Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago PMI Suffers 4th Biggest Drop Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- Texas Tea & Treasury Yields Tumble As Trannies Top The Day | ZeroHedge
- Another Keynesian Debt Boondoggle: How Brussels Plans To Turn $26 Billion Into $390 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Jamie Dimon's Daughter Is Asking You For A Favor | ZeroHedge
- PLaNeS, LaMeBRaiNS AND BaNKSTeR SCHLeMieLS... | ZeroHedge
- Presenting Bubbleology: The Science Of Bubble Money | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Aaron Rodgers Watches Packers TV Broadcasts To Look For Weaknesses In His Game | Business Insider
- Celebrities Show Off Their Beats In Apple's New Ad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The 88-Year Evolution Of The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade | Business Insider
- England opt to field in Sri Lanka one-dayer | Business Insider
- Here's The New Yorker's Brilliantly Simple New Ferguson... | Business Insider
- Pending Home Sales Tumble In October (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, XHB) | Business Insider