Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China's HNA Group Acquires 25% Stake In Hilton For $6.5 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- German Police Conduct 13 Anti-Terrorism Raids Across 5 States Citing "Imminent Terror Threat" | ZeroHedge
- Radioactive Iodine Leak Reported At Norwegian Nuclear Research Reactor | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- Global Warming Scam Exposed | ZeroHedge
- Credit Card Delinquencies Creep Up To Highest Levels Since 2012 As Subprime Issuance Soars | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Silicon Valley is making Peter Thiel pay for... | Business Insider
- These are the 20 best-selling business books of 2016 so far | Business Insider
- The founder of a 4,500-person company explains why he has dinner with... | Business Insider
- The student loan gap for black and white... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump calls for an investigation into Obama after latest... | Business Insider
- DuPont saw a big drop in quarterly profit (DD) | Business Insider
- The NBA will broadcast at least 25 games in virtual reality this season | Business Insider