Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Finally The "Very Serious People" Get It: QE Will "Permanently Impair Living Standards For Generations To Come" | ZeroHedge
- The Titanic Sinks At Dawn | ZeroHedge
- Frenzied Speculative Activity in China's Equity Markets | Financial Sense
- Week Ahead is Short but Eventful | ZeroHedge
- What’s REALLY Going On In Yemen | ZeroHedge
- California Democrat Predicts Surge In Hookers, Blames "Global Warming" | ZeroHedge
- How Many Slots Are Open In The Upper Middle Class? Not As Many As You Might Think | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Banking behemoths are getting outmatched by Wall... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Meet the 'Shazam for fashion,' an app that listens to the TV... | Business Insider
- There's a simple reason why this top global CEO constantly posts photos on Instagram | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' may have teased one of the next big villains back in... | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch screen is totally different to what's in your... | Business Insider