Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hong Kong Protest: What It's All About | ZeroHedge
- REVERSAL! | iBankCoin.com
- Priming the Pump for Q3 Earnings | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- "Broad-Based Deceleration" - Case-Shiller Home Prices Tumble Most Since Nov 2011, 3rd Drop In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Russia Activates Air Defense Missile System "To Guard Its Southern Frontiers" | ZeroHedge
- Short-Term Bottom Likely In, But Tread Carefully as Bearish Divergences Abound | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's iCloud Is Back Up After Going Down For Some People (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Investors Lose More Money Anticipating Corrections Than From Corrections... | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Catalyst Pharma Closer to Unconscionable Price Hike for Rare-Disease Drug | TheStreet.com
- Chaos In Hong Kong Rivals Tiananmen Square Crackdown 25 Years Ago | Business Insider
- The Microsoft Engine That Nailed The World Cup Is Predicting Every NFL Game — Here... | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About The First Ebola Patient Diagnosed In The US... | Business Insider