Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Bubble in Dumb Money | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 190: Jon Macks – The Gut Decision That Lasts A Lifetime | Altucher Confidential
- Texas County Enacts "Emergency Paper Ballots" After "Software Glitch" In Voting Machines | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Rise But Miss After Dramatic Downward Revision | ZeroHedge
- More Bad News For Phiadelphia: Obamacare Premiums Set To Soar More Than 50% | ZeroHedge
- "Obscene" Pentagon Folds Under Political Pressure - Stops Seeking Veteran Bonus Repayments | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Escapes Bankruptcy… But Oil Production Continues To Plunge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wolf Blitzer pleads for Trump to take it easier on journalists covering his... | Business Insider
- Lady Gaga drives and belts her greatest hits with James... | Business Insider
- Kesha's unreleased music is said to be amazing, but we'll probably never... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about... | Business Insider
- Microsoft unveiled the Dial — a whole new way to interact with... | Business Insider
- This police officer has become a social-media star by promoting community... | Business Insider
- The ruble is diving | Business Insider