Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Price Up Through 'Key' $1207 Level as 'Brexit Means UK Out of Single Market' | Financial Sense
- Trump's Economic Plan: Create 25 Million Jobs, Grow GDP At 4%, Lower Taxes For All Americans | ZeroHedge
- Putin To Call Trump, May Schedule Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Obama’s Legacy Will Be Forever Etched in Halls of the Federal Reserve | ZeroHedge
- Inequality Doesn't Create Poverty | ZeroHedge
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
- Caption Contest: "I'm Always On The Left" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ex-CIA director John Brennan: '... | Business Insider
- The password you most likely have to use isn't nearly the safest – or easy... | Business Insider
- Prosecutor pushing for prison time for 'Dance Moms' star in... | Business Insider
- Knicks lose at buzzer after being tricked by a Wizards assistant on a play... | Business Insider
- Bristol-Myers shares are sliding after some bad news on its lung... | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains what the world will be like in 500... | Business Insider
- Theresa May believes Trump recognises the importance of NATO... | Business Insider