Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Existing-Home Sales in May Highest Pace in 9 Years | Financial Sense
- Two Black Swans, Far Greater Than BREXIT Are On the Horizon | ZeroHedge
- Sisters | Altucher Confidential
- "Brexit Sends A Clear Message To Sick Political Elite" Marc Faber Sees "Only Good Contagion" | ZeroHedge
- Jordanian Intelligence Has Been Stealing US Arms Intended For Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Something Just Snapped In VIX | ZeroHedge
- Onward Toward Bullion Bank Collapse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how Trump and Clinton's economic policies... | Business Insider
- 11 things no man should wear to the office in the summer | Business Insider
- 11 things to do in your 20s to become a millionaire by 30 | Business Insider
- There are 2 common fears that could doom your relationship | Business Insider
- The biggest storm in the solar system has been raging for 150 years — here are... | Business Insider
- Here's how many people watched 13 recent Netflix original shows, based on... | Business Insider
- Jordan's closed borders are... | Business Insider