Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Since 2014 The US Has Added 450,000 Waiters And Bartenders, And No Manufacturing Workers | ZeroHedge
- Futures Sink Ahead Of Payrolls, Capping Worst Week For Stocks Since February | ZeroHedge
- Peter Schiff: How Trump Can Make America Great Again | ZeroHedge
- Russian Orchestra Performs In Syria's Palmyra Ruins, Recently Held By ISIS - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Buchanan: If There's A 2nd Cold War, Did Russia Really Start It? | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Dash Cam Footage From Inside Alberta's "Apocalyptic" Inferno | ZeroHedge
- German Study Proves It – 95% Of Greek "Bailout" Money Went To The Banks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This credit card can get you a free night at any hotel | Business Insider
- Ben Carson: Make Ted Cruz attorney general and then... | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman, Goldman Sachs and China: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ON WALL STREET | Business Insider
- GM and Lyft will start testing self-driving... | Business Insider
- The TSA is warning of even longer lines at US airports — but don't think... | Business Insider
- This brilliant color-changing toilet light solves a lot of nighttime problems | Business Insider
- Harry Reid starts the scorched-earth campaign against Donald Trump | Business Insider