Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greenspan: Price of Gold Will Rise | Financial Sense
- 20-Year CBS News Veteran Details Massive Censorship And Propaganda In Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- Where Is The "Low Gas Price Spending Spree": Consumer Spending Tumbles At Fastest Rate Since October 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Broken Stocks, Battered Bullion, & Bruised Crude | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 30, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Gold Prices Sink 3% to 4-Year Low | Financial Sense
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Just Came Out As Gay (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Political Campaigns Are Making Absolutely Terrible Halloween-Based Pitches... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Peyton Manning Is Still Miles Ahead Of Tom Brady In Career Earnings | Business Insider
- Japan's huge pension fund set for major... | Business Insider
- With Just Months Left In The US Mission, Bloodshed In Afghanistan Has Surged This... | Business Insider
- The Second Languages Of Every Part Of The World In One... | Business Insider