Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany's Third Largest Party Adopts Anti-Islam Manifesto: Says "Muslims Are Not Welcome In Germany" | ZeroHedge
- Conspicious Consolidated Currency Calculation | ZeroHedge
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- EXCLUSIVE: Another ZERO HEDGE Insider Leak | ZeroHedge
- British "Spies" Among Thousands Of names Exposed Following Massive Leak At Largest Mid-East Bank | ZeroHedge
- NATO Deploys 4000 Troops To Russian Border As EUCOM Chief Urges "Return To War-Planning" | ZeroHedge
- PRECIOUS METALS INVESTOR: Must See Important Charts & Data | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- There's an international competition in which people do insane tricks on jet skis | Business Insider
- Facebook or Google? Here's the difference between working at 2 of the best... | Business Insider
- This 100-year-old model just appeared in Vogue | Business Insider
- This exclusive report reveals the ABCs of the IoT | Business Insider
- A man with a full-time job... | Business Insider
- Fox News anchor Chris Wallace describes the most important moment of... | Business Insider