Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mulvaney: "Deal To Avoid Government Shutdown Could Come Today" But Won't Due To Border Wall | ZeroHedge
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Give "All Clear" To BTFD If French Election Upsets Market | ZeroHedge
- Cheat Or Chump? - You Are Not An Investor | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Fund CIO Asks If We Have Reached The "Capitulation" Point | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Don't Let This Happen To You | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A mystery trader called '50 Cent' has already... | Business Insider
- White House officials were reportedly worried Trump would... | Business Insider
- New report finds ISIS' caliphate 'is on a path to collapse' | Business Insider
- SCHUMER: A short-term budget deal is reachable if Trump does... | Business Insider
- Binge-watching Netflix shows can actually be good for you | Business Insider
- Icelandic is at risk of becoming an extinct language... | Business Insider
- A legal expert lays out three cases for impeaching Trump | Business Insider