Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Supporters Get Welcome News As Study Confirms White Population Dying Off Fast In Key Swing States | ZeroHedge
- Beyond Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- "Strike Three" | ZeroHedge
- Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar To Record 95.1 Million: Jump By 446,000 In One Month | ZeroHedge
- Buyers Remorse? Trump Supporter Was Foreclosed On By Treasury Pick Steve Mnuchin | ZeroHedge
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- The Gold Sell-off: How far might it go? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 reasons the iPhone 8 will blow everyone away | Business Insider
- DAVID CAMERON: A Marine Le Pen victory in France would be... | Business Insider
- A bunch of carbon dioxide that's been trapped in the soil is... | Business Insider
- LeBron James has obsessed over each of his teammates' preferences... | Business Insider
- Antarctica's sky just lit up with electric-blue clouds —... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- A Russian spacecraft full of food and water has crashed and burned in the... | Business Insider