Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Self-Aware? World's Largest Hedge Fund Shifts Strategy To Artificial Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- 1987 Or 2015? The Gap Between Growth Expectations & Valuations Is "Ridiculous" | ZeroHedge
- Grant Williams: Why The Smart Money Is So Nervous Now | ZeroHedge
- Here Is The Reason Why Stocks Just Had Their Best Month Since October 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Taking The Monetary Policy Ride Into The Theater Of The Absurd | ZeroHedge
- Most Americans Are Slaves And They Don't Even Know It | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Red card mix-up as Rooney sends United third | Business Insider
- This is the main reason video games are so much better today than they... | Business Insider
- Green protests dog IOC in Rio | Business Insider
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov's murder... | Business Insider
- Ukraine conflict at 'crossroads' as troop... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Uruguay's pot-friendly farmer president prepares... | Business Insider