Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Banker Suicides Return: DSK's Hedge Fund Partner Jumps From 23rd Floor Apartment | ZeroHedge
- What’re You Doing with That Hammer? | iBankCoin.com
- Forget "Lower For Longer", The Fed's New Message Is "Sooner But Slower" | ZeroHedge
- About that $FMSA Trade and More | iBankCoin.com
- It’s a green back for a reason!! | ZeroHedge
- Shots Fired At High School North Of Seattle; 6 Reportedly Injured, Possible 2 Fatal | ZeroHedge
- George Soros Slams Putin, Warns Of "Existential Threat" From Russia, Demands $20 Billion From IMF In "Russia War Effort" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pfizer Announces Eye-Popping $11 Billion Share Buyback Plan (PFE) | Business Insider
- Meet The Investor Funding Game-Changing Startups Run From College Dorms | Business Insider
- 15 Brilliant Quotes That Show The Genius Mind Of Box CEO Aaron Levie | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Go Inside Jennifer Lawrence's New $8 Million Beverly Hills... | Business Insider
- Struggling Emerge Energy Is Ready to Soar on Oil Price Recovery | TheStreet.com
- Ford Jumps After Earnings Beat (F) | Business Insider
- The US Just Significantly Escalated Its Airstrike Campaign Against ISIS In Iraq | Business Insider