2017 FOMC | Financial Sense
- Which Of These Would You Rather Have In Your Safe? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tried 23andMe's new genetic test, and there’s so much you can learn about... | Business Insider
- John Glenn, a pioneering former US astronaut, has... | Business Insider
- The boss of LAMIA Airlines has been arrested after the Colombia... | Business Insider
- Get a Fitbit Alta for under $100 — and more of today's best deals from... | Business Insider
- Environmental justice could be in jeopardy under Trump... | Business Insider
- The top 5 must-know retail trends in mobile and social... | Business Insider
- Samsung's next big bet on cars is a tiny display you... | Business Insider