Bottom for Best Buy?
Best Buy (BBY) has lost more than 1/3 of its market cap over the past two trading sessions. Justified or overdone?
Depends on how you view it. More importantly were you in the stock before the earnings call? If you were you are probably never investing in BBY again, I don't blame you.
The general consensus is Best Buy is in for more pain. Thus the stock could keep dropping. I for one am willing to take a chance on the massive pullback.
Cramer said wait for the second day drop. That was Friday (Jan 17th) and it shed another 9%. Now what?
Folks Best Buy is not dead. For those who didn't gamble on the earnings call, this is a vulture play. Buy the stock now that it has been hammered. Put in tight stop/loss limits for yourself. If the stock is a falling knife then wait for an absolute bottom. I think BBY is going to bounce 2% when the market opens back tomorrow (Jan 21st).
Besides missing earnings BBY expects operating margin excluding items to be 175 to 185 basis points lower in the fourth-quarter than compared to one year earlier. Best Buy did report that domestic online revenue totaled $1.32 billion, while comparable online sales rose 23.5%.
If you are a bottom feeder like myself then this presents an opportunity for traders. I took a small position today and will wait for next week's action to determine if I will buy more. Some analysts cut their target prices on Best Buy to around mid $30's. I'm game for that and believe in 12 months BBY will be up $10 from today's $24 price.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The True Cause of Prosperity and a Return to the “Old Normal” of Slow Growth | Financial Sense
- Two Things To Read On Martin Luther King Day | ZeroHedge
- “Hell Week II: The Revenge” Threatens Unrestrained Election Rejection | ZeroHedge
- Secular Stagnation Theory: Challenge to DeLong, Summers, Bernanke, Krugman, Keen, Pettis, Edwards | Financial Sense
- A Major Problem Emerges For The Davos Elite | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 15, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- "They Are The Opposition Party" - Trump May Evict Press From The White House | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'A... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to earn a six-figure book... | Business Insider
- These are the world's best blockchain conferences and expos to attend in 2017 | Business Insider
- CNN defends reporter against Trump team: 'Just... | Business Insider
- Google made a brilliant pivot to turn around its self-driving-car struggles | Business Insider
- Moscow didn’t do anything in America’s last election that Washington hasn’t done... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and 12 other banks hiring for high-paying jobs like crazy... | Business Insider