Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Winship Train Goes Onward | iBankCoin.com
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- EU Official "Denies" Report Of "Greek Deal Pending" Rumor Which Sparked Stocks, Euro Surge | ZeroHedge
- How Clinton Foundation Donations Led To Billions In Weapons Sales To Autocratic Regimes | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Rise, Miss Expectations - Gone Nowhere Since The End Of QE3 | ZeroHedge
- The "Revolving Door" Goes Full Retard: SEC Hires Goldmanite Who Previously Worked At The SEC | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- WATCH LIVE: Here's Google's I/O keynote video, where the company is... | Business Insider
- China's most wanted fugitive is in US custody after being caught with a... | Business Insider
- Money is flooding out of Greek banks — and... | Business Insider
- Google is working on a mobile payments service that makes Apple Pay look... | Business Insider
- Bill Gross dreamt he got advice from a dead artist in a 'séance-... | Business Insider
- Dalai Lama urges Suu Kyi to act on Rohingya | Business Insider