Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Yesterday's Market Selloff Turn "Emotional": Here Are The Key Indicators RBC Is Looking At | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right Again: Israeli Teenager Arrested Over Phone Threats To Jewish Community Centers | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bugs; Stellar performance stage set again | ZeroHedge
- Only 1 In 6 Americans Hold 'Favorable' View Of FBI Director Comey | ZeroHedge
- Bill Blain: "It Feels Like The Markets Are In A Limbo Phase" | ZeroHedge
- Avi Gilburt: Major Whipsaws Ahead | Financial Sense
- BUSTED! Twitter Caught Manipulating Tweets Of Former BlackRock Fund Manager Critical Of CIA and NSA | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Enroll in thousands of online classes for $15 each — and more of today's best deals from around the web | Business Insider
- 7 real people share the life hacks that save them thousands | Business Insider
- The company behind underwear maker Duluth Trading... | Business Insider
- It is looking more and more like Johnny Manziel will soon be back in the NFL | Business Insider
- Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, NKE, SHLD... | Business Insider
- 11 sentences your boss doesn't want to hear | Business Insider