Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WoRLD TuRTLe DaY 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Apple Watch: Epic Dud? | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece Still A Country If Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | ZeroHedge
- Time To Get Real About China | ZeroHedge
- The Future Is Served: Meet Moley the Robot Master Chef | Financial Sense
- It Is Mathematically Impossible To Pay Off All Of Our Debt | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Bull Market in Bonds Now Ending - Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Pay is ringing in a new era of payment security | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Taking one year to teach English in South Korea completely changed my life | Business Insider
- Pentagon slams Iraqi forces for 'failing to fight... | Business Insider
- Olsen twins to skip 'Full House' reboot | Business Insider