Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukraine Military Plane Hit By Gunfire Over Pro-Russia Held Slavyansk | ZeroHedge
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- Enlightened Self Interest and Financial Industry Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter | ZeroHedge
- CUE PANIC BUYING | iBankCoin.com
- Guaranteed Respite: Dated Till Alibaba | iBankCoin.com
- Late-Cycle Leaders: Please Do Look at Them in a Vacuum | iBankCoin.com
- "Faith" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About How Apple And Google... | Business Insider
- David Moyes Is Out As Manager Of Manchester United | Business Insider
- Hasbro Swings to Profit as Girls' Toy Brands Fly Off Shelves | TheStreet.com
- Bridgegate Investigator Says It's About More Than Finding 'A Smoking Gun... | Business Insider
- Man Allegedly Steals Woman's Dog And Samsung Television... | Business Insider
- McDonald's Sales And Earnings Miss Expectations (MCD) | Business Insider
- Teenage Stowaway Survives 5-Hour Flight To Hawaii In Airplane's Wheel Well | Business Insider