Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Hell To Pay" - The Final Condition For A Market Crash Is Falling Into Place | ZeroHedge
- Dead People Are Voting In The Key Swing State Of Colorado | ZeroHedge
- America's 24/7 Circus Maximus | ZeroHedge
- Household Net Worth: The “Real” Story | Financial Sense
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend, Gennifer Flowers, Confirms She Will "Definitely Be At The Debate" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It looks like the national debt would go up with Clinton, and up... | Business Insider
- 10 things you should know about long-term care | Business Insider
- 23 confusing men's clothing words that you deserve to know the... | Business Insider
- The 30 highest-paying jobs you can get without a bachelor's... | Business Insider
- This theory explains how there could be different dimensions of... | Business Insider
- The new 'Magnificent Seven' just had one of the biggest box office openings... | Business Insider
- A 28-year-old raised $75 million for his new hedge fund... | Business Insider