Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 10 Jobs That Pay $100k Or More (WITHOUT A College Degree)… | Altucher Confidential
- S&P: These Ten Retailers Will File For Bankruptcy Next | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Stumble As Treasury-Bill Curve Inverts. 'Animal Spirits' Slump | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns "Trump Now A Captive Of The Deep State" | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Second Obamacare Repeal Attempt On The Edge Of Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Sells $34 Billion In 5Y Paper In Ugly, Tailing Auction At Lowest Yield Since November | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Harvard doctors say a counterintuitive strategy can turn a stressful situation into a chance to... | Business Insider
- Man who ambushed Pennsylvania troopers at their barracks, killing 1, is sentenced to... | Business Insider
- Ferguson, Missouri's court system is 'in disarray... | Business Insider
- Southwest Airlines CEO just said the company will no longer... | Business Insider
- A quick look at what every president back to FDR accomplished... | Business Insider
- The Supreme Court just heard a case that could... | Business Insider
- A Russian navy ship has sunk off the coast of Turkey | Business Insider