Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Homebuilder Confidence Misses For 4th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- San Fran Fed Asks How Important Are Hedge Funds In A Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Do You Belong In The Stock Market? | ZeroHedge
- Did CIA Director Brennan Visit Kiev Recently? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Q1 2014 Reader Survey | FundMyMutualFund
- Five Stocks Lining Up Nicely in Today’s Market | iBankCoin.com
- March CPI Higher Than Expected, Driven By 16.4% Annual Spike In Utilities, Increase In Shelter Index | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Volvo Just Revolutionized The Car Seat In A Way That Parents Are Going To Love | Business Insider
- Here Are The Angry Handwritten Notes Donald Trump Sends To Reporters Who Cover... | Business Insider
- Global Indices Fall Amid Ukraine, China Concerns | TheStreet.com
- How To Make Your New App Go Big In The App Store | Business Insider
- Gold Is Having Its Worst Day Since The Day Of The Taper | Business Insider
- Here Are The Completely Different Ways... | Business Insider
- SOCIAL INSIDER: New LinkedIn App? — Tinder's Value —... | Business Insider