Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Google Or Apple, FactSet Asks "Who's Bigger"? | ZeroHedge
- US Consumer Is the Last Defense Against Strong Dollar Drag on the Economy | Financial Sense
- Bank Of America Admits The U.S. May Already Be In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Hillary Told Wall Street Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik on Gold, Oil, and Stocks; Sees Accelerating Crash Cycles in 2016 | Financial Sense
- North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket | ZeroHedge
- Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A professor tracked email spam selling fake luxury goods to 3 huge... | Business Insider
- KFC just revealed the newest star of its polarizing Colonel Sanders ads | Business Insider
- Peanuts, pistachios and other 'nuts' that aren’t actually nuts | Business Insider
- Here's how to follow the Super Bowl on Facebook, Twitter, and... | Business Insider
- Here's how Tao makes hundreds of giant fortune cookies by hand every night | Business Insider
- A Harvard psychologist says there's one factor that defines success in a job... | Business Insider
- One notable name is missing from the GOP debate lineup tonight | Business Insider